Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Colonization of the Americas mod  (Read 5879 times)

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Colonization of the Americas mod
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2010, 08:10:32 am »

I vote for the nation of Courland to be present in this mod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Courland

Yes, that's right, Latvians colonized Tobago.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 25, 2010, 10:44:17 am »

Courland established a colony on Tobago in the mid 1600s. In that case, if you wish to add them and it fits the time frame, Scotland attempted to colonise Panama, along with settling in places like Nova Scotia, Stuarts Town - Carolina and East New Jersey. I'll admit Courland was certainly more successful.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 25, 2010, 11:03:38 am »

!!&!!

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2010, 12:44:13 pm »

SO MANY CIVILIZATIONS. I will add some of them, but all the smaller ones, probably not until I've finished everything else. Also, I am going back to work now.
I vote for the nation of Courland to be present in this mod.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Courland

Yes, that's right, Latvians colonized Tobago.

I think I'll do them next. Alright, they seem to be some merchants. New traders! Because we don't already have enough...

EDIT: Courland added. Also, I have uploaded the first release! That makes it what, 0.000.1? I will call it that.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3165
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 12:56:32 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2010, 12:57:34 pm »

Yay!

I can imagine a map of North America completely dominated by Courlanders.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2010, 12:58:25 pm »

Yay!

I can imagine a map of North America completely dominated by Courlanders.

With them all humans, it is entirely possible that could happen.

EDIT: I updated the download to have the North America world info included. Just replace data/init/world_gen with the world_gen info included with the download.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 01:04:47 pm by Aramco »
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2010, 04:39:48 pm »

I added a rifle for everyone but Indians to use, and fixed the ACTIVE_SEASON tags to not all be set to autumn. Also, can I make the Indians always at war with England and their colonies, but friends with the French? Also, I think I will split Indians up into two groups, one of them warlike, the other peaceful.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2010, 06:08:13 pm »

It would be cool if you could build with leather/cloth to make tipis or some kind of Indian Huts...

But, I definitely think you should split the Indians into 4 "tribes"(desert, forest, jungle, tundra).

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »

It would be cool if you could build with leather/cloth to make tipis or some kind of Indian Huts...

But, I definitely think you should split the Indians into 4 "tribes"(desert, forest, jungle, tundra).

First, that couldn't happen unless you were playing as Indians (The parent civilization wouldn't do it), and second, I was thinking of making just two, but I may add more.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2010, 06:14:21 pm »

First, that couldn't happen unless you were playing as Indians (The parent civilization wouldn't do it), and second, I was thinking of making just two, but I may add more.

Oh, well if you ever think about making Indians playable...

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 25, 2010, 06:16:29 pm »

Oh, well if you ever think about making Indians playable...

I wasn't thinking about playable or not at all, currently they are, and I have no reason to change it. So, they probably will be.

EDIT: How come when I edit one of my posts, it has it the 'new replies to your posts' thing?

EDIT2: Is it possible to give blow darts a poison effect?

EDIT3: Alright, the download is updated to the newest version of my mod. Here is the link:

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3165

I modded plants, added flint as a stone, and fixed profession names for all of the civilizations.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 08:27:17 am by Aramco »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]