Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)  (Read 33540 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile
Re: Explorer - A Minecraft Alpha LP(tons of images!)
« Reply #135 on: October 08, 2010, 05:17:19 pm »

Just to boost your ego; damn, I love your LP.
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2010, 06:34:40 am »

Day 18

Dear diary;

Last time I put you down, a strong wind took me and I fell of the tower. I think I broke my neck when I hit the ground. Shortly after, I woke up close to where I had fell... the same place I was revived the first time I died, and... the place where I first woke up? It seems like there's a specific point I always am brought to. Good thing I put my home here, so I come back to life in a safe place, and not surrounded by zombies. Wait... are they the type of zombies made by a virus? Oh man. Suddenly they became a lot scarier.

I guess I should get back on track. I picked up all my thing again and looked up towards the sky. Now, night and day only matters to me for three reasons: beauty, visibility and safety.

I delved down into the mines and started making a new tunnel.

I didn't find much, only some coal and a little redstone.

I found Mr. Magma again, of course. This is his domain; it's only to be expected.

Curious, I digged up and around where I had found the magma, and dug through to find a magma chamber. The air was scorching hot, and came as an opposite extreme of the cold mine air.

Still, I pressed on through the chamber, avoiding the magma as I went. Because I had caught a glimpse of some very interesting mineral in the wall: more diamonds.

...there was some coal too, but coal isn't too noteworthy, really.

I kept digging in an attempt to find the entire magma lake, some of it was blocked off by stone walls that almost reached down to the magma. I was curious if there was more ore, or even another section of the cavern beyond it.

I didn't find anything though, so I returned to my main tunnel.

I found even more diamonds, and another magma pocket.

Funny enough, this was another section of the previous cavern. I didn't do my job good enough, I guess.

I found a bit of iron in this cavern. Not much else, though.

What really made me remember this was that I tripped and accidentally went in the lava for a moment. I instantaneously combusted.
I did my best efforts to think rationally. I hurried back to the cavern, so that all my belongings would be spared.

This was the third time I've died. Outside, at my revival point, the sun was hanging high in the sky. I wonder. Will I ever get used to dying?

Delving back into the mines, I saw my plan had worked. All of my stash was lying on the ground, and not utterly destroyed by molten stone.

You'd think one would learn from one's mistakes, but I went back into the cavern. There was more iron to be mined there.

After this, I continued mining in the main tunnel again.

For the third time I found magma, but this time I let it be. I did not feel like getting my body incinerated again, and even the hot air inside the cavern can make you die of dehydration.

I decided to go back to the surface, but on my way, I found something I did not want to see. A monster in the mines. It was different, though; this one was covered in green-white fur, had four legs, and it's eyes and mouth was completely black. Oh, the face... it was bent in a horrific, sad manner; it looked as if it was in suffering.

As I approached it, intending to kill, I heard a noise, like that one of a fuse... the monster started to glow, and I ran away out of fear. Seconds later, it exploded! Stone was blown from the walls, and a shockwave went through the air and threw me to the ground. That thing was a walking bomb.

I didn't feel safe in the mines anymore. With haste, I hurried up to the surface.

I'd go straight up to the tower, but I had to update the calendar. I'm not going to lose track of time. It may... it may help me keep my sanity. Together with you, diary. To express my thoughts, and make sense of them. Give me an emotional outlet. I'm all alone out here. Like a rubber duck, you're my only source of interaction, in a sense. Now, I wonder... maybe there are other people here? Could I not be alone? Who knows... but if there are people here, or even a single person, that's more valuable than anything I may find here. Until then, I have to find comfort in solitude.

Now, as I write this entry, up in my high home, the sun is rising. Day 19. It's time for me to go back to work. But what work? I don't know... I don't feel comfortable in the mines anymore. Maybe I'll build. Expand my home? That could be nice... instead of just a platform, I could have a multistory house. I'm gonna have to think about this, diary.

See you later.

OOC: What would you like me to do?
==>_
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 04:19:26 pm by Dwarf Midget »
EoS company name: Vikings Inc.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2010, 07:45:23 pm »

Hooray for deaths being a minor inconvenience. Make Diamond EVERYTHING if you already haven't. Make your tower diamond.
Hello Hunam

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2010, 07:54:14 pm »

Minecarts/tracks. And more importantly, replace your diamond pick.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 09, 2010, 08:01:40 pm »

Make a bigger house. Also you seem to be getting accustomed to death...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 09, 2010, 08:10:54 pm »

Convert your old home into a control room later, rig the entire island to explode and put the levels in the room. If possible use a single lever. If you do it correctly, everything but the control room should become a smoldering mass. Laugh maniacally to yourself and jump into the void.
Hello Hunam

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 09, 2010, 09:01:14 pm »

Convert your old home into a control room later, rig the entire island to explode and put the levels in the room. If possible use a single lever. If you do it correctly, everything but the control room should become a smoldering mass. Laugh maniacally to yourself and jump into the void.

You'd need a lot of gunpowder...

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2010, 03:07:14 am »

Make a new pick and start building a minetrack to go up and down the tower.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2010, 03:32:15 am »

Make a new pick and start building a minetrack to go up and down the tower.
Actually, I did make 2 of them. One's in the chest.

Also, I'll go mine for more iron after I've expanded the house. As in, probably Tuesday/Wednesday.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2010, 03:47:23 am »

Nice. By the way, awesome LP.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2010, 04:04:12 am »

Nice. By the way, awesome LP.
Kthx :3

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:55 am »

Day 19

Dear diary;

I decided to renovate my home today; starting with expanding the tower floor yet again.

It didn't take too long.

The second task was to create another floor, below the first one.

I made it match the top floor, and raised walls that made the floor a room.

It was a bit dark and boring, what with the bland stone walls and no light.

So I put up a couple of torches and put windows all around the room, bunker-style.

I remembered that I had some iron ore to smelt, so I went up and fired up the ovens. In the meantime, I made myself some more torches.

The new room didn't look too good; sure, it had a great view and lighting, but it felt so bland and empty.

I made myself some new tools using the diamond I had found, thinking about what could spice the room up a bit.

I kept thinking about it when I went down to update the calendar.

I kept thinking about it when I looked up at my newly expanded home.

And finally; when I took a look at my old cave, I realized what it was missing.

I climbed up to my storage chest, grabbed some stone tiles, glass, and made a wooden door.

The room was much better now. It had a smooth stone floor, and glass in the windows.

Sure, the tiles put the windows closer to the floor, but this made it easier to look at the ground.

And with that in mind, I came up with another idea: an observation floor, made of glass.

I could look at the ground, from all angles, without falling!

As a final detail to the tower I improved the entrance and put a door in it. I think this is enough home improvements for this time.
The sun had already rised, so it was about time I wrote the entry for today. I guess I'll have to go back to the mines and mine even more. I just hope there won't be any monsters.

See you later.

OOC: A non-delayed update that's not posted in the evening? Preposterous!
Anyway, my home is a bit more awesome now. I'm gonna go down in the mines tomorrow, and see if I can't find any more of that stupid iron. It's so rare...
breadbocks fixed this post's image links, thanks man!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 01:26:25 pm by Dwarf Midget »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 11, 2010, 10:44:55 am »

Yep, time to go find some iron.

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 12, 2010, 02:54:20 pm »

Day 20

Dear diary;

I grabbed my second diamond pickaxe, and went down in the mines. Today was mining day.

A bit nervous, I looked around me. No monsters were to be seen. That green thing really got me on my toes.

I started digging a new tunnel.

Shortly after, my pick broke. Just as I expected. Good thing I thought beforehand and brought another one.

I found a few iron veins, but there was little iron in each of them. Imagine if I could make iron out of stone. I'd have more than I'll ever need.

I also found a lot of coal. Not that I'm in need of any more.

And of course, I found the obligatory magma. I'm so tired of it, it always gets in the way. And sometimes kills me, of course.

Curious as I am, I dug around the magma and explored the chamber, looking for ore.

The only thing I could find was a bit of redstone in the ceiling, above the magma. It was way too hard to get to.

However, the magma I had found didn't come from this chamber.

I dug another way around, this time on the other side.

I thought I heard footsteps. I turned around, diamond sword raised. No one was there. I didn't know where the sound came from, but it made me a bit squeamish.

I found out that the magma I had seen was the only magma there was. Tiniest bit of magma I've seen.

I did find another chamber close by, though.

This chamber lead to a cavern.

It had a bit of iron and coal. Not much else.

And guess what, this section lead to another section.

Luckily there were no monsters in either of the sections.

With a bit of digging, I managed to find more of the cavern, blocked of by a wall of gravel.

It split into multiple directions, each of them not going too far.

There were ore veins everywhere.

I hummed a happy tune while mining it all.

Once, I thought I uncovered another cavern.

But it was just so dark I couldn't see anything. I don't have a very good night vision.

Then, once I was done, I heard the footsteps again. They were creeping me out, always afraid a monster might pop around the corner.

I didn't find a single one, but the footsteps were haunting me.

I needed a break to psyche myself up again, so I went back to the surface. It was already another day outside.

I updated the calendar to Day 20. Though, in retrospect, I should have just went straight for Day 21. I'll get to that right after finishing this entry.

I climbed up to my home and started smelting the iron. It's happening as I write.
Now, since I have some iron, I wonder what I'm going to do tomorrow. Put it to use? Mine even more? I might have to go for the latter. I have an idea in my head, and it'll take quite a bit of iron. Though I guess I can start experimenting, have myself a little fun... anyway, I think my iron is ready to be made into bars. More writing tomorrow.

See you later.

OOC: I've started writing this in OpenOffice, so I won't lose all my work if I accidentally quit the page or something, and so I won't get distracted by all the tabs I have open in Firefox.
Hopefully today's update will be done soon(2 hour-ish).
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 01:18:28 pm by Dwarf Midget »

Frajic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 13, 2010, 02:42:40 pm »

Day 21

Dear diary;

Pop quiz. What did I make today?

Tip 1: It's made out of iron tracks.

Tip 2: It goes up around the tower.

Tip 3: You need a cart with wheels to use it.

Tip 4: I accidentally fell down and died when I tried using it.
Alright, that's enough tips. You probably know what it is by now anyway. What I spent the last day and night making was:

A mine cart track! I'm going to use it to get down from the tower faster. And more fun. It's not finished though; I need some more iron to make more tracks. It's one hell of a lot of fun riding the thing, though.

And again, the sun rised before I could get the day's journal entry done.

I updated the calendar to Day 21. Though, since that day had already passed...

I went ahead and made it Day 22.

Looking up my now slightly entangled tower, I wished I could ride the cart upwards. I don't have any propulsion besides gravity, though; so it'll have to wait. Maybe I can make a steam engine or something.

Right now I'm sitting up in the tower, in front of the work bench. I'm urging for some iron, so I can finish the tracks, and maybe experiment with the steam engine idea. Since I already know the idea and concept, it hopefully won't take too long. Maybe a few days.

See you later.

OOC: Mine carts ahoy!
Thanks to ZaZ for fixing these image links!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 01:17:56 am by Dwarf Midget »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16