Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299768 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (recruiting)(first game on... the weekend...?)
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:31 pm »

Make sure you're trying to connect using the Direct tab.

Also the port number is 51234.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2010, 08:17:55 pm »

oooh i feel silly, im trying to use the latest maptools, u have the 1 b4hand let me download that 1
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2010, 09:02:58 pm »

I'll give a nice, shiny experience point to whomever can tell me why people are dropping off the server like slippery, dead flies.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2010, 09:18:13 pm »

Maptools does that sometimes, it is unknown to me why that is.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2010, 11:05:19 pm »

Damn SON but that was a short session. Thankfully, I can start the game way earlier next week, and maybe by that time I can harass my dad for access to the router to enable port forwarding.

The Fool, Barbarossa, moghopper, RAM, and Wolfchild all received 264 experience.
Everyone received 1 magical gem from the librarian; moghopper has expended his.
The session in general seemed kinda rushed... next session will be more engagingly paced, methinks. And it will involve spooky lighting.

Those who were present can write an in-character journal for 100 experience points.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 11:07:20 pm by shoruke »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2010, 11:25:57 pm »

You might want to prepare things in advance, you seemed a bit rushed in finding bushes and such during the session. Also, take initiative with your plot telling. Once we get into marching order, for example, there's nothing we can do until the road has been described to us.

Those who were present can write an in-character journal for 100 experience points.
Quote from: Maelrigar's Journal
First day was a good one. Some librarian had us go East to find a tomb, but some ghosts got in the way. They didn't last long though. One of those gems the librarian gave us exploded and suddenly I could see through my scimitar. I didn't get a chance to use it, though, because I turned my fist into stone and punched a ghost dead as soon as it manifested. Those ghosts should leave the material plane for those strong enough to live on it. Will write more once more happens.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2010, 11:35:36 pm »

Many had gathered for the expedition, I had thought that none still cared for leaving the city walls. Although it was good to have a group that sized, The guards thought us to be a group of traders and did not look too closely into our identities. The quest is to seek out the source of undead attacks. though there was little information about their nature, a suspected source was provided and we set out to find it. The journey was uneventful, one of the others, an odd one to be honest, with a habit of addressing seemingly imagined entities, provided nutritious berries and magically generated water to sustain us. Our destination was seemingly featureless, although a pair of spectres appeared as we approached a conspicuously solitary bush. They were dispatched easily enough. I am not certain of their nature however, and I have heard stories of such things returning in time. The gem aided the attempt, allowing use to interact more directly with the spirits, though I shall have to study the effect more closely to determine its exact nature...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

Eavor is not one to write a journal, so if it is alright i will have him to recall the sessions events to his spirit guide.

Quote from: Eavor
This journey has started out quite ... interesting, my companions seem somewhat competent, although lacking in appreciation for nature, why they complained that the road was hunderds of years old, they should be thankful of any road. Anyway, they handled themselves quite well, except for one fool who tried to slay a ghost with physical prowess alone, although once the minstrel that is in our group broke a magical crystal and we were able to contact the spirits he did a fine job of helping to banish them. I hope to gte to know these individuals through the coming tribulations, and grow as a result,. Thank you loyal companion for listening, now i must rest, good night my friend.

edit: so RAM, you're character thought the talking to the spirits was more unusual than growing vicious fangs?, ir did he/she not notice?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 12:10:30 am by wolfchild »
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

edit: so RAM, you're character thought the talking to the spirits was more unusual than growing vicious fangs?, it did he/she not notice?
My character probably didn't notice because having vicious fangs is normal. What kind of person has evenly sized teeth, anyway?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

true, but do you're vicious fangs cause enough blood loss to deal constitution damage?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

No, but they would if I took enough levels in the Orc Paragon Class. Or at least they'd do damage, I haven't looked into it.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In the world of DnD. With doppelgangers, polymorph, oozes, elementals, were-dinosaurs, Owlbears, ghosts, and spikes chains. I think that having a familiar that is completely undetectable by any means is stranger than a little bit of shapeshifting...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wrote a bit too much I think.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, no one actually introduced themselves in-game or even commented on why the librarian had these crystals. Oh well, it happens I suppose.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile

Can I swap out some bard spells for some different ones? I was hoping you would let me take animate dead, create undead, and summon undead in place of normal bard spells.

Would that be acceptable as I level up?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

I just assumed that we had already met, otherwise Maelrigar wouldn't be in a library with all of you folks.

"Hello, my name is Maelrigar Desraktu and I am a smashaholic."

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 244