Poll

What day should regular sessions be on?

Saturdays!
- 17 (77.3%)
Sundays!
- 5 (22.7%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 244

Author Topic: D&D 3.5- Western Marches: dead and gone (RIP)  (Read 300434 times)

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 3.5 - Western Marches (session on Saturday) (always recruiting)
« Reply #1336 on: April 02, 2011, 06:58:37 pm »

Ah... so the roll would be 1d4 + 3 instead?
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 02, 2011, 07:40:14 pm »

Man, how did you get so many players for this?  I got like, five or six.
Shoes...

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 02, 2011, 07:45:05 pm »

In your forum thread title, use the words "Always recruiting".
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:erratic nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 02, 2011, 07:46:56 pm »

Cthulhu, I'd come join your game if you didn't mind an incorrigible noob who has to be walked through every little thing. :P
GENESIS: HARDCORE.
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She is a member of the Sand Fleas.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.
When possible, she prefers to consume peach tea or Pepsi.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: April 02, 2011, 07:50:52 pm »

In your forum thread title, use the words "Always recruiting".

That's the secret?  I was thinking you used magic or something.

Cthulhu, I'd come join your game if you didn't mind an incorrigible noob who has to be walked through every little thing. :P

We don't walk people through mid-session because that's a real fun-killer, but if you can get a good enough grasp of the rules to play beforehand (For example, by playing in this game in the meantime) then feel free.
Shoes...

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: April 02, 2011, 08:01:34 pm »

I was exaggerating (sort of) and being self-deprecating. :P I have a decent enough grasp of the rules and this game is really helping me polish up on the mechanics.

I really get what you mean about noobs being a fun-killer; I felt terrible that a few players had to help me fix up my character sheet before we got properly started, but they were really nice about it and you guys are great ;A;

</end mawkish sentimentality>
Kat has been ecstatic lately. She has slept in a fine bed recently. She has talked with a friend recently. She has captured monsters for her pocket recently. She has been bored recently.
She likes gypsum, jade, emerald, violence, horrific monsters, fire and werewolves for their sweet nature.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: April 02, 2011, 08:05:12 pm »

Then don't worry about it, you're fine.  It's only a problem when people expect to be told how to play from square one in the middle of a session.
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: April 02, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »

Well, Maelrigar has some stuff to infodump.

Maelrigar killed 9 or more snakes before losing count.
Maelrigar found minor trinkets.
Maelrigar currently owns the Staff of Boccob.

..."WHAT?!" you may be saying to yourself, thinking that Maelrigar is overpowered enough. (He is.) He found it in a temple that he broke into. It resisted his attempts to grab it, but when he finally did, the avatar of Boccob entered the room and told him a few things: It only performs minor illusions in his hands, though he has not used it yet. It is wildly powerful in the hands of one who is dedicated to Boccob. It is extraordinarily magical according to to Maelrigar's Detect magic. Maelrigar is a staunch Procanite, and thus has little to do with the staff. Maelrigar is now searching for a worthy worshiper of Boccob to hand off the magic stick to.

Any takers? My back-up character can be a Boccobian, if absolutely necessary. (But that would make the staff worthless for a long, long, time.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: April 02, 2011, 10:56:41 pm »

So, the group is finally back together in one... uh, group. The sentence should have ended with exclamation points somehow! Because now the game can once again have some degree of pacing besides "mind-bogglingly slow"!

Also, journals. Exp. Woo. Can't wait to see what you guys try to do with that dragon claw. Perhaps have Corina make the claw-chucks-on-a-chain or whatever?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Jusman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: April 02, 2011, 10:58:37 pm »

It's going to be a bit difficult to think of something to write for me... I hope it doesn't have to be long
I heard your like sieges so I put a Goblin fortress in your fortress so you could siege while besieged.

asfghn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: April 02, 2011, 11:00:36 pm »

My journal is going to be fun. Edmund met the love of his life! And ran into yet another person who takes his mindless vulpine follower to be a concubine! He stopped trying to get them to believe that he's tried to make her 1) go away and 2) stop calling him master after the first, oh, ten or twelve times.

Oh, and there were some other people there too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:03:09 pm by asfghn »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: April 02, 2011, 11:07:51 pm »

Yeah, I was kind of confused when she kept calling you Master. Does Foxy have some disorder or something, or perhaps a contract?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: April 02, 2011, 11:25:00 pm »

Pheron stows his gear and updates his journal.
Spoiler: Pheron's Journal (click to show/hide)

Journal Collection

(Edit: Removed my repost of the Backstory, especially since the first one was more eloquent. Check the journal list for the link.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2011, 11:39:57 pm by Kogan Loloklam »
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 244