Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Black and White game is out, and here are the pokes  (Read 7729 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: New Black and White pokemon are out
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2010, 08:53:34 pm »

Fire starter.

Took me a moment to realize you were talking about pokemon. I thought, "Huh, you can start fires now?"
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2010, 02:40:29 am »

Mudkip is displeased by the new Pokemon designs. In fact, that shit's going on his blog.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 02:45:33 am »

Looks like the same style as the last 483, to me.

I actually disagree with Aqizzar a bit about the cartooniness. I found that the first 150 Pokemon looked more cartoony, simply because of the artstyle they were using (and because much of my memory came from the television show). My problem after that was that it was never cartoony enough.

They were perfectly fine in play, though, so I ended up not caring about the nostalgia value anymore.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Hugna

• Bay Watcher
  • Till the Earth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2010, 03:06:19 am »

I hate collecting MORE pokemon. Enough with more generations already!

.....And NO MUDKIPS!

Edit: But seriously though, the new pokemon through and through is just making me a bit... um... well it's hard to explain. I got used to the old pokemon, but these new ones... i'll never get used to.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2010, 04:02:16 am »

I wonder how long the Pokemon franchise will last. I mean, they should run out of colors to use, sooner or later...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Eagleon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2010, 04:12:40 am »

You're forgetting Leaf Green/Fire Red. And Crystal. That's not even a word ffs. I don't know why I said that instead of something that was true but it's making me chuckle. I need sleep.

Nintendo, why not, instead of making shitty new Pokemon, you make a goddamn mmo already. It practically designs itself. Especially if you can play as a pokemons. Then you'd get some messed-up master/pet stuff going, and it'd be a little weird, but you know what?

Bidoof guild.
Agora: open-source, next-gen online discussions with formal outcomes!
Music, Ballpoint
Support 100% Emigration, Everyone Walking Around Confused Forever 2044

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2010, 04:18:59 am »

The pseudolegendary of this gen seems to be a Dark/Dragon hydra of sorts. Also, is it my imagination, or does this gen have more Bug types than normal?

United Forenia Forever!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2010, 06:14:36 am »

yeah way too many anime-human looking pokemon for my tastes.

Me too, I can't help but think Faaaaaanservice!
Funny thing is, A friend of mine pointed out that there is a Pimp and two Hos already in the game...

Here be the Pimp...
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/430.shtml

And his Hos...
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/282.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/428.shtml

Kinda funny considering their poses for the games. Specially the Pimp for the second set he is in, already showing his pimp slapping hand...

And lets not forget the Groping Pokemon, I believe that he was known to Tickle the Female cast of the Anime...
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/424.shtml
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2010, 12:58:42 pm »

The pseudolegendary of this gen seems to be a Dark/Dragon hydra of sorts. Also, is it my imagination, or does this gen have more Bug types than normal?

Maybe this means bug type is going to get buffed for Gen V? :O
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2010, 01:18:25 pm »

The fire/bug has crazy amazing stats, and no fire weakness. So yeah, bugs are getting a nice addition. The steel/bug with high defense is sort of the anti-scizor, and the numbers for the ant's stats are still out, so I dunno bout that.

Also, the dark/dragon kinda just looks like a goth middle school kid. \m/
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2010, 02:12:27 pm »

You're forgetting Leaf Green/Fire Red. And Crystal. That's not even a word ffs. I don't know why I said that instead of something that was true but it's making me chuckle. I need sleep.

Nintendo, why not, instead of making shitty new Pokemon, you make a goddamn mmo already. It practically designs itself. Especially if you can play as a pokemons. Then you'd get some messed-up master/pet stuff going, and it'd be a little weird, but you know what?

Bidoof guild.

Crystal is definitely a word.
Shoes...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2010, 02:17:53 pm »

Yay for lots of new fire types!
I think the ones farther down the list look better.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2010, 10:44:30 pm »

Why can they not just live with what they have? I used to be able to name every Pokemon and now I don't even want to admit some of them are Pokemon let alone remember their names! Do they really need a whole new cast of Pokemon every set of games they release, I mean come on. A couple would be fine, like say 10 new Pokemon they could have a legendary, 1 evolution of a previous Pokemon with only 2 stages, 2 sets 2 stage Pokemon, and 2 3 stage Pokemon. If they really need a set of legends so they can 1 to a game seeing as they Must release a set of colors make it 11 with the legend being exclusive...

I guess my real problem with the new Pokemon is the feel. They just are not Pokemon and I believe probably erroneously that if they made less the few they make would be more like the original set. I just want my Pokemon to look like Pokemon! Is that to much to ask?!?!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 10:46:30 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2010, 11:57:36 pm »

'Pokemon' being entirely defined by 'if it's in the game, then it's a Pokemon', naturally. They've had largely the same set of designers since Red / Blue / Green.

And I thought it was just roguelike players that hated change and new things. The series has been around for more than a decade now. You can't honestly expect them to be using the same 151 they had in the beginning? The new Pokemon in no way invalidate or undermine your memories, experiences with, or nostalgia for the originals. The franchise is steadily moving along, trying new things, attempting to stay connected and relevant to the target audience - which, shocking or not, are still and have always been 10 year boys - and you're throwing a tantrum from 10 years ago that you don't like what they're doing.

You don't have to like any of the new Pokemon, but you sure as hell don't have any right to call them not Pokemon.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2010, 12:02:30 am »

I guess my real problem with the new Pokemon is the feel. They just are not Pokemon and I believe probably erroneously that if they made less the few they make would be more like the original set. I just want my Pokemon to look like Pokemon! Is that to much to ask?!?!

What does a Pokemon look like, anyway?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6