Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300365 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1245 on: March 09, 2011, 12:02:33 pm »

Mindfuckery is always a good use for bard spells. For instance, use Lesser Confusion on one guard. If he fails his will save, he has only a 10% chance to not do something that would seem crazy to his friend(s). Then his friend falls over laughing, due to your Hideous Laughter spell. Both guards are now thoroughly wigged out. Then cast Silent Image; both guards now have black marks on their foreheads, which ghostily follow them around as long as they stay near where they're guarding. You can keep this image going as long as you want; even when the guards leave the area and new guards show up, you can move the image onto the new guards. The whole regiment now believes that area is cursed.

Then the guards apparently start brutally murdering each other in that spot, but nobody sees it; they only find the carnage, with each guard's weapons sticking out of the others' corpse...

EDIT: Also, I'll take a look at those spells later.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:06:17 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: March 09, 2011, 03:04:55 pm »

Bah I should have guessed the dagger thing. I was going to put my ranks in diplomacy but I just realized, bluff and disguise probably go hand in hand together. Like if I were to pretend I was someone else would just the disguise be enough or would I have to make some bluff checks to make them believe it, example: I could say I'm catching a cold or something if they say my voice sounds off.
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: March 10, 2011, 08:02:20 am »

Two questions.

1. How much time passed in-game last session?

2. Can the entire party get some downtime for the lack of session this week?
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: March 10, 2011, 11:13:24 am »

I forgot to mention it, but the spells I mentioned are for the more combat oriented bard. If your going for the stealth/mindfuckery bard you WILL be at a disadvantage in combat, but for the most part you can avoid battles or cause them to kill each other which is just as handy. There are lots of other spells for that that I haven't mentioned simply because I was thinking of combat advantages.

I'd look at the spell Stay the Hand from PHB2. If there are two guards next to each other you can have one attempt to stab his buddy, who will probably kill the guard for you.

EDIT: I was wrong about that, the guard freely chooses his new target. Still an alright spell.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:25:30 am by The Fool »

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: March 10, 2011, 01:00:47 pm »

:'(
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: March 10, 2011, 07:39:13 pm »

The plan is to be more of a stealthy character, so most of my spells are going to be things that screw with the enemy (like the Stick spell)
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: March 11, 2011, 01:47:16 pm »

A good use of Silent Image is to make an enemy look like the undead, because no one likes liches. EVER. The enemy is just asking to be attacked if the other guy thinks that he's an undead wizard disguising himself as the regular guard.

Charm Person is good for getting past people. Just charm them before they see you and you can avoid their +5 to the save DC and just walk by them without even needing a charisma check.

There are many sneaky bard spells, all with unique uses. I'd suggest going through whatever books (digital or otherwise) you have and look for spells there since there are bard spells added in most books. In some cases they can be vastly better than PHB spells.

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: March 17, 2011, 11:37:53 pm »

Yay backstory, I can't believe I actually wrote this much.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: err there's a session tomorrow right?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:28:28 pm by Jusman »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: March 18, 2011, 07:04:34 pm »

WOuld this character work ?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 07:32:08 am by adwarf »

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: March 18, 2011, 08:14:18 pm »

Would this character work ?
Abilities are bought, not rolled, in this game.

Before racial modifiers, your stats are 12, 16, 14, 13, 17, 13

Point Buy, which has been brought up earlier:
Start all abilities at 8.
You can then increase them by spending points, of which you start with 32 in this game.

Increasing any ability by 1, up to 14, costs 1 point.
Thus, two stats at 13 cost 10, and one at 14 and one at 12 costs another 10 (20 total).

Then, increasing to 15 or 16 costs two points per point of ability score.
The stat at 16 thus costs 6 (raising it to 14) plus 2 (raising it to 15) plus 2 (raising it to 16); this puts the total to 30 so far.

Raising to 17 or 18 costs three points each.
The stat at 17 costs 10 (the price for 16) plus 3 = 13

Raising to 19 costs several hundred trillion

20 costs your immortal soul and the souls of all people you have ever known.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: March 18, 2011, 08:20:35 pm »

Ok I think I fixed the stats.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: March 19, 2011, 01:43:09 am »

Good news, everyone! I have distressing news.

It is currently the time of year where the university kids all get hammered with assignments and tests from every damn class we have (the perceptive among you may have noticed I haven't been on the forums as much as I once was), and looking at my schedule for the next couple weeks, I just don't have the goddamn time to host a D&D game. I've got math due on Sunday, I've got an essay due on Monday, Comp Sci due on Tuesday, harder Comp Sci due on Wednesday, and there's likely to be another math assignment due next Friday.

To put a long story short, I don't think I'm going to be able to host the session tomorrow later today, and there likely won't be a session next week either. The silver lining is that my exam schedule nicely avoids the weekends, so I shouldn't need to cancel any sessions beyond that. The weak-but-present consolation is that I'll have plenty of time to come up with new things to fill Arcadia with!

Also, As far as I can see, you've still got an attribute point to spend, adwarf. I'd recommend bumping your wis up from 13 to 14, because that schist be val-yubble for druids.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: March 19, 2011, 07:32:40 am »

Ok fixed.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: March 19, 2011, 08:01:28 am »

It is currently the time of year where the university kids all get hammered with assignments and tests from every damn class we have
True that. Good luck with yours, I'm in the middle of that myself.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: March 19, 2011, 09:09:04 am »

Between work, the math assignment, philosophy paper, and the math midterm on Thursday I don't think I can make it to the session today or next week if that happens. I don't like this time of year.

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 244