Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Pick Your Scumteam - Mafia wins - Thanks to everyone that stuck with it  (Read 76017 times)

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pick Your Scumteam - Day 3 - Drove my Chevy to the Levee
« Reply #645 on: September 30, 2010, 05:06:44 am »

om nom nom delicious hats

I'll have to reread the thread. I'm going to start with Webadict's other picks of Jokerman and Pandarsenic. I get the feeling he was right on the money about them and their lurking.

Wasn't one of his picks, uh, you?

That's why I said other picks.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: September 30, 2010, 01:48:38 pm »

I thought Tack was acting scummy all game (which he was), but I didn't really suspect web was mafia.

SirBayer, you pretty much drove the van that ran over Tack, with a roof-mounted laser-guided bee-cannon on top aimed at Webadict.

Okay, so your argument on me is that I helped lynch a ridiculously scummy player, and that Webadict just so happened to die when he was my secondary target?

You're giving in to the WIFOM OR you're spreading it incompetently. I'm not quite sure which.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
  • sw33ter than sugar :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: September 30, 2010, 01:59:04 pm »

Webadict was killed because he was pretty much confirmed down by Tack's death. We should all go back and take a look at his prime suspicions, because he knows best and blah blah metagaming etc.
You could check announcements.txt and see what events might trigger that line.

EDIT: And hide all your picnic baskets.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: September 30, 2010, 02:07:53 pm »

Webadict was killed because he was pretty much confirmed down by Tack's death. We should all go back and take a look at his prime suspicions, because he knows best and blah blah metagaming etc.

Okay, let's review exactly why that makes you stupid.

A. No, he was not confirmed town, because it's absurdly easy for scum to do what he did, because they know who's town.
B. I was very specifically not on his suspicions list. He thought I was stupid, but not scum.
C. So if you want to chase after his prime suspicions, try Mr. Person or Pandarsenic.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: September 30, 2010, 05:23:56 pm »

Oh my God.

I just realized that I'm still in this game.

Totally my fault, I confused it with BYOR5 in which I was killed. Fffffffffffffucking hell, I'm sorry.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: September 30, 2010, 05:42:49 pm »

Oh my God.

I just realized that I'm still in this game.

Totally my fault, I confused it with BYOR5 in which I was killed. Fffffffffffffucking hell, I'm sorry.

JOE

PULL IT TOGETHER, SCUM

YOU CAN GET THE TOWN

REALLY
Rules are for suckers.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: October 01, 2010, 10:59:35 pm »

Sorry for not being on in days. Been busy in real life and exhausted when I was at home. I'll read tomorrow. Probably. Hopefully.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: October 02, 2010, 11:56:49 am »

No.

You are completely incompetent. If I am reading this post right, you're saying Web became CT when Tack died? No. Completely impossible. That's not how it works. At all.

It just sounds like the ridiculous logic you used to decide who to NK.

Also. You say "Webadict was killed because..." and then go on to provide a (completely illogical (which fits perfectly with how you've been playing)) reason why. HOW THE FUCK WOULD YOU KNOW WHY HE WAS NIGHTKILLED IF YOU'RE TOWN?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: October 02, 2010, 02:00:02 pm »

Because it makes perfect sense.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: October 02, 2010, 02:03:49 pm »

Because it makes perfect sense.
No, it doesn't. And you didn't include a "probably" (or the like) in your "Webadict was killed because" statement.

Nobody can become CT in this game. Nobody. Get that through your thick head. How is it that Web could become CT after Tack's death?

Elegy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: October 02, 2010, 02:11:21 pm »

The way he was playing and defending Tack the entire game seemed unbecoming of someone who could have, at any time as mafia, probably gotten him lynched with ease. At the end of day 2 it really came down to SirBayer vs Webadict with both pushing for and against lynching Tack. A mafia would have nothing to gain by defending a player acting that scummy all game, as it brings a lot of attention to themselves in a bad way. The fact that web defended Tack anyway should have been some indication that he was town and he though Tack was, too. Of course, there's no way we could have known that until after Tack died, but as soon as he did, the mafia did a really quick job in getting rid of one of the strongest players who would have been very nearly confirmed as town.

That's my reasoning.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: October 02, 2010, 03:17:10 pm »

That's just all assumptions, you are saying Webadict was clear cut confirmed town and now he's dead.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: October 02, 2010, 04:03:41 pm »

The fact that web defended Tack anyway should have been some indication that he was town and he though Tack was, too. Of course, there's no way we could have known that until after Tack died, but as soon as he did, the mafia did a really quick job in getting rid of one of the strongest players who would have been very nearly confirmed as town.
No.

It's called a gambit, you dumbass. Web would not have become CT because as scum he could have been using one. Defending someone you know is town is completely possible as scum.

You thinking he would have been confirmed is pretty ridiculous. You pretty much said you knew why he was NKed ("he wood of ben confirm'd gaiz"). The only thing is that no scumbuddies present over the Night would have let you kill Web for that exact reason. However, they may have let you kill Web because he wanted to get out of the game anyway. Or some other reason.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: October 02, 2010, 04:07:37 pm »

That's just all assumptions, you are saying Webadict was clear cut confirmed town and now he's dead.

Why did you post this, ToonyMan?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: October 02, 2010, 05:43:20 pm »

That's a stupid question that can apply to everything Mr.Person.  Bring some finer detail to your "attacks".

Lurkers are tearing shit up as well.  I hate this game but I have a policy to play.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57