Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300361 times)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1216 on: March 04, 2011, 01:15:50 am »

A freakishly tall Githzerai Ranger? You'll fit in nicely with the rest of the nature cult. I think you should be level 2, though.

Damn I love this group.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: March 04, 2011, 09:32:18 am »

First site I came to gave them a level adjustment. Because a racial Dex bonus that high has gotta have a LA.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: March 04, 2011, 10:04:53 am »

Unless you start with no classes and take a temporary level in humanoid you can't be a Githzerai (MM p.129 if interested). Their level adjustment is +2 meaning that your starting level would be 3 (2 for the race + 1 for the class). If your trying for a high dex ranger then I'd suggest a Catfolk (+4 Dex, +2 Cha, +1 Nat. Armor, +1 LA). It wouldn't be quite the same to roleplay though, as the Githerai are cold and less emotional, and Catfolk are impulsive and emotional.

Either way a level adjustment isn't too bad for a ranger.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: March 04, 2011, 11:41:34 am »

I ksrsly-nerfed the Githzerai so they don't have psionic powers anymore. He's still got some bitchin' stat bonuses, but has an LA of +1 and no human bonus feat or skill points.

I'll adjudicate the journals tomorrow morning, in an attempt to do as much of the experience-adjusting at one time as possible. Speaking of tomorrow, there'll be a session. Tallulah. (set your alarm clock or something  :P)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: March 04, 2011, 12:29:53 pm »

Here's the back story, the sickness is just flavor.
I also took the liberty of assuming that the party is in some ruins at the time of meeting.

Lastly, the freakish tallness is because "Githzerai average more than 6 feet tall" and Fable has taught me ranged skill=Tallness.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: March 04, 2011, 01:33:53 pm »

Since your backstory doesn't have you at the library ever (the starting point where we got the robes), I'll give you my character's desert robe. It's probably the only excuse I'll have to give away a desert robe anyway  :). Welcome to the group.

The main group (of the 3 we split into) actually is in some ruins right now, and coincidentally it has loads of planar rifts (apparently) in the surrounding area. Your backstory should fit the ruins we're in nearly perfectly. Convenient.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: March 04, 2011, 01:54:45 pm »

It's retroactively assumed that everyone who is retconned into existence comes with a desert robe.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1223 on: March 04, 2011, 03:04:18 pm »

I know, but this way he can have his backstory that works perfectly for the area we're in, and I can finally give something away. It's kind of odd that I've gone so long without donating anything to anyone (you know without seriously trying to injure them first). It was just an excuse to VoP away an item which everyone would have otherwise had in a desert. I mean seriously, it's hard to be in a desert WITHOUT one, so why would anyone need one when they are already in the desert?

EDIT: Nevermind I was thinking of the Arms & Equipment's Desert Robe, not Sandstorm's. I read of what desert robes do, and they apparently stack with Endure Elements. So yeah. Maybe we just have a small pile of them in the Sandflier.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 10:46:43 am by The Fool »

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: March 05, 2011, 10:53:00 am »

Journal collection has been updated. I am not at my house and won't be for a few weeks, so I don't yet have any desire to run through the huge list of backstories just yet. Cya all in a few hours!
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: March 05, 2011, 12:23:21 pm »

Just in time, I remember to write.
Spoiler: Maelrigar's Log (click to show/hide)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: March 05, 2011, 04:54:02 pm »

So, uh, game in 6 minutes?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1227 on: March 05, 2011, 04:55:26 pm »

Pheron, Corina, Tallulah, Van, Ethan, and Maelrigar receive their x2.5 journal experience.

Vaba's backstory doesn't really make a helluva lot of sense in relation to this world... it's not that PCs can't use psionics in this world, it's that there is no such thing as psionics. Also, your backstory would indicate that you've been places on the material plane other than Arcadia, which rather conflicts with the storyline. Sorry. Decently well-written, though.

In other news, game is in one hour, 5 minutes.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: March 05, 2011, 05:15:43 pm »

Huh, for some reason I thought I was in GMT -9 for a moment there.

you've been places on the material plane other than Arcadia, which rather conflicts with the storyline. Sorry.
Speaking of which, where do Water Orcs live in Arcadia? On the map, that is. Presumably near water.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: March 05, 2011, 05:29:45 pm »

Water orcs would live in Rivershire. There's two rivers flowing through the place, and some of the water has been diverted to make a place for aquatic/semiaquatic people to live. There's also swimming pools. Water orcs would live near the aqua-area.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 244