Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Done]  (Read 30640 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia XVI [Replacement Needed]
« Reply #105 on: September 23, 2010, 03:16:49 pm »

Well that was more suspicious then anything I've ever seen.......

So, just had a quick browse through all your posts and noticed something interesting; you haven't voted once. Nope, not once. Not even during the proper RVS. Oh, sure, you've suspected plenty, but you've never made a proper move on anyone. I'm inclined not to look into this too deeply for much the same reason Broody avoided targeting my own almost lackadaisic approach to voting, but I'm still wondering what it is you're waiting for.
Well honestly I've been rather tied in my suspicions for the game so far, and I didn't feel like vote/unvoting everytime someone new posts, and I don't feel like killing off the entire town in a random, pull the gun on anyone who twitches, type play mode.

But but i get a urge to edit posts when shit happens! But really il try to not edit any posts
but what is better? this?

or this? because if i didn;t edit that it would ike look that
i edited it because i accidently made a lot of Blank space under my post and it was kind of annoying to read
I don't have always time to read this mafia game and post some answer to this. I'm not getting him of the hook, im trying to follow that guide on page 2. But Sirbayer did make a lot of suspicion around me as he keeps telling that im scum. I will switch to him eventually but for now i'm focusing at USEC for his suicidal attitude.
Well for someone who claims to dislike having unorganized replies, you sure have a huge lack of punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.  Which leads me to believe that you edited out scummy sentences from your post.  This mixed with your lack of scum-hunting, posts (I only have two-three hours that I can even access a computer, yet I have posted at least once each day, with all my thoughts), and general lack of attempt to even defend yourself from the more incriminating questions, has lead me to believe you are currently top scum, and despite someone could spew this as band-waggoning, I wholly believe you are the top scum at the moment, so:
Vote Jetsquirrel
now to the questions:
Azure:Why would you leave out SirBayer and Akigagak, even though they are fighting each other actively, there's almost always something to ask, and asking every-one but them seems, odd.?

Jetsquirrel:How many mafia games have you played?
Where you scum or town in them, if you played any?
Do you even bother giving thought to asking any questions?  Because if not, you should really ask for a replacement, even if you are scum and trying to hide low, not bothering to give ten minutes to reading the posts (and this has been a quite game) is not very acceptable.
Why do you often log on, yet almost never post, can you explain why you can't pick away at the thread while you log on?
Why did you almost copy SirBayer's line of If I'm your first pick, why aren't you voting me? , have you not read his posts?

SpadeYou have been awfully quite since the vote got off of you, do you not have questions for people?  What are your thoughts on the current situation?

UsecAre you still alive, or have yo completely given up your defense?

EinYou are online, yet not posting, are you a lurker? (joke question mainly, I really don't expect a response at the moment, though a sudden appearance would be nice.)

Nom nom nom

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 23, 2010, 03:37:52 pm »

Spade: Dude, you're still defending him no matter what you say. And hell, even if you really weren't trying to, you must have some reason for posting that - considering that an actually impartial observer wouldn't deign to say anything. So, why did you defend Aki? Or, if you still insist you weren't really defending him, why did you bother posting that?

Again, I don't want to defend anybody. I was just saying that lots of people make the mistake. I'm not saying any of Sir's arguments didn't mean something, just that that one might not be the best. I guess also a warning to anyone who skipped over Sir's original post.

SpadeYou have been awfully quite since the vote got off of you, do you not have questions for people?  What are your thoughts on the current situation?
Which vote?
I also already said my thoughts were that USEC and Jet were scum. They both seem like they're pulling the same act of saying "VOTE ME!" to make it look like they're town. What am I supposed to say? Almost no one has said anything about me until now.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
  • Slayer of men; Slayer of /hench/ men
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 23, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »

Azure, it took you a while to settle your vote, though I wouldn't begrudge you for it. I mean, hell, look at me! Frankly, I need to read over your stuff more; You seem to dismiss a lot of allegations as hog-wash. I'll get back to you when I've got more time.

It's not like I dismissed them out of hand, which you seem to be strongly implying. =/

I have provided reasons; which I presume make sense, considering you haven't called me on anything specific aside from an impression of aloofness - although I suppose you did say you needed read over my stuff, so... eh. I must say, though; I am inclined to agree with Zako's impression of your playing style. You provide a fairly sharp contrast to Bayer's methods. I wonder which will prove better..?

Broody: I can understand you having four primary FOS's, but I highly doubt you feel the same way about all four. And besides, there can be only two, no matter how suspect everyone in the game seems. So which two do you find the most scummy out of those four?

I am a chill player, but I think that's mostly because I am not a very well versed one: SirBayer's method I think will likely prove much more effective than my own, though his method is abrasive. I'd like to think that I help people by trying to present questions in a more palatable way, rather than aggressively demanding an answer.

As for my suspicions well, yeah, I need to organize them:

Jetsquirrel is number one; he's voting for an easy lynch, editing his posts and generally being uncooperative. I put a vote on him and he had a fit about it; What I got out of his answers were essentially "I'm not going to vote for who I suspect until I can ensure a lynch, so I'll just vote an easy lynch". Jet, if you disagree with that assessment, please tell me. I mean, voting USEC wouldn't be bad specifically- but he has another suspect clearly- and is not doing to the foot work to pursue him.

USEC and Akigagak are currently American Gladiator fighting for my number two spot: USEC has done a lot more to arouse my suspicion: He's thrown himself to the mercy of the court, essentially, and has made very little attempt to go into his "Curse you all" mode and try to raise debate- he's also done very little to substantiate his vote on Azure: I would like to see more activity out of him.

Akigagak has, again, been a little skittish about posting and put a lot of effort into the spat with SirBayer- but little else. I think that spat served as good cover for him, but he's yet to weigh in on the Jetsquirrel issue. Even though he suspects Jetsquirrel, part of his reason for snapping at SirBayer was because of Sirbayer's hounding (some might say abusively hounding) Jetsquirrel for tells. For somebody going through a bunch of other games, it seems a bit odd to stop everything and vote/argue at length with SirBayer about how he treats a scummy looking player. I should go over their arguments again, however.

Azure I suspect you lastly, and to be honest, its mostly because I am not entirely sure about you. The last few games I've been in, it was the person I had the fuzziest notions of that turned out to be scum. Its not a wonderful reason, I admit, but it is the reason I have thus far. If I had a better picture of you, methinks I'd not suspect you- unless you pulled a Jetsquirrel or USEC.

I've not much more to say.

Spade:
I also already said my thoughts were that USEC and Jet were scum. They both seem like they're pulling the same act of saying "VOTE ME!" to make it look like they're town. What am I supposed to say? Almost no one has said anything about me until now.

When did Jetsquirrel roll over: Do you mean he's figuratively saying "Vote me" or like USEC saying "vote me"?

You're a fairly consistent poster- but if your posts had more meat on the bone, you'd probably be much more effective scum hunter.

Hypothetical here: Let's say Jetsquirrel get's the noose, and he comes back Town, how would that change people's opinions?

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 23, 2010, 04:10:53 pm »

When did Jetsquirrel roll over: Do you mean he's figuratively saying "Vote me" or like USEC saying "vote me"?

You're a fairly consistent poster- but if your posts had more meat on the bone, you'd probably be much more effective scum hunter.

Hypothetical here: Let's say Jetsquirrel get's the noose, and he comes back Town, how would that change people's opinions?

More figuratively. Either he doesn't know what he's doing well enough, or it's a poor scum disguise.
I'm also not a fan of long-worded posts, which is why I don't think I'll fit in well at the bigger games.
If Jet's not scum... I don't know yet. It'll depend on the if.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 23, 2010, 07:10:14 pm »

Azure:Why would you leave out SirBayer and Akigagak, even though they are fighting each other actively, there's almost always something to ask, and asking every-one but them seems, odd.?

Why didn't YOU ask me something then?

Wonder where Akigagak is? Extension, don't want him missing the fun!
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 23, 2010, 07:14:12 pm »

Just a bit of my own advice from an outsider:

Being aggressive, which Bayer is doing, is generally a towny thing to do. Scum want to LOOK aggressive but actually want to make town question each other. Perhaps you should question the logic behind the aggressiveness behind an attack, or even the lack of it.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 23, 2010, 07:29:07 pm »

Why didn't YOU ask me something then?

Wonder where Akigagak is? Extension, don't want him missing the fun!
Well he specifically made a point of saying that he wouldn't bother asking either of you questions since you seemed to be busy with each-other, where as last time I asked questions before that I did ask you questions, and each time before that.

Broody:I would rather like to know what you think about me currently, you went through everyone else in your post, how about me, what are your takes on who I am?
 To respond to your question about Jet, which I think we should all answer, I personally think that it wouldn't affect the game hugely if he was town, due to his lack of help in hunting, and if he's gone, that's one less person we need to think about.  On the other hand, he may very well come around and be of some help, however I shall be interested in seeing who comes up dead night one, which should tell us alot about the scum, since we all seem to be targeting groups of people, and whoever dies, may be someone who targeted the sum at some point.  Of course they may read this and use the kill to distract everyone......... so basically I just talked myself in a circle.  I'm going to bed before I go crazy.
Nom nom nom

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 23, 2010, 09:10:58 pm »

Broody:I would rather like to know what you think about me currently, you went through everyone else in your post, how about me, what are your takes on who I am?

Well, frankly, you're a mystery. For whatever reason, you post a couple times a day, at most, and seem to arouse no suspicion. Try as I might, any time I look over a post I just imagine your sucking on the end of a pipe, and occasionally blowing smoke rings, saying "Yes, I see".

Spoiler:  silliness (click to show/hide)

That all being said, I find your calm demeanor unsettling; Frankly, I'd be interested to see some pressure put on you. I still, however, find your posts rather good, but lacking in assessments of all parties involved- you make jabs at certain people, and allude to suspicion of unmentioned parties.

Kilakan, may as I ask, how do you read me? In fact, I'd be interested to hear anyone's criticism of me, as it has remained seemingly lacking, thus far in the debate.

Also; is it against the rules to take performance enhancing drugs during mafia- because I've been doping for the last couple days. Insights, man. I has 'em.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 23, 2010, 10:53:45 pm »

Uhhhh

No, drug-use is not against the rules, but I can't say I suggest it, either.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 23, 2010, 11:04:26 pm »

EinYou are online, yet not posting, are you a lurker? (joke question mainly, I really don't expect a response at the moment, though a sudden appearance would be nice.)
Bam! Appearance!
EXEUNT EIN

TheBroodyMoods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2010, 11:30:18 pm »

Uhhhh

No, drug-use is not against the rules, but I can't say I suggest it, either.

Awesome; I bet acid will make me awesome at this game- and an even better roommate!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 23, 2010, 11:33:01 pm »

Awesome; I bet acid will make me awesome at this game- and an even better roommate!

._.

Mathematicians everywhere recommend pot and benzedrine.  Apparently.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 23, 2010, 11:49:11 pm »

Wh- How do you know this!?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:35 am »

Wh- How do you know this!?

Diverse sources; I read a bunch of mathematical biographies/autobiographies at one point.

I suggest The Man Who Loved Only Numbers and A Mathematician's Apology, though some other good ones are out there.

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 24, 2010, 12:57:24 am »

Wait... so you'll object to that, but you won't object to my vote? You have no problem with me thinking you're obviously scum? ...oookay. >.>

because i may be not obvously scum but just a real mafia begginer or brain dead?

Well for someone who claims to dislike having unorganized replies, you sure have a huge lack of punctuation, spelling, and capitalization.  Which leads me to believe that you edited out scummy sentences from your post.  This mixed with your lack of scum-hunting, posts (I only have two-three hours that I can even access a computer, yet I have posted at least once each day, with all my thoughts), and general lack of attempt to even defend yourself from the more incriminating questions, has lead me to believe you are currently top scum, and despite someone could spew this as band-waggoning, I wholly believe you are the top scum at the moment,

That's because im not english, i had to learn it thus making more mistakes than the English people.

Jetsquirrel:How many mafia games have you played?
Where you scum or town in them, if you played any?
Do you even bother giving thought to asking any questions?  Because if not, you should really ask for a replacement, even if you are scum and trying to hide low, not bothering to give ten minutes to reading the posts (and this has been a quite game) is not very acceptable.
Why do you often log on, yet almost never post, can you explain why you can't pick away at the thread while you log on?
Why did you almost copy SirBayer's line of If I'm your first pick, why aren't you voting me? , have you not read his posts?

i played in 1 game (wizard duel 1) where i screwed up at the end badly, Town (Grey wizard), Il try really! , because while i log on i go to the RTD thing place a quick action and leave.. and sometimes i'm just afk at the forums, i did?

Jetsquirrel is number one; he's voting for an easy lynch, editing his posts and generally being uncooperative. I put a vote on him and he had a fit about it; What I got out of his answers were essentially "I'm not going to vote for who I suspect until I can ensure a lynch, so I'll just vote an easy lynch". Jet, if you disagree with that assessment, please tell me. I mean, voting USEC wouldn't be bad specifically- but he has another suspect clearly- and is not doing to the foot work to pursue him.

nothing i can answer against.

and finally where is Usec?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17