Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: HELL YEAH GOIN TO JAPAN  (Read 13042 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
HELL YEAH GOIN TO JAPAN
« on: September 21, 2010, 01:08:39 am »

So a few weeks ago I entered an application at my school for the Japanese Exchange trip to Shinonsen that's happening in July next year. Just got the news back today - I'M IN. AWESOME.

So I now have about six months to raise another $2500 or so. I already have some money towards it, but I need more. I'd really like to get the money in early so I don't get kicked out. OH MY GOD SO FRIGGIN HAPPY.
くコ:彡

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
Re: HELL YEAH GOIN TO JAPAN
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 01:26:36 am »

... I am happy you are happy, but don't expect much more from me.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 01:34:53 am »

I hear in Japan they have things that they don't have in the country you are in. Perhaps you should look at those things.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 01:37:18 am »

Those things will likely be very different from what you are used to.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 01:47:18 am »

They may, for example, have any involved text written in Japanese. There may also be a marked deficit of English speakers.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 01:48:41 am »

Make sure you don't buy panties from vending machines when you're trying to get beer or cigs, and you should be okay.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 01:52:12 am »

I can read Japanese fairly well, and speak it to a slightly lesser degree. And I can't exactly buy beer and cigs yet, so I should be fine.
くコ:彡

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 01:58:16 am »

I can read Japanese fairly well, and speak it to a slightly lesser degree. And I can't exactly buy beer and cigs yet, so I should be fine.

Good!  Then stay away from the wasabi-flavored kitkats unless you have a lot of water around.  I hear they're sickeningly sweet.

Oh, and take pictures, and give us recipes, and, and, and... stuff.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 02:02:22 am »

Oh, and don't expect a warm welcome from anyone not making money off your dirty tourism. Everyone hates foreigners everywhere, and Japan is by no means an exception.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 02:13:33 am »

I hear they have 'maid cafes' where girls in maid outfits pretend to be servants to nerds. I recommend them so you can get an idea how happily married I am.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 02:16:17 am »

Not sure if this is related/the same thing, but I heard they have "Love Hotels" where no actual prostitution goes on. No, instead you hire a hostess, who you are then allowed to talk to for the next few hours. That's right, Yakuza wasn't making that up, they're real. Yeah, I don't understand it either.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 02:17:04 am »

I hear they have 'maid cafes' where girls in maid outfits pretend to be servants to nerds. I recommend them so you can get an idea how happily married I am.
I look forward to being unhappily married, then.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 02:32:19 am »

This just in, Nikov is still married. More on this, fairly soon.

Grey_313

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 02:33:11 am »

Great to know you're still an unlikable misogynist.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:52 am »

コングラジュレシャンズ!
痴漢注意よ!
\(^∀^)/
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9