Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864254 times)

JoeyLemur

• Bay Watcher
  • Don't fear the lemur.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #630 on: May 10, 2011, 02:31:29 am »

Any chance that the bit that stores custom-defined jobs could be stored with the executable, or at least make it an option?

My problem is that I transfer my DF stuff around between different systems, and the custom jobs wind up being different everywhere (I assume its stored under the user Application Data directory...)

Something to think about, especially with people apparently working on a Mac port.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: May 10, 2011, 09:34:41 am »

Any chance that the bit that stores custom-defined jobs could be stored with the executable, or at least make it an option?

My problem is that I transfer my DF stuff around between different systems, and the custom jobs wind up being different everywhere (I assume its stored under the user Application Data directory...)

Something to think about, especially with people apparently working on a Mac port.

Windows 7 does not allow this a lot of times and it would cause the application to fail.

You can retrieve your custom stuff from here -> %appdata%\UDP Software\Dwarf Therapist.ini

you can put "%appdata%\UDP Software\" into any explorer window and it will pop up the directory.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: May 13, 2011, 10:04:38 am »

I don't know if this has already been mentioned (didn't read the whole thread) but there are a few bugs I noticed:

1) Beekeeper jobs aren't graphically displayed in the grid and you can't order the grid by skill level in that profession, they show correctly in the tooltip on the dwarf name and the "Dwarf Detail" view
2) Wax worker jobs aren't graphically displayed in the grid and you can't order the grid by skill level in that profession, they show correctly in the tooltip on the dwarf name and the "Dwarf Detail" view
3) In the "Dwarf Detail" view some dwarves have an "UNKNOWN" skill... what's that supposed to be?

By the way, I suggest:

1) a tab with the Preferences (sortable of course)
2) a tab with the Attributes (sortable of course)
3) a tab with the Traits (sortable of course)
4) maybe extend the filter interface so you can select a set of attributes/traits/preferences/skills and it searches which dwarves match, it would make selecting:
nobles without impossible/difficult preferences for mandates,
appointed nobles (like the broker, manager, mayor, etc) with the appropiate traits for the role,
sheriff/captain of the guard/guards by the strength attribute (lowest of course)
engravers/workshop workers for their preferences so they don't make a "platinum statue of rat" or engrave a wall/decorate something with images of rats when your nobles detest rats

well you get the idea... right now I use Runesmith to check the attributes (no filtering nor sorting, though) and TheRapist/Runesmith to check the Traits (no filtering nor sorting, either), for the preferences and everything else you're stuck with DF "friendly" interface  :-*

Great work and thanks for the application it really makes DF playable!!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 10:19:48 am by Kaos »

Rhazak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: May 13, 2011, 10:54:00 am »

3) In the "Dwarf Detail" view some dwarves have an "UNKNOWN" skill... what's that supposed to be?
I know one is Military Tactics at least.

Disquiet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: May 14, 2011, 11:39:08 pm »

I have encountered a bug, dwarf therapist thinks a few of my dwarves are dead when they are not. These are 4 military dwarves I sent to fight a forgotten beast with poisonous vapors breath attack. They got infected and were sitting in the hospital rotting and spewing miasma for a few months. However they all fully recovered except now they are all blind. I'm not sure its something to do with the missing eyes or the fact that almost every bodypart on these dwarves was wounded. I can provide the save if you want. I have also noticed that DT thinks that caged dwarves are dead aswell.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 11:41:14 pm by Disquiet »

Kubouch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:47 pm »

I have a problem. I use Ubuntu 11.04 and I built my Dwarf Therapist (not sure how, I'm guite a noob in Linux, I just messed with it for some time). It runs perfectly with DF 0.31.25 but I can't assign dwarves custom jobs. I can change their jobs but I can't change a name of job in DT. I need to do that in Dwarf Fortress which is kinda annoying. Is there any solution?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 03:35:45 pm by Kubouch »

Kadaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: May 23, 2011, 07:22:42 pm »

I'm having issues getting DT to work. It opens fine, but doesn't connect to DF. I can manually click the "Connect To DF" button without an error, but if I click the "Read Dwarves" button the app crashes.

Tail of run.log show:
2011-May-23 17:19:26.961 DEBUG   core   adding valid layout "v0.31.03" "0x4bc3c470" [../dwarftherapist/src/dfinstance.cpp:95] (DFInstance)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.962 DEBUG   core   valid_flags_2 count:  0 [../dwarftherapist/src/memorylayout.cpp:76] (load_data)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.962 DEBUG   core   adding valid layout "v0.31.02" "0x4bbdf378" [../dwarftherapist/src/dfinstance.cpp:95] (DFInstance)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.962 DEBUG   core   valid_flags_2 count:  0 [../dwarftherapist/src/memorylayout.cpp:76] (load_data)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.962 DEBUG   core   adding valid layout "v0.31.01" "0x4bb45f99" [../dwarftherapist/src/dfinstance.cpp:95] (DFInstance)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.963 ERROR   core   Skipping read of invalid memory layout in "C:/Users/kadaan/Documents/Dwarf Fortress/DwarfTherapist-0.6.10/etc/memory_layouts/windows/.ini" [../dwarftherapist/src/memorylayout.cpp:39] (load_data)
2011-May-23 17:19:26.963 DEBUG   core   attempting to find running copy of DF by window handle [../dwarftherapist/src/dfinstancewindows.cpp:186] (find_running_copy)
j

Windows 7 64, DF 0.31.25.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: May 24, 2011, 08:27:12 am »

I'm having issues getting DT to work. It opens fine, but doesn't connect to DF. I can manually click the "Connect To DF" button without an error, but if I click the "Read Dwarves" button the app crashes
If you have not done so already, reboot your computer and try again.'

Make sure you are running 0.6.10 (Help->About)

Also run DT as administrator and make sure you do not have any heuristic based anti-malware programs on that might intercept DT's memory read.

also try making a new pocket world and embarking with a couple dwarves and and seeing if you can still cannot connect.

Also if you have any mods, try it with a clean version and see if one of the jobs or something is causing a crash, never heard of it, but it is a possibility...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 11:11:18 am by profit »

Kadaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: May 24, 2011, 01:03:26 pm »

I'm having issues getting DT to work. It opens fine, but doesn't connect to DF. I can manually click the "Connect To DF" button without an error, but if I click the "Read Dwarves" button the app crashes
If you have not done so already, reboot your computer and try again.'

Make sure you are running 0.6.10 (Help->About)

Also run DT as administrator and make sure you do not have any heuristic based anti-malware programs on that might intercept DT's memory read.

also try making a new pocket world and embarking with a couple dwarves and and seeing if you can still cannot connect.

Also if you have any mods, try it with a clean version and see if one of the jobs or something is causing a crash, never heard of it, but it is a possibility...

I installed all the windows updates pending and rebooted. Downloaded a fresh copy of DT 0.6.10 and base DF 0.31.25 with no mods. I have Symantec Endpoint Protection (required for work) but disabled everything (Antivirus/Antispyware/Proactive Threat) to test. I ran both DF and DT as administrator. Same issue, but additional errors in the log:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anything else I can try, or additional information I can provide?

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: May 24, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »

Just to double check you are running the SDL version and not the legacy version of dwarf fortress correct?

Also run this just to make sure -> http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2702
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 04:38:37 pm by profit »

Kadaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: May 24, 2011, 05:08:41 pm »

Just to double check you are running the SDL version and not the legacy version of dwarf fortress correct?

Also run this just to make sure -> http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2702

Yep, using the windows SDL version from http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/. I ran the script that deleted the ini file, still no go :(.

It works fine on my home PC, just not at work. Maybe they have some other security besides Symantec running in the background that's blocking it.

Edit: Looks like it's trying to make a network connection, so the security policy is blocking it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Why is DT trying to make an outbound web connection?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 05:17:51 pm by Kadaan »

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: May 24, 2011, 06:05:00 pm »

It's checking for a new version, I imagine.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: May 24, 2011, 08:32:15 pm »

Oh! no, it is checking for INI files.  If it does not recognize the version it will look for and download them from the main site.

if it cannot connect, the last version .6.10 will work with is v0.31.21 graphics + legacy

* it also does version checking though I think in the newest ones.

If you want to download the memory layouts for the new version manually you can get them from here -> http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=328#c2

« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:37:10 pm by profit »

Dwarf_Fever

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: May 25, 2011, 12:05:58 am »

Bug

Hopefully this has not been posted already-

In certain "Group By" view modes, like "Has Nickname" you can toggle groups on just fine, like "Toggle Hauling for Has Nickname." However, it will not let you (or me at least) untoggle the group again, instead having to untoggle each of the group subsets one by one.

Suggestion

Dwarf Therapist is a great management tool, and I think it could even be a great automation program with another feature or two - hopefully it is still being developed? It seems like you could set up a few simple parameters and just fire and forget. Let DT run in the background, and if key dwarves happen to die, it will automatically take the next best choice from a less-important group and switch his jobs. I'm thinking something like this:

1. Add checkboxes to the skill columns, so they can be marked Low Priority, Mid Priority, High Priority and/or Military.

2. Add a tab for input for each of the 4 priority levels, something like:

High Priority

[X] Enable best _2_ worker(s).
[X] Enable best _1_ worker(s) per related workshop.
[  ] Disable workers with skill less than ___.

[X] Exclusive Priority skill. If chosen for this Priority, disable all other skills under _9_.
[  ] Disable other skills except healthcare skills over ___.
[X] Enable the hauling group.
[  ] Also enable [Individual skill dropdown list] if it is at least ___. (Overrides previous setting)
[  ] Exclude dwarves in [Group Dropdown List (such as Has Nickname, Profession, In a Squad, etc)]

[  ] Nickname all dwarves in this priority group _Serf_.

[  ] Military is reserved before this group.

3. Add a checkbox [Re-commit changes every 60 seconds.]

So by using this if/and/or list sort, and repeating it for the groups, highest to lowest, you could tell it stuff like "I always want the best 1 carpenter per workshop, 1 mason per workshop but a minimum of 2 even if the shops get torn down... and always turn off the other skills on those except medical if they have any skill in it... next I want the best 5 farmers, miners and hunters from whoever is left... at this point I want it to sort out every single male dwarf with at least a single point in a combat skill and nickname them "Grunt" and disable all of their skills except healthcare stuff and hunting... and lastly for every dwarf and skill left over I want to have the best 3 workers (ie a minimum) but also to enable anything left in this group that they actually have a skill point in.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 12:18:14 am by Dwarf_Fever »
"Whatever exists, having somehow come into being, is again and again reinterpreted to new ends, taken over, transformed, and redirected by some power superior to it; all events in the organic world are a subduing, a becoming master, and all subduing and becoming master involves a fresh interpretation, an adaptation through which any previous 'meaning' and 'purpose' are necessarily obscured or obliterated."

Kadaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: May 25, 2011, 06:34:06 pm »

Oh! no, it is checking for INI files.  If it does not recognize the version it will look for and download them from the main site.

if it cannot connect, the last version .6.10 will work with is v0.31.21 graphics + legacy

* it also does version checking though I think in the newest ones.

If you want to download the memory layouts for the new version manually you can get them from here -> http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=328#c2

That worked! THANK YOU! :D
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 192