Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30623 times)

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2010, 01:13:03 am »

._.

Mathematicians everywhere recommend pot and benzedrine.  Apparently.

Spoiler: enlightenment (click to show/hide)

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2010, 11:09:17 am »

AS FOR ENHANCING DRUGS: I wouldn't recommend it, at least not for myself.

I take note of the fact that I can do stupid things without hallucinogens, I don't need the help.

Wait... so you'll object to that, but you won't object to my vote? You have no problem with me thinking you're obviously scum? ...oookay. >.>

because i may be not obvously scum but just a real mafia begginer or brain dead?

Well for someone who claims to dislike having unorganized replies, you sure have a huge lack of punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.  Which leads me to believe that you edited out scummy sentences from your post.  This mixed with your lack of scum-hunting, posts (I only have two-three hours that I can even access a computer, yet I have posted at least once each day, with all my thoughts), and general lack of attempt to even defend yourself from the more incriminating questions, has lead me to believe you are currently top scum, and despite someone could spew this as band-waggoning, I wholly believe you are the top scum at the moment,

That's because im not english, i had to learn it thus making more mistakes than the English people.

Jetsquirrel:How many mafia games have you played?
Where you scum or town in them, if you played any?
Do you even bother giving thought to asking any questions?  Because if not, you should really ask for a replacement, even if you are scum and trying to hide low, not bothering to give ten minutes to reading the posts (and this has been a quite game) is not very acceptable.
Why do you often log on, yet almost never post, can you explain why you can't pick away at the thread while you log on?
Why did you almost copy SirBayer's line of If I'm your first pick, why aren't you voting me? , have you not read his posts?

i played in 1 game (wizard duel 1) where i screwed up at the end badly, Town (Grey wizard), Il try really! , because while i log on i go to the RTD thing place a quick action and leave.. and sometimes i'm just afk at the forums, i did?

Jetsquirrel is number one; he's voting for an easy lynch, editing his posts and generally being uncooperative. I put a vote on him and he had a fit about it; What I got out of his answers were essentially "I'm not going to vote for who I suspect until I can ensure a lynch, so I'll just vote an easy lynch". Jet, if you disagree with that assessment, please tell me. I mean, voting USEC wouldn't be bad specifically- but he has another suspect clearly- and is not doing to the foot work to pursue him.

nothing i can answer against.

and finally where is Usec?

See, this sounds more... townie. New, but townie. More like what I was looking for. Good work, gentlemen, you broke JetSquirrel, and it looks to me like he broke town.

Now if only Akigagak would show back up. Tack, prod please. It's been a day or two now.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2010, 12:21:49 pm »

Good work, gentlemen, you broke JetSquirrel, and it looks to me like he broke town.

How did i break town? and how did you break me (in what way specificly and i know not literally by breaking me)

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2010, 12:50:39 pm »

Sorry for the missing... day I guess. Filming happened.

I'll read over the new pages, get back with a post soon-ish. Though D&D starts soon, and I don't know if I'll be done by then.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Azure Sepulchre

• Bay Watcher
  • Y'all have knocked her up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2010, 04:13:01 pm »

Azure:Why would you leave out SirBayer and Akigagak, even though they are fighting each other actively, there's almost always something to ask, and asking every-one but them seems, odd.

Because, by comparison, everyone else is being more or less ignored. I also couldn't think of anything to ask either of them that they haven't asked each other already. Nothing that had the potential to drop a scum-tell, at the last. However, I'll see what I can do.

Bayer: How does Jetsquirrel come across as town to you? A town newbie, I think, would vociferously deny any allegations put towards him until the bitter end (or at least that's what I did when I was a brand new), whereas Jetsquirrel appears passive. I mean, hell, he was presented with evidence that he was scum, and he just said 'nothing I can answer to'! He's trying even less to defend himself than USEC did!

Smells like broken scum that's given up on fighting back to me.

Akigagak:

I haven't attacked the other people I think are scum (Jet, USEC), because everyone else has done that already, and I'm waiting for answers to those arguments before I make my own.

I don't understand; you don't attack people you actually think are scum because other people do, too? When you should know that adding your own name to the weight pressing down on someone else - not to mention another pair of eyes searching for scum-tells - can always be of benefit? That's lazy, irresponsible, and makes little in the way of sense. Please, elaborate on your reasoning until - or if - you can reverse the latter remark. You'll have to work fast, though. I think day ends in about 5 and a half hours.

Azure I suspect you lastly, and to be honest, its mostly because I am not entirely sure about you. The last few games I've been in, it was the person I had the fuzziest notions of that turned out to be scum. Its not a wonderful reason, I admit, but it is the reason I have thus far. If I had a better picture of you, methinks I'd not suspect you- unless you pulled a Jetsquirrel or USEC.

Hmm... I'm highly interested in what gives you this notion. Is it simply because you have read little of my posts, or do I have some kind of enigmatic air about myself? Also:

Spoiler: enlightenment (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  silliness (click to show/hide)

I lol'd pretty hard. XD

There's a couple other things I need to ask and a few things I have to answer still, but I'm hungry and I have a birthday to get to, so ciao until day 2... unless we want another extension?

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2010, 05:15:13 pm »

Kilakan, may as I ask, how do you read me? In fact, I'd be interested to hear anyone's criticism of me, as it has remained seemingly lacking, thus far in the debate.
Well you seem a bit too lax Watson, as if you are high 24/7, and with the current mention of drugs, well I belive you need an intervention.  Now to seriously answer the question, you have very little scummy about you, and you seem to me to be simply a new player who is reading guides and trying to be of help, while also attempting to learn as much as possible.  Due to this newness of your's you are completely relaxed in the game and simply rolling with the punches, as opposed to a more vetran player who could become paranoid from the questions and discussions and start lashing out, or asking huge amounts of un-related questions.  This is a good trait in a player, and so far you have been of much help.  Hopefully you make some great revelations about the other players and are able to lynch the scum.
I shall be back later, I must go to the tobacco store, I shall post the questions when I get back. (haha)
Nom nom nom

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2010, 07:23:17 pm »

Day ends in Half an hour.
I've gotten 2 votes for an extension.

ein -
Azure Sepulchre - USEC_OFFICER (1)
Jetsquirrel - TheBroodyMoods, Azure Sepulchre, kilakan (3)
Akagigak - SirBayer (1)
USEC_OFFICER - Jetsquirrel, Spade (2)
Spade -
SirBayer - Akigigak (1)
TheBroodyMoods -
kilakan -
Not Voting: ein (Not Active).
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:25:54 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Day One][Replacement Needed]
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2010, 07:47:47 pm »

Extension.

I need more time, sorry people.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2010, 07:49:30 pm »

And I'd just written it.

Ok. Day ends 10:00 Friday.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2010, 08:07:34 pm »

Woah woah, I don't need a whole week of time.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2010, 08:08:30 pm »

And I'd just written it.

Ok. Day ends 10:00 Friday.

Which Friday?  Are you giving a 4-hour extension, or a weeklong one?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2010, 08:35:08 pm »

Unvote Jetsquirrel
Vote Usec
Well thank god for the extension, I meant to do this in my last post, jet-squirrel seems to me to be simply a broken townie now, and there's no point in taking him out when USEC doesn't even come on any more, and he is my runner-up scum.  Also if that is only a 4 hour extension....
extension
Nom nom nom

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:18 pm »

Heh. A 12 hour extension.

Sorry, It's saturday here, so I figured it was american friday. Other than that, I'm going off the forumclock.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2010, 09:01:59 pm »

You have to remember that it is still American Friday, but it's also later in the day.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2010, 09:49:03 pm »

Heh. A 12 hour extension.

Sorry, It's saturday here, so I figured it was american friday. Other than that, I'm going off the forumclock.
First of all, three people asked for an extension. My belief is that anyone asking for an extension should be given one. If the other players find this unacceptable, they can shorten, canceling out 1-to-1.
Second, twelve hours is not an extension. Give them at least two days, and that's not including weekends.
Third, this is a beginner's game. There's no need to be overly anti-town in regards to the Day game. The scum are learning just as much as the town are during the Day, so springing Day's end on them is bad, especially when three people asked for an extension.
Lastly, be more specific with time. If you're going off a time zone, say it. If you're doing something in so many hours, say that. Don't only say a time because there are several time zones out there.

Just saying. Beginners need more time, and they should have it.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17