Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 192

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.12 5/23/12 see first post)  (Read 864246 times)

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.6.10 3/15/11 see first post)
« Reply #645 on: May 26, 2011, 03:05:31 am »

Oh! no, it is checking for INI files.  If it does not recognize the version it will look for and download them from the main site.

if it cannot connect, the last version .6.10 will work with is v0.31.21 graphics + legacy

* it also does version checking though I think in the newest ones.

If you want to download the memory layouts for the new version manually you can get them from here -> http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=328#c2

That worked! THANK YOU! :D

Most welcome, Glad things are working now.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: May 26, 2011, 05:53:25 pm »

OK, so I just got 31.25 after a lengthy sabattical. And picked this up. After dling the formats for .25 I'vef ound that when trying to update dwarves with new skills, it freezes. Could anyone help me? also could windows7 be a problem?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: May 28, 2011, 02:14:16 am »

Hell, DT worked out of the box for me with the newest version with win 7.

Edit: on a side note working means functional, not glitchless... still can't see the dwarves last names, or they are all of the UnkownUnkown family
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 08:22:44 pm by nordak »
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

PFactorial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: May 29, 2011, 11:11:44 am »

How do you install it on Linux? I found a file on DFFD and i tried it. But it doesn't work...

ghalidrim

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: May 29, 2011, 09:14:00 pm »

Alright, I have a semi-working port for OS X up and running, there are some things still not working (mostly the automatic new version scans, I'm working on those), but many people have had success with job reading/writing and profession setting. If you have any issues with the OS X build please let me know, I will continue to work on it and support it as long as I can.

Download from: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=4463

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: May 30, 2011, 04:05:33 pm »

How do you install it on Linux? I found a file on DFFD and i tried it. But it doesn't work...

We need some more info to help. How did you install it, how did you try to run it, did you get any error messages, that sort of stuff.

I think you should only need to extract the files and it should work by just running the executable. For me I ended up copying the executable and etc foder into the same folder and it worked, but I built it from source.

if it is a package(like .rpm) and not an archive (like .tar) you should install it using your package manager. Googling something like install rpm ubuntu (if its an rpm and you are using ubuntu) should get you some good instructions.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 04:09:17 pm by bremarv »
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: June 01, 2011, 01:26:04 pm »

Got a problem where I get Unkown Unkown for the name on all dwarfs. If I show full name I get their first name before the nicks I gave them but still unkown after the nicks.

Kubouch

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 01, 2011, 02:42:28 pm »

Psilobe: Try to run DT when you are see your fortress in DF. I had the same problem when I had run DT when DF wasn't running. When I noticed it with DF running I restarted DT and it was fine.

Lost_Deep

• Bay Watcher
  • Do deep things think the sun is a large lemon?
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 02, 2011, 03:19:11 pm »

So, my fortress received a wave that put my dwarfs up to 36. I realized that I could not easily manage all of them, so I tried Dwarf Therapist. two minutes later I had my idle dwarves down to a third of what they were, and another minute later it was at zero. Thank you, DT is beautiful.
...being rational is not only optional, but is frowned upon.  We hate elves.  We kill for socks.  We sacrifice nobles.  We love kobolds.
...but what does [LAYER_LINKED] actually do?

black overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: June 04, 2011, 07:58:50 am »

it's not working for me. therapist just closes itself few seconds after it loads my dorfs. it's getting annoying now.

this happens when i run the therapist without running df too
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:32:26 am by black overlord »

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 04, 2011, 09:55:12 am »

What do you mean closes itself?

Do you mean it fails with an error or do you mean it just goes byebye?

This sounds like it may be the fault of an oversensitive heuristics on an anti-virus program.

Try disabling your antivirus program and see if it still does it.   If it does not, add DT  to your exceptions, and turn it back on.

black overlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 04, 2011, 10:36:44 am »

i tried running it after closing my web browser because that was the only program still running, it said "no disc" and worked. i don't know what the hell is going on but thanks.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: June 04, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »

I have no idea either, and it concerns me.

I would normally charge for this, but since  you are probably quite a ways away from me....

Have a friend download the CD image from here, or you can do it if your machine seems to do most things ok -> http://www.avg.com/us-en/avg-rescue-cd 

Burn it to a cd, and then boot your computer from it. (you will have to press a key at bootup, usually F10, sometimes escape, and select your CD-rom drive)   Then run a complete virus scan.  I have no proof, but when computers start acting weird, a Pre-Installation environment virus scan is always in the cards.

The "no disk" error is most troubling, because it probably means your machine tried to access a CD-rom drive or a card reader slot for no reason.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 12:07:40 pm by profit »

eddyg86

• Bay Watcher
  • b.marley 'donsit on ur pride -just get hiiidodobdo
    • View Profile
    • grimmwold - rp server i play dwarf called Blig - uo
« Reply #658 on: June 05, 2011, 08:07:54 am »

blessed be - man i almost gave up DF cos of that bloody labor menu. this changes the game.
my fortress is full of kitties

PFactorial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 05, 2011, 10:02:40 pm »

We need some more info to help. How did you install it, how did you try to run it, did you get any error messages, that sort of stuff.

I think you should only need to extract the files and it should work by just running the executable. For me I ended up copying the executable and etc foder into the same folder and it worked, but I built it from source.

if it is a package(like .rpm) and not an archive (like .tar) you should install it using your package manager. Googling something like install rpm ubuntu (if its an rpm and you are using ubuntu) should get you some good instructions.
Okay, so I used puppy linux and extracted the .tar.bz2 file to a folder. But after I click the execute button, nothing happens.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 192