Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 863816 times)

Moggers

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)
« Reply #2475 on: August 02, 2012, 06:57:24 am »

Hi, I haven't been playing Dwarf Fortress for very long and found Splinterz' DT, as well as general DT on /v/'s Dwarf Fortress thread, just wanted to say thank you for making such a useful tool, it really helps with the tremendous learning curve the game, and especially the military screen has been presenting.

If I can make a request, I know that it'd be difficult, if it's even possible, but could there be some way to handle equipment management and squad schedules through Dwarf Therapist?

Cheers, Moggers

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: August 03, 2012, 12:37:11 am »

hi, what is the state of the project? i see a Dorf therapist version for 34.10 in the opening post, is it ok to use it for 34.11 or do I have to look around or modify something?

thanks in advance :)
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

Argelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 03, 2012, 01:45:04 am »

You can happily use the splinter's branch of therapist with DF 34.11 :
download
Killing dwarves is so much fun. Heck, even the dwarves agree, else they wouldn't kill themselves so often.

Raven

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 03, 2012, 02:46:00 am »

You can happily use the splinter's branch of therapist with DF 34.11 :
download
thank you kind sir

i hope the project will continue without troubles :)
http://dwarffortressitalia.tumblr.com/

Italian blog about Dwarf Fortress

Il primo blog italiano su Dwarf Fortress

CatkinsFTW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: August 03, 2012, 06:43:28 am »

splinter,
  Thanks to you I pulled and compiled your clone of DT. 
  I found that highest moodable skill was correctly finding the moodable skills but incorrectly sorting for lowest moodable skill. 
  I couldn't find a location to submit a patch on google code, so here is a patch that fixed the problem for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you have a preferred way of people submitting bug reports/patches I'm all ears.

Thanks

p.s. DwarfEngineer thanks for your work as well.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2480 on: August 03, 2012, 08:18:57 am »

splinter,
  Thanks to you I pulled and compiled your clone of DT. 
  I found that highest moodable skill was correctly finding the moodable skills but incorrectly sorting for lowest moodable skill. 
  I couldn't find a location to submit a patch on google code, so here is a patch that fixed the problem for me.

If you have a preferred way of people submitting bug reports/patches I'm all ears.

Thanks

p.s. DwarfEngineer thanks for your work as well.

thanks for the report, i'll be sure to fix it in the upcoming release (it's going to be awesome!) unfortunately your fix will still have problems, this is what you need:

@Nkosi_SW: thanks for all the kind words, i'm glad you're enjoying the changes  ;D

@Moggers: thanks for the support. unfortunately i don't think i'll be able to setup scheduling and uniforms as i can't directly modify DF like dfhack does.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2481 on: August 04, 2012, 05:57:10 am »

new version is up!

• preferences (drink, items, materials, etc.) have been added
  • preferences can be viewed multiple ways:
    • simple list in the tooltip
    • in the dwarf details pane (grouped by type). note: this is hidden by default, it's at the very bottom, drag it up to see it
  • a new dockable window has been added to show all preferences of the current population, and their respective likes/dislikes. selecting preferences will filter the view to only show those dwarfs who have the preference. this filtering should also work in conjunction with any currently running scripts.
  • added file->snapshot menu to take a snapshot image of the current view

Project Home // Download

let me know what you think. i'm concerned with the tooltips getting too large with all the additional information, so i'm considering putting in options to choose which information is shown in the tooltips.

please report any bug reports and i'll fix things up asap.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 05, 2012, 02:23:23 am »

Holy shite that is awesome, i was thinking about this just the other day. Brilliant addition!

Feature request: Is it possible to display a dwarfs speed? this is another thing i was thinking about, useful for military !!SCIENCE!! maybe this is best left to something like dfhack though.

Edit: One issue just now, DT seemed to hang on exit. The process still existed but all windows had gone, so i thought i'd exit DF before killing off the process and then pop everything came back on screen and i could exit safetly. I have been unable to reproduce this. Hadn't noticed this behaivour before.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 02:33:54 am by Intrinsic »
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2483 on: August 05, 2012, 03:52:30 pm »

Holy shite that is awesome, i was thinking about this just the other day. Brilliant addition!

Feature request: Is it possible to display a dwarfs speed? this is another thing i was thinking about, useful for military !!SCIENCE!! maybe this is best left to something like dfhack though.

Edit: One issue just now, DT seemed to hang on exit. The process still existed but all windows had gone, so i thought i'd exit DF before killing off the process and then pop everything came back on screen and i could exit safetly. I have been unable to reproduce this. Hadn't noticed this behaivour before.

hrmm i'll have to try and reproduce that process hang myself. i'm not sure about the speed, isn't it directly correlated to agility?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 04:52:36 pm by splinterz »

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 06, 2012, 02:44:59 am »

hrmm i'll have to try and reproduce that process hang myself. i'm not sure about the speed, isn't it directly correlated to agility?

Agility+what they are carrying/holding afaik. Ie shifting furniture/blocks around slows them. And for the military it's mainly to see how Armour User effects speed, as if you load up new recruits with metal armour they'll not only move like a hippo they'll also swing like one too and anything related to movement, ie dodge...they are almost useless ;p Plus Armour User itself will increase super slow if you give them the best armour from the start.

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 06, 2012, 09:25:11 pm »

in the dwarf details pane (grouped by type). note: this is hidden by default, it's at the very bottom, drag it up to see it

I looked through all the menu's, and looked at a few dwarf's detail pane's... scrolled all the way to the bottom of each of 4 menu's...

am I missing how to find this preference area... I'm new to the concept of preference

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 07, 2012, 02:05:52 am »

in the dwarf details pane (grouped by type). note: this is hidden by default, it's at the very bottom, drag it up to see it

I looked through all the menu's, and looked at a few dwarf's detail pane's... scrolled all the way to the bottom of each of 4 menu's...

am I missing how to find this preference area... I'm new to the concept of preference

I don't think it's just you! i couldn't either :) the prefs do show in tooltips though.

splinterz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Therapist Branch
« Reply #2487 on: August 07, 2012, 02:43:46 am »

the panes themselves can be completely collapsed. you should get a different resize/expand cursor at the very bottom of the container pane itself (just below the roles pane if it's showing) and be able to drag up from there to show the preferences. so the ordering is skills->attributes->traits->roles->preferences.

the dock window is in the menu under windows->docks->preferences.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 07, 2012, 03:07:47 am »

preferences (drink, items, materials, etc.) have been added

:D!

thistleknot

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Normalized Spreadsheet Berserker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 07, 2012, 08:42:45 pm »

the panes themselves can be completely collapsed. you should get a different resize/expand cursor at the very bottom of the container pane itself (just below the roles pane if it's showing) and be able to drag up from there to show the preferences. so the ordering is skills->attributes->traits->roles->preferences.

the dock window is in the menu under windows->docks->preferences.

I see the preferences dock window.

However, it doesn't change as I select different dwarf's.

I also don't see any resize or close option other than the ....

okay... I can select a preference, and then it applies a filter...

okay, but I don't see any resize option other than the dock windows...

I'm looking to find this

oh... I see it.

I have to resize the bottom window of the last box in the details pane, there is no resize button, it's just the bottom solid line of the last textbox...

it would be nice to see it from the details pane from the grid view, rather than having to look at details  (but I bet that's crowded already... a slider bar would be nice).

Also... it would be nice to have some of grid view of those numbers if possible... I'm so new to this concept Preferences

so preferences might be useful for filling mayor's orders... I get it...
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:50:11 pm by thistleknot »
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 192