Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Colonization of the Americas mod  (Read 5878 times)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonization of the Americas mod
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2010, 02:11:06 pm »

It's spelt Spaniard, so you know.

Right, that is how I meant to spell it. Fixed it.

you are using a tile set with no tile for the letter you used for them.

I am? I switched to the standard curses_square_16x16 tileset, and it still displayed the same.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2010, 02:16:48 pm »

What tile and color tags are you using?
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:59 pm »

What tile and color tags are you using?
For the British;
[CREATURE_TILE:B][COLOR:7:0:1]
and Spain;
[CREATURE_TILE:S][COLOR:7:0:1]
Portugal;
[CREATURE_TILE:P][COLOR:7:0:1]
France;
[CREATURE_TILE:F][COLOR:7:0:1]
and Native Americans;
[CREATURE_TILE:N][COLOR:7:0:1]
(I like them the same color)
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2010, 02:27:03 pm »

Ah, yes, that's what I thought. You need 'B' and so forth when directly specifying the tile, not just B.

[CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'S'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'P'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'F'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'N'][COLOR:7:0:1]
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2010, 02:30:42 pm »

Ah, yes, that's what I thought. You need 'B' and so forth when directly specifying the tile, not just B.

[CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'S'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'P'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'F'][COLOR:7:0:1]
[CREATURE_TILE:'N'][COLOR:7:0:1]

Yes, that did it. They are working now.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2010, 08:42:01 pm »

Posting to watch.

HotSax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2010, 10:40:21 pm »

I have Britain, Spain, Portugal, France, and the Indians. Was there anyone else in N.A. (Or S.A.) at the time?

Btw, depending on what time period you're thinking of, you forgot about the Dutch (Netherlands). They owned New York/New Jersey for a while, 'til the bastards in Britain came along. If you want some more diversity, you could add that in...

Also, if you have Iceland on that map, that was owned by Norway. You could probably pretend that they owned Greenland, too :P.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 10:43:39 pm by HotSax »

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2010, 12:26:11 am »

With this mod, you could play the Puritan challenge: No engravings or statues(because Puritans were srs), limited booze, only access to an Indian civ, and everybody must drop all that they're doing and be restricted to a 'church' burrow once a week.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2010, 08:32:27 am »

If you're going to have the Dutch, then you'd need to have the Swedes too (the area around Delaware was owned by Sweden for a few years).

But, if you'd have them, the time period would be mid 1600's.

Also, since the map is just of North America, the Portuguese would not be there (only Brazil).
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Yaddy1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2010, 08:55:34 am »

And I was just thinking of doing a mod like this one. Although I was planning to have the 4 races be the British, the French, the Native Americans and the Americans. You'd be the Americans, the British would war with you, the French would trade with you, and the Native Americans would be a mix of the Kobolds and the Elves. Of course I'd be happy to help with this mod. It would be nice if the Europeans all had a high chance of warring with each other, but they'd all be world gen wars while the Native Americans would be at war with everyone but there'd be lots of them.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2010, 03:02:55 pm »

It looks to me that you have to add the Aztecs in, along with the Métis.

The Aztecs would be a highly agressive, but primative civilization, who'll send tons of warriors armed with clubs and similar weaponry.

The Métis would be a combination of the European and Native American civilizations, and would prefer to trade rather than attack. They would be armed with traditional Native American weaponry, ride horses, but most importantly, they can use firearms.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2010, 03:09:51 pm »

Remember, it'd be England rather than Britain depending on your time frame.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2010, 05:14:31 pm »

I have Britain, Spain, Portugal, France, and the Indians. Was there anyone else in N.A. (Or S.A.) at the time?

Btw, depending on what time period you're thinking of, you forgot about the Dutch (Netherlands). They owned New York/New Jersey for a while, 'til the bastards in Britain came along. If you want some more diversity, you could add that in...

Also, if you have Iceland on that map, that was owned by Norway. You could probably pretend that they owned Greenland, too :P.

I knew I was forgetting someone, I just could not figure out who.
If you're going to have the Dutch, then you'd need to have the Swedes too (the area around Delaware was owned by Sweden for a few years).

But, if you'd have them, the time period would be mid 1600's.

Also, since the map is just of North America, the Portuguese would not be there (only Brazil).

The 1600's was actually the yime period I was going for. And I wasn't only doing North America empires; I just happened to have a map of it.
It looks to me that you have to add the Aztecs in, along with the Métis.

The Aztecs would be a highly agressive, but primative civilization, who'll send tons of warriors armed with clubs and similar weaponry.

The Métis would be a combination of the European and Native American civilizations, and would prefer to trade rather than attack. They would be armed with traditional Native American weaponry, ride horses, but most importantly, they can use firearms.

Weren't the Aztecs and them gone long before anyone was in the Americas but Spain? I thought they were.

EDIT: Swedes and Dutch added.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 05:29:07 pm by Aramco »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:55 pm »

Spain met the Aztecs in 1519ish. The Incas were probably closer to the 1600s than the Aztecs. Add them.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2010, 06:04:53 pm »

Incans are in Peru, not Mexico.

HOW DID YOU MADE THAT MAP!?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5