Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 299753 times)

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

"Hello My name is Eavor and i don't like unneccisary talk"
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

so, is the session going to be wednesday or sunday?
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Barb, RAM, Wolf, and Fool all get a bonus 100 experience points! And yes Wolfchild, speaking to your companion as a journal is perfectly fine. It's even more in-character for you than an actual journal!

Also, we'll say that nobody was surprised by someone growing fangs because you've all been to rivershire, a town that contains among others: black bird-people, kobolds, wargs (as pets), a few undead people, and spellcasters of all kinds (including the kind that likes to "experiment" on people, with varying degrees of success).

The librarian had some weird gems with him because he asked one of the elder librarians, who is a spellcaster, what he should do about his theory on the undead problem. The elder librarian was too lazy (most geeks are) to help directly, but gave him access to the library's vaults (all libraries have vaults of random magic items, dont'cha know) which contained a few of the gems. He'd have recited this to you if you'd asked, but you guys didn't, so meh.

You all responded to a brochure you'd seen around town, and you all showed up at the designated place. If I'd been able to get the server up sooner, I'd have set you all up in the library room and had the librarian say "I just need to go fetch something quickly, you can all introduce yourselves or something..." and run off to fetch the gems. As it is, we'll just say that happened before the session started, so you all know each others' names but not much more...

Next session is going to be on my Saturday afternoon, which is to say... humm... 7:00 PM Saturday GMT.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile

uuurggghhhh, 5am sunday foir me, better get  to bed early

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wooo! 5AM! Awesome! We can be comatose together!
(Heh, I may even be double-booked with a Survivors session starting at exactly the same time...)
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile

That'll make it noon for me... I'll be two or three hours late, due to a cross country meet.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

moghopper

• Bay Watcher
  • The not quite as great as Toady or Three toe
    • View Profile

No good for me/ I'll be at work...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session Saturday Oct 9) (always recruiting)
« Reply #187 on: October 08, 2010, 12:41:41 pm »

Gentle reminder that there is to be a game in roughly 25 hours and 20 minutes from now. Also, another gentle reminder that those who could not make it to the last session are more than welcome to join this one. This is also totally not a bump.

Also, during sessions I might "let slip" (i.e. hint at, but not spoil) about other places you can visit, which will serve two purposes. 1) You will all have something to do, instead of "vaguely head east and hope to find something interesting", and 2) you will all be able to discuss what you want to do next, so that I know where to put some extra oomph for the next session. For example, if I let slip that the Fire Giants' Cave has a bunch of treasure in it and you all decide to go there next session, then I'd know to spend some extra time looking up potentially-fire-loving cavedwelling creatures to shake things up a bit. (disclaimer: the fire giants' cave doesn't exist)
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 08, 2010, 01:25:30 pm »

You still "always recruiting"?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 08, 2010, 02:13:51 pm »

If 'always recruiting' is true, you may wish to maintain a 'current experience points' and 'current gold pieces' values for people who want to make new characters.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 08, 2010, 03:04:39 pm »

You still "always recruiting"?

Um, yes. "always recuiting" in this case means "recruiting until further notice, where further notice is not likely to be given within the foreseeable future". As it says in the OP (you DID read the Original Post, right...?), we'll just ignore the whole "where were you last session" bit and poof you into the game.

If 'always recruiting' is true, you may wish to maintain a 'current experience points' and 'current gold pieces' values for people who want to make new characters.

Hmm... I suppose I could make a table in the OP, and store everyone's accumulated exp and moneys, and then put a "new characters start with this much stuff" blurb... oh sure, what they hey, I'll go do that when I get home.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 08, 2010, 03:14:53 pm »

Cool.  Yeah, read the OP.

I'll probably try and stick to a fairly basic class/ race combo to avoid headaches.

EDIT: Or whatever fits, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:18:37 pm by Leafsnail »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 08, 2010, 08:29:56 pm »

Spoiler: Alrad, Elf Ranger (click to show/hide)
Ok, got it.  Doesn't have the Heroic Durability feat, but I can put that into Mythweavers when I create it.

Any glaring problems with it...?

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 08, 2010, 08:47:21 pm »

Did you remember to stay within your starting gold limit?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2010, 08:52:58 pm »

Yeah, I'm 9cp under.

Longbow took most of it out :P.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 244