Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Black and White game is out, and here are the pokes  (Read 7742 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Black and White pokemon are out
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2010, 12:06:27 am »

About half are passable, about half plunge to new lows of monster design. Zuruzukin and Maggyo look like the worst offenders in my opinion. Also, there are a LOT of (pseudo/)legendary looking pokemon. Still, it'll doubtlessly end up in my collection, at least eventually.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2010, 12:08:13 am »

I actually don't like the new movement towards menacingness in the Legendaries that they started in Emerald... Groudon and Rayquaza actually looked fearsome, which was weird.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Eek-A-Mouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2010, 12:16:50 am »

Although memories of playing the first two generations are definitely awesome, most of these pokemon look decent. That being said, wtf is up with icecream-mon and lamp-mon?

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2010, 12:37:52 am »

About half are passable, about half plunge to new lows of monster design. Zuruzukin and Maggyo look like the worst offenders in my opinion. Also, there are a LOT of (pseudo/)legendary looking pokemon. Still, it'll doubtlessly end up in my collection, at least eventually.
Dont even make bad jokes.
Zuruzukin is the most fucking awesome pokemon.
Everybody just stop posting and go and look at #560.

Just go. Go look at its glory. I am going to buy this game just becuase that pokemon exists.

#512 is also awesome. I dont even care about the rest of them. Some look ok but whatever.

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2010, 12:39:50 am »

And I thought it was just roguelike players that hated change and new things. The series has been around for more than a decade now. You can't honestly expect them to be using the same 151 they had in the beginning?
What would be wrong with that? :P They can do plenty with what's been made already, they don't really need to keep coming out with new ones. The only reason that that's an expectation is that they keep doing it. I personally love change and new things, but not when the changes are IMHO arbitrary, repetitive, and unaesthetic.
You don't have to like any of the new Pokemon, but you sure as hell don't have any right to call them not Pokemon.
Pokemon are not pokemon! There I just that thing you said. AMERICA!
Crystal is definitely a word.
I just don't know :( It came out of my keyboard of its own volition.

And now I'm done.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2010, 12:56:04 am »

Ninja Otter is going to crack some skulls ON HIS ADORABLE TUMMY.

This almost makes up for the fact that this guy starts off looking like a mentally handicapped baby snowman... and the 3rd form is worse in an entirely different way.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2010, 01:02:34 am »

Yeah the otter is the best one, I just dont like the idea of having to button mash for the rest of the game to keep him from evolving into a peice of crap.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2010, 01:04:06 am »

Why can they not just live with what they have? I used to be able to name every Pokemon and now I don't even want to admit some of them are Pokemon let alone remember their names! Do they really need a whole new cast of Pokemon every set of games they release, I mean come on. A couple would be fine, like say 10 new Pokemon they could have a legendary, 1 evolution of a previous Pokemon with only 2 stages, 2 sets 2 stage Pokemon, and 2 3 stage Pokemon. If they really need a set of legends so they can 1 to a game seeing as they Must release a set of colors make it 11 with the legend being exclusive...

If they did any of what you are suggesting, we would all bitch that they're milking us for all we're worth every time they release a new game.

At least they put out an effort.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2010, 01:36:30 am »

Ninja Otter is going to crack some skulls ON HIS ADORABLE TUMMY.

Spoiler: Wotter Strikes Back (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2010, 12:44:31 pm »

Yeah.  I'm going to have the same thing I had with the Silver/gold fire starter: I don't like the 3rd evolution.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2010, 12:59:07 pm »

Well, I'm still going to start with the fire-type, even if its a pig. I've always started with the fire-type.

But I might go with the ninja otter in the combo 3rd game (if they make one, which is likely since every gen since crystal has a 3rd), because it looks awesome.

Also, Everstones. unless they aren't in this game, just give one to awesome ninja otter dude and it'll stay put.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2010, 01:09:31 pm »

Dont even make bad jokes.
Zuruzukin is the most fucking awesome pokemon.
Everybody just stop posting and go and look at #560.

Just go. Go look at its glory. I am going to buy this game just becuase that pokemon exists.

#512 is also awesome. I dont even care about the rest of them. Some look ok but whatever.

and #576. Those three will be my team.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2010, 01:20:12 pm »

But I might go with the ninja otter in the combo 3rd game (if they make one, which is likely since every gen since crystal has a 3rd), because it looks awesome.
There's been a 3rd game for the main series of each gen (none for the remakes), including the originals (Yellow).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2010, 01:38:57 pm »

oh yeah, yellow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2010, 03:00:22 pm »

These are going to hit U.S shores at the worst time, because I start high-school next year (yeah, I'm really, really, young).
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6