Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Dead Rising 2  (Read 10560 times)

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Rising 2
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2010, 12:50:27 pm »

What I liked about it so far is that it has quite a bit of randomness built in. What you get from leveling up is random, except for the [first] cards and some of the rescue missions appear to be random as well. Some are not.

And 8-10 hours is not long at all. :(

My fav fun weapon so far is the bonkbat... More like baseball & bat.

EDIT: Whenever I can take a screenshot of the game, I need to take one of this... Chuck's all badass in every scene, looking like a mean motherfucker... I gave him one of those girly french hats.... I kept loling in almost every cutscene where he goes badass.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:06:31 pm by Soulwynd »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 01:09:14 pm »

Yeah, my guy either has a lego dude head, or the beer bottle hat you can make, also bunny slippers.

I wish the other characters would react to him properly.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 01:19:54 pm »

Yeah, my guy either has a lego dude head, or the beer bottle hat you can make, also bunny slippers.

I wish the other characters would react to him properly.

Little Girl: "Daddy, why are you wearing a dress?"
Dad: "Its clothing honey, don't you mind what I wear now."

Thats the the first thing that went through my head when I encountered the wearable dress from the first payed demo...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Ephemeriis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 01:44:40 pm »

Thats the the first thing that went through my head when I encountered the wearable dress from the first payed demo...

"Payed demo"?  As in you had to pay for the demo?  I thought a demo was supposed to be a free sample of the game, so you could decide if you wanted to pay for it?

No it isn't.  I'm used to paying $50 for a game, and having it last a good 20-30 hours.  Games these days seem overpriced...  Not just because it's $60 for something on a console, but because you only get 8-10 hours of gameplay.
Work is the curse of the drinking class.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 01:49:00 pm »

"Payed demo"?  As in you had to pay for the demo?  I thought a demo was supposed to be a free sample of the game, so you could decide if you wanted to pay for it?

No it isn't.  I'm used to paying $50 for a game, and having it last a good 20-30 hours.  Games these days seem overpriced...  Not just because it's $60 for something on a console, but because you only get 8-10 hours of gameplay.

The demo was a whole seperate area (some small town I think?) with its own quests and survivors and stuff. Everyone I know who's played it said it's basically a 20 dollar value for the price of a fiver. It's more of a DLC prequel than a demo though.

And yeah theres only about 10 hours for one playthrough, but if you're only doing one playthrough you're doing it wrong. :P

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 02:49:32 pm »

Though the 360 version not having system link is an expected kick in the teeth. Who could possibly want to play a coop game without paying for xbox live?! Obviously noone according to game devs  ::)
Obviously no one according to ANY game dev. I don't think I've found a game on the console that supports system link. Except halo but that doesn't really count because Halo is just Microsoft's spoiled grandson and he gets everything.
I'm "full demoing" it as well, but I haven't played too much yet mainly because of Civ V. That and the fact that my first sit down I played for a few hours and kept forgetting to save then I died and was too lazy to re-play to the point I was at before. It seemed like a pretty good game from what I've seen, but I agree that the time limit is sort of annoying sometimes and I hope there's a sandbox mode that you can unlock or maybe dlc in the future.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

If they sell the infinite/sandbox/whatever its called mode as DLC I'll be very annoyed, since it wouldn't really be much work to include and was in the first one.

The most annoying thing about system link is that surely it's trivial to include if you're going to have xbox live support. There are a few games that have it (saints row 2, left 4 dead 1+2, gears of war) but mostly it's a now show. Even more annoying because noone seems to want to make split screen games anymore either. /rant

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 03:13:33 pm »

Ah yea, I did forget L4D1+2 but that's because I'm the only one that owns a copy of it out of my friends so we can't system link anyways. System linking with only 1 copy of a game, ahhh we can only dream.
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 03:25:13 pm »

I think microsoft might discourage system linking on account of how people discovered its pretty damn easy to system link across the internet, and thus play games online without paying microsoft.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2010, 03:41:43 pm »

The thing I hate the most about the game is the irritating targeting.

No damn you. I don't want to pick up that potted plant. I want to move trough the door.

Argh don't pick up that serving plate. PICK UP THE DAMN CAKE ON IT!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2010, 08:12:30 am »

I just hired this today.

It's awesome.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2010, 11:19:04 am »

Bought this for the 360 and am enjoying the hell out of it.  The time-limit thing is a pain, but without it the game would seem ... passive, I suppose.  As it stands, you can beat the game (and get a terrible ending) by just staying in the safe house for three days.  Without a sense of urgency, there would be no compelling force in the game.  I just wish there was a little more time, or that time passed a little more slowly.

For those playing on the PC, there's always a gamepad.  And what is the best gamepad ever for the PC?  The wired 360 controller.  Fortunately enough, most cross-platform games  released for the PC have preset mappings for the 360 controller; no muss, no fuss.  And this game doesn't have enough of a dependence on accuracy to justify using mouse+keyboard.

And as for making Chuck look silly, nothing beats the joke glasses (complete with Groucho Marx eyebrows and fake nose).  Classic comedy.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2010, 12:08:15 pm »

man I wonder what silly Craft combos people would mod into the pc version.
maybe mixing the amp with sunglasses so Chuck can PUNish his foes to death.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2010, 04:52:55 pm »

I'm glad I checked this out via a torrent. The keymapping is utter BS. The key config file is barely even readable on top of that, and I've done my fair share of rewriting/remapping keys in .inis. There's no way I'm going to spend 30 mins mapping and retesting keys. Also, the game only wants to recognize 360 controllers. Got a generic dual shock? Haha, suck it, it won't work.

I'm sure the game is entertaining. But this has to be one of the laziest PC ports I've run across this year.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2010, 04:57:12 pm »

I agree it seems like a lazy port for the pc. Perhaps that is the reason for the $40 price tag, which will likely be $30 by the holiday season. It's a lot of fun but I haven't spent more than 6 hours in three days playing it which is a sure sign that it will get traded in in a month.
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7