Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Minor addition to jewelers workshop: Price and number of gem.  (Read 860 times)

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minor addition to jewelers workshop: Price and number of gem.
« on: September 19, 2010, 04:56:04 pm »

I'd like that when selecting which gems are used for decorating/encrusting or cutting, I could see the gems price.That way I could have my lower level dwarfs apprentices work on trade goods with cheap gems to learn the trade, and have my high skilled dwarfs make the fancy decorative items I like to have.
It is pretty easy to remember the expensive ones (diamonds, rubys, emeralds, sapphires), but the low value and mid value ones are harder. I'd like to be able to see the values of the gems after the name, (and perhaps how many there are those gems if I'm creating multiple similar items.)
If you are a goblin, you know you joined the wrong siege when the grates come down and bridge raises behind you, trapping you inside.

hvlkn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minor addition to jewelers workshop: Price and number of gem.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 04:58:14 pm »

Introducing Notepad! (or alternative crappy text editing program)

And if you even more lazy: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Gems

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »

I know the wiki, but the list of names is rather long. I also tend to buy a lot of gems, and use them a lot, so I would have to constantly check for them.

A side note, BTW: Is there some logic in what order the gems appear in th jewelers workshop list?
If you are a goblin, you know you joined the wrong siege when the grates come down and bridge raises behind you, trapping you inside.

hvlkn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 05:13:37 pm »

I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain that emeralds and diamonds kept on appearing at the top of the list...

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »

I know the wiki, but the list of names is rather long. I also tend to buy a lot of gems, and use them a lot, so I would have to constantly check for them.

A side note, BTW: Is there some logic in what order the gems appear in th jewelers workshop list?
I always thought it was the order you get them in, but I did notice glass was always the bottom of mine. So I don't know.
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz

LordDemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2010, 06:49:07 am »

I would thinking if it is based on the distance of nearest gem to the jewelers shop, but I didn't seem to get that to work when I tried it once.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

TheyTarget

• Bay Watcher
  • Memento Mori
    • View Profile
Code: [Select]
This is a platinum warhammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. it menaces with spikes of platinum.
there is an image of the goblin Utes Gozrusrozsnus and dwarves in elf bone. The goblin is making a plaintive gesture. the dwarves are striking a menacing pose.
this image relates to the slaying of Utes Gozrusroz