Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863611 times)

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2640 on: January 05, 2013, 10:53:12 am »

I use the branch 16.1 and noticed something rather annoying. When I sort by skill, instead of the current XP for that skill, it actually sorts by a routine using the current level in that skill and stats to determine, who is the best candidate for that labour. It would be fine, except this routine doesn't take into account the skill rates. I play a mod with heavy emphasis on castes and the learning rates are in the 50-300 range, so they matter even more than stats.

adjust your global weights, set your skill to 1, attributes to 0.  Problem solved?

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2641 on: January 05, 2013, 11:58:34 am »

@Nkosi_SW: i've been able to reproduce both the issues you've brought up and i'll should have a fix out soon

@Maklak: i think i see what you mean. i guess you could get around this by grouping by caste and then sorting, but you'd have to know which caste's have which skill rates, which i'd imagine is a pain. i've poked around a bit and it should be fairly easy to add skill rate information to the skill/labor columns, as well as modifying the sort value to accommodate the rate gain as well.

this is also interesting for the roles and their rating system. i think it would make sense to take into account the skill rates when determining the ratings... as a higher skill rate should be better in all cases. obviously all this is more useful in mods, so i don't think vanilla should be affected much.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: January 05, 2013, 01:28:28 pm »

@arclance: well it turned out that i had to recompile the libraries for qt, seems i was missing some of the prerequisites before i compiled the first time. looks like everything is running well without funky graphics anymore. i had to slightly modify the script to surround the last line with" marks when i had a space in the folder name. just something to be aware of.

i've packaged up another version with the qt 4.8.4 libraries as well as every other system library ldd reported for more testing, so if anyone wants to try it out, here it is:

Download Dwarf Therapist Linux v19.1
That does not work for me, I get a "Segmentation fault".
With gdb I get this backtrace.
Code: [Select]
_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1$ ./DT
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/DwarfTherapist...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/DwarfTherapist
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf6b7619a in __libc_start_main ()
   from /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/./libs/libc.so.6
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xf6b7619a in __libc_start_main ()
   from /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/./libs/libc.so.6
No symbol table info available.
#1  0x08063411 in _start ()
(gdb)

What is the purpose of the
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=
in your launch script?

You can download my build here if you want to look at it.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2643 on: January 05, 2013, 01:55:57 pm »

@arclance: well it turned out that i had to recompile the libraries for qt, seems i was missing some of the prerequisites before i compiled the first time. looks like everything is running well without funky graphics anymore. i had to slightly modify the script to surround the last line with" marks when i had a space in the folder name. just something to be aware of.

i've packaged up another version with the qt 4.8.4 libraries as well as every other system library ldd reported for more testing, so if anyone wants to try it out, here it is:

Download Dwarf Therapist Linux v19.1
That does not work for me, I get a "Segmentation fault".
With gdb I get this backtrace.
_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1$ ./DT
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.4.1-debian
Copyright (C) 2012 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/bugs/>...
Reading symbols from /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/DwarfTherapist...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /media/Linux_Data/Dwarf_Fortress/Utilities/DwarfTherapist/dt_linux_v19.1_2/dt_linux_v19.1/DwarfTherapist
[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libthread_db.so.1".

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0xf6b7619a in __libc_start_main ()
(gdb) bt full
#0  0xf6b7619a in __libc_start_main ()
#1  0x08063411 in _start ()
(gdb)

What is the purpose of the
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=
in your launch script?

You can download my build here if you want to look at it.

the plugin_path was recommended on another forum, but i don't believe it's necessary. could the error be a 32/64 bit issue? i just tried out your build, and i can't launch it either i get this error:

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40704) with this library (version 0x40802)

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2644 on: January 05, 2013, 02:34:34 pm »

the plugin_path was recommended on another forum, but i don't believe it's necessary.
I looked it up and it looks like people include it to stop QT from loading parts of KDE.
I would leave it in then, it should not cause any problems if that is the case.

could the error be a 32/64 bit issue?
Could be a 32/64 bit issue.
What did you build 32 or 64bit?
If you made a 32 bit build and included a 64bit library or included 32bit libs in a 64bit build it might just crash like that.
It usually complains about the "ELF Class" being wrong if you do that though.
If you built 32bit did you cross-compile or not?
I don't know what kind of shenanigans that could cause since I have never done it.

i just tried out your build, and i can't launch it either i get this error:

Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x40704) with this library (version 0x40802)
That could be caused it trying to load parts of your QT build that I did not know need to be included in the "libs" folder.

Could you try adding
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=""
to my launch script to see if does anything.

If that does not work could you run Dwarf Therapist with this script
#!/bin/sh
appname="DwarfTherapist"

dirname=`dirname $0`
tmp="${dirname#?}"

if [ "${dirname%$tmp}" != "/" ]; then
dirname=$PWD/$dirname
fi
cd "$dirname"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dirname/libs":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
strace $dirname/$appname "$@"
and post the output here so I can see what it is trying to load?

It might also be a problem with your QT build (possibly just because it is a newer version than mine) or from the little research I did from having parts of KDE installed.

I have tested my build on Fedora 14, Xubuntu 11.10, Debian Testing, and Debian Unstable so I suspect it has to do with your QT version or build options.
I think that might be one of the most dwarfen contraptions I've ever seen the blueprints of.
The Bloodwinery v1.3.1 | Dwarven Lamination v1.5 | Tileset Resizer v2.5 - Mac Beta Tester Needed
Sigtext

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2645 on: January 05, 2013, 03:10:31 pm »

the plugin_path was recommended on another forum, but i don't believe it's necessary.
I looked it up and it looks like people include it to stop QT from loading parts of KDE.
I would leave it in then, it should not cause any problems if that is the case.

could the error be a 32/64 bit issue?
Could be a 32/64 bit issue.
What did you build 32 or 64bit?
If you made a 32 bit build and included a 64bit library or included 32bit libs in a 64bit build it might just crash like that.
It usually complains about the "ELF Class" being wrong if you do that though.
If you built 32bit did you cross-compile or not?
I don't know what kind of shenanigans that could cause since I have never done it.

i just tried out your build, and i can't launch it either i get this error:

That could be caused it trying to load parts of your QT build that I did not know need to be included in the "libs" folder.

Could you try adding
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=""
to my launch script to see if does anything.

If that does not work could you run Dwarf Therapist with this script
#!/bin/sh
appname="DwarfTherapist"

dirname=`dirname $0`
tmp="${dirname#?}"

if [ "${dirname%$tmp}" != "/" ]; then
dirname=$PWD/$dirname
fi
cd "$dirname"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$dirname/libs":$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
strace $dirname/$appname "$@"
and post the output here so I can see what it is trying to load?

It might also be a problem with your QT build (possibly just because it is a newer version than mine) or from the little research I did from having parts of KDE installed.

I have tested my build on Fedora 14, Xubuntu 11.10, Debian Testing, and Debian Unstable so I suspect it has to do with your QT version or build options.

your build works fine if i remove the Qt libraries from the libs folder. adding the plugin export had no effect. here's a link to the strace log. i have both qt 4.7.4 libraries and 4.8.4 libraries.

arclance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: January 05, 2013, 03:45:10 pm »

^
From the strace I think the problem happens when it loads qt plugins from "qt4/plugins" (in "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins" on you computer) from your installed QT.
Because your install is of a different enough version it is unable to do that.
I have found that it also needs "libQtSvg.so.4", "libQtDBus.so.4", and "libQtXml.so.4" which did not show up in my ldd from the strace.

Here is a new version which I think should not use your system QT libs or plugins anymore.
I put the "qt4/plugins" folder in the libs folder and made a qt.conf file to make DwarfTherapist only load the plugins from that folder.
[Paths]
Libraries = ./libs
Plugins = ./libs/qt4/plugins
Sigtext

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2647 on: January 05, 2013, 03:54:08 pm »

^
From the strace I think the problem happens when it loads qt plugins from "qt4/plugins" (in "/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/qt4/plugins" on you computer) from your installed QT.
Because your install is of a different enough version it is unable to do that.
I have found that it also needs "libQtSvg.so.4", "libQtDBus.so.4", and "libQtXml.so.4" which did not show up in my ldd from the strace.

Here is a new version which I think should not use your system QT libs or plugins anymore.
I put the "qt4/plugins" folder in the libs folder and made a qt.conf file to make DwarfTherapist only load the plugins from that folder.
[Paths]
Libraries = ./libs
Plugins = ./libs/qt4/plugins

i noticed those extra libraries as well in the strace. these changes work though, the script launches DT now without issue.

Nkosi_SW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: January 05, 2013, 08:10:08 pm »

@Nkosi_SW: i've been able to reproduce both the issues you've brought up and i'll should have a fix out soon

Sounds good.  Thanks splinterz.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: January 05, 2013, 10:40:25 pm »

here's a weird bug

I used to be able to create a military labor optimization plan (I can do it manually by editing an exported optimization plan, however).

I add an "architect" job, assign it to my "ranged combat" custom role

then go to add a second, and it crashes
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:45:10 pm by thistleknot »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2650 on: January 06, 2013, 05:22:48 am »

I noticed two things while playing a testfort. Dont know if known issues or not.

1: Alchemy Savant has 0 xp in Alchemy? Description says he is good in alchemy, the tab shows no experience in it.
 - The alchemy savant has natural skill 10 in alchemy. He arrived with the skill. Therapist shows NO skill and NO Exp in the tab. (there should be a black box showing skill in the tabs, but it is blank.) Mouseover tooltip on the dwarf itself will show that he is lvl10 in alchemy.

2: Legion dwarf has 2000 strength, is "weak" for a legion dwarf (max 5000) Is protrait in the therapist as weak, while being twice as strong as other dwarves.
 - Legion dwarves are way stronger then normal dwarves. But since the unit description compares inside the caste, they are weak even with 2000-3000 strength, because their maximum is 5000. In the Therapist he is shown as weak as well, while being the strongest dwarf by far in the fortress. Maybe the Therapist should show dwarves on a relative scale from 0 to 5000.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2651 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:22 am »

I noticed two things while playing a testfort. Dont know if known issues or not.

1: Alchemy Savant has 0 xp in Alchemy? Description says he is good in alchemy, the tab shows no experience in it.
 - The alchemy savant has natural skill 10 in alchemy. He arrived with the skill. Therapist shows NO skill and NO Exp in the tab. (there should be a black box showing skill in the tabs, but it is blank.) Mouseover tooltip on the dwarf itself will show that he is lvl10 in alchemy.

2: Legion dwarf has 2000 strength, is "weak" for a legion dwarf (max 5000) Is protrait in the therapist as weak, while being twice as strong as other dwarves.
 - Legion dwarves are way stronger then normal dwarves. But since the unit description compares inside the caste, they are weak even with 2000-3000 strength, because their maximum is 5000. In the Therapist he is shown as weak as well, while being the strongest dwarf by far in the fortress. Maybe the Therapist should show dwarves on a relative scale from 0 to 5000.

1. this should be an easy fix, in game_data.ini the under [labors] scroll down to 65/name = Alchemy and change the skill from -1 to 15. since this wasn't used in vanilla i don't think it was ever set. i'll make sure to fix it as well in the next release.

2. if it's compared on a absolute scale of 0-5000, then the descriptions (ie. very weak, strong, etc..) don't match the descriptions in the game, which may lead to confusion, that's why i ended up putting in the caste attribute descriptors. i also assumed that if someone is playing a mod with a crapton of castes, they'll probably be paying attention to what castes are being assigned to what labors/military. (ie. look for warrior castes and assign them to military first, then look elsewhere)

this also only affects the descriptor, and the drawn square/number/thinger in the box. sorting always uses the absolute values.

now to aid in this confusion, i could add extra caste information on the tooltips such as 'very weak, for a warrior caste' or something along those lines. the other last resort if it's too painful is to add in an option in to draw/describe attributes based on the absolute scale.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2652 on: January 06, 2013, 03:15:55 pm »

Ok, thanks for the quick answer. First one is an oversight that is irrelevant to vanilla DF, so it was overlooked and will be fixed. Good. Second one is a design choice to meet ingame description with therapist. Understandable from my point of view as well. I just wanted to report both, because I didnt knew if it was a design choice, or not.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Relnor

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: January 06, 2013, 03:27:49 pm »

Sorry if anyone else asked, but - Therapist seems to stop showing Migration waves after the 10th. Once it reaches the 10th it just starts adding new dwarves to the bottom of the 10th wave.

Is there any way to make the Therapist show waves after 10, or should I just start marking the last dwarf in the wave with a nickname to know where the next migrant wave starts ?

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: January 06, 2013, 06:16:25 pm »

Would it be possible to make the Professions pictures editable?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177] 178 179 ... 192