Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300451 times)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (next game Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #2430 on: August 16, 2011, 07:03:11 pm »

My password isn't working...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: August 16, 2011, 07:14:02 pm »

Did you remember that my game doesn't have the same password as Red's game?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: August 16, 2011, 07:15:21 pm »

yes, I tried herpadurp, admin, HERPADURP, hurpadurp, and will try them all again...

I could have sworn that I tried herpadurp twice already...
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: August 16, 2011, 08:44:29 pm »

Maelrigar, Rumus, Mystellar, Ethan, Stihe, Vaba, Raspul, Kimiko, Andre, Kenneth, Vherid, Izaak, and Alistair all receive 700 gp for killing monsters during the Eriden Purge.
Andre, Rumus, Izaak, Stihe, Mystellar, Ethan, and Vaba all receive 500 gp from a coupon for offering to guard the cave.
The party fund receives 400 gp.
Plus, those who participated today get 200 roleplaying exp.

Journal Experience:
5: Ethan: 340
4: Stihe, Vaba, Andre: 400
3: Rumus, Izaak: 460
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 12:52:30 am by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: August 16, 2011, 11:33:18 pm »

Dawg I frickin' warned you about going up against a merchant in an opposed diplomacy check. That's only one step behind going up against a Sicilian with death on the line.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: August 17, 2011, 12:27:35 am »

... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: August 17, 2011, 05:12:16 am »

Is the thread title accurate?
Read the First Post!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: August 17, 2011, 10:46:44 am »

Oh, just letting people know: I have the Craft Wondrous Item feat. If there is a wondrous item you want, I can make it. Pricing is 75% of market price, due to XP costs and material costs. If there are spells required other than Druid spells of 3rd level and lower, you must provide them by whatever means.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57:21 am »

@Redwarrior: Questions-does your caster level determine what sorts of things you can make as well?

Also, by providing spells, could it work with a wand or scroll?

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: August 17, 2011, 12:21:25 pm »

@Redwarrior: Questions-does your caster level determine what sorts of things you can make as well?

Also, by providing spells, could it work with a wand or scroll?
Wand, scroll, another caster, and staff all work.
For the first question, I put the question to the GitP Q&A thread.
The CL listed is the CL of the item (its resistance to dispel, and the CL of any effects that magic item produces such as the duration of the invisibility from a Ring of Invisibility).

It is not a prereq to craft the item.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 01:16:19 pm by RedWarrior0 »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: August 17, 2011, 10:04:16 pm »

I am briefly looking at macros again, and I was wondering what a good output for an attack would be. There is a bit of a problem with having a single macro handle an entire attack sequence. Characters can change targets between attacks. If you choose your targets before making your attacks, then you may waste attacks on a target that ceased to exist due to a previous attack. If you choose your targets after making attacks, then you can see your rolls and therefore assign high hit rolls to high AC opponents and low hit rolls to low AC opponents... It is, theoretically possible, to have a macro that knows if an attack hit and if the target is dead, but that involves much complication in the macro and a great deal of cooperation and complexity on behalf of the target and would likely fail from time-to-time due to some obscure ability the target had. There would probably be things like cover that could only be handled manually, probably by the player...

This is the most recent output I could easily find with a good example installed. It is noteworthy for being extremely long, but most of that information could be important...
Temporary Modifiers: attack:2; Damage: 1.
First attack with Godbane.
Attacking Victim with slashing, magic, adamanitine, epic damage:
Would hit 1d20(18) + 21 = 39AC
or 41 AC versus elf
or 38 AC when in direct sunlight 

Critical hit confirmation roll hits 1d20(12) + 21 = 33AC.
or 35 AC versus elf
or 32 AC when in direct sunlight

For 3d6(10) + 12 = 22 damage
+5fire +10versus elf +4cold +6electric +10sneak attack = 57 damage if it hits. 

Or 9d6(24) + 36 = 60 damage
+20fire +10versus elf +4cold +6electric +10sneak attack +5cold +10sonic +8electric burst = 133 damage if the critical hit is confirmed.

Add 2(or 6) damage versus elf
Add 4(or 12) damage against dragons
Add 2(or 6) damage if the target is a construct

Long story short: throwing the above out five times per full-attack would be a bit of a strain, how can I fix this without compromising the information?

Thoughts: does anyone know off-hand how to manipulate tool-tips? If I could squish all of the elemental and conditional information into giant tooltips then that would avoid clutter...

P.S.
 There are things missing from the example, power attack and combat expertise for example...
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: August 20, 2011, 12:23:02 am »

You might shorten it up a bit by having a window of radio buttons or check boxes before it puts the text out...

Yes, the session is tomorrow, at the regular time. That's 18 hours, 40 minutes (roughly) from now.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: August 20, 2011, 12:41:09 am »

Do you mean an input window? Input isn't the issue, that is all output, and while much of it wouldn't apply until later levels, one would hope that it would still be viable at later levels. I suppose people would be more accustomed to it by then...

Also, should I thry to put all the numbers at the start of lines, so that attack roll results and damage will be easier to find, it increases the minimum number of lines and makes the language a bit more awkward. It also separates the result from the calculation...
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: August 20, 2011, 01:01:29 pm »

As of 40 minutes ago, I did not work today. Then somebody called in sick, and if I don't come in to fill in for them, some poor girl's wedding reception is going to go verrrry slowly. Plus, I'm a university student, and could really use the money. Since I have plans for Sunday, it's time to vote on which weekday to have the session on again! *sarcastic* yaaaay...
(Sorry about all of the Saturdays being taken, guys... if I could change society to make more people have their wedding reception on Tuesday or Wednesday, I totally would)

@RAM: The most streamlined way to output number calculations is to have a short description at the start of the line, then the calculations (use t: if you need to, just keep it short), and then the final result at the end of the line. IMHO.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 244