Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70202 times)

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 2: Trolls Galore
« Reply #510 on: September 25, 2010, 10:36:13 am »

Okay. I've had all night to think about it. Whether I claim or not is of no difference to me right now. However, the more people that claim, the better for me. So I'm going unvote for now, and considering that Pandar is right about breadbocks being pretty much confirmed cultist, I'm voting breadbocks.

Otto is looking real fishy.

Anyway, there's always the possibility that Arch is survivor. No matter what he is, he's not town, I don't think.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 25, 2010, 02:40:22 pm »

Wait. Panda, do I have a hidden ability?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 25, 2010, 02:50:28 pm »

Toaster, who is scum other than MBP?  I want at least two names and plenty of reasons.

First up is Tylui.  Day one all he did was RVS and then vote Pandar for active lurking, while he himself was lurking.  Day two he says that he only posts to respond to questions, and that he was afraid to post because he might get voted- typical scummy defensiveness.  Then he followed up with a lot of fluff posts:

This one deserves special mention.  It, along with this recent post have him throwing suspicion with no reasoning.

Next, Scatterbrain is raising eyebrows with me again.  Here he starts off D2 by going after lurkers.  He also votes breadbocks for being raised before any of the Webadict discussion comes up.  I'm suddenly seeing distancing here.  Is Scatterbrain the Webadict?

Finally, I don't see any evidence that Pandar is conclusively town.  I doubt he's standard scum as I don't see Web giving the scumteam a role list.  Third party does seem viable- possibly SK or lyncher.  I'm not convinced he's anti-town, but I don't see any proof that he is town.

Tylui, why do you say Otto is fishy?  Why do you think Breadbocks is a better vote than Archangel if you're convinced they're both not town?

Scatterbrain:  Why did you vote breadbocks just for being raised?  Who do you think is the Webadict?

Pandar:  Did you start the game with the role list, or did you have to do something to get it?   Why are you hesitant to reveal the name of your role?

MBP:  Since it's not bloody obvious enough for you, I'll even underline it.  Who do you think is scum?  Why?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 25, 2010, 03:01:05 pm »

Quick question: What powers did Sollux Captor have? Because Org claimed Zathrus was scum in this post with almost complete certainty.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 25, 2010, 03:11:47 pm »

Quick question: What powers did Sollux Captor have? Because Org claimed Zathrus was scum in this post with almost complete certainty.
He followed that up with "nah, he's confirmed townie" almost immediately... which caused raised eyebrows at the masonchat, yeah. But Org is Org.

His powers, which Pandar can confirm, were a roleblock and "hacker", which switches the target's hidden ability with a current one. His hidden was "troll", and came into effect when he targeted himself with "hacker".

I don't know the name of the roleblock ability. He didn't mention it. You have to take into account that Org isn't precisely a clear-spoken and eloquent fellow, so this is my translation and piecing-together of his cryptic grunts...

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 25, 2010, 03:56:57 pm »

Unvote.

Tylui
is The Webadict. Several things point to this:

- His immediate vote for Pandar when he outed the cult to the thread, with malformed reasons,[1]
- Breadbocks' immedate agreement with him on this vote on Pandar,[2]
- His current vote for breadbocks, as distance,
- His fawning over webadict before the game started.... see this gem below in particular, but there are others:
webwebwebwebwebwebwebwebadiiiict!!!

Is it too late to change my role?
I wasn't thinking clearly when I picked it last time. >_<

[1] Tylui's very next post after Pandar mentioned the Webadict's existance:
Whoever chose "The Webadict" chose two of these three abilities:

King of the Mafia
Kill Webadict Now
I Am Mod

But always gets "Kill Webadict Now," which revives a player and gives them the role of "Webadict" with no powers and on the Webadict's team. This reeks of Cult.
Who else would know all the roles and what they did but "I Am Mod"?
Unvote. ((I won't forget you though, MBP.)) Vote Pandarsenic.

[2]Breadbock's' very next post after that:
If I may pose a question. Why are we eating out of Pandarsenic's hands? If there is one thing I've learned from Mafia, it's that you should never assume things. We seem to be assuming that Panda is town, and has no reason to lie. I do believe we need to take things with a grain of salt. For that reason, I think Pandarsenic is scum.

Also, if this is correct, we can surmise he didn't choose "King of the Mafia", since he had to ask Pandar what it did, and therefore we may be safe from daytime role switches... maybe.

Tylui, if you aren't the Webadict, clam. Now.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:44 pm »

Erm, "claim", I mean, not "clam"... but yeah.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 25, 2010, 04:08:56 pm »

Erm, "claim", I mean, not "clam"... but yeah.

I chucked a bit.

Anyways, Tylui, if you haven't claimed when I wake up, you'll have my vote.

Zathras, somewhat deflective(assuming I understand the term correctly) there. But you have a point.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 25, 2010, 06:45:08 pm »

Bloody hell. If I didn't know my role I'd be convinced that I was The Webadict.

First up is Tylui.  Day one all he did was RVS and then vote Pandar for active lurking, while he himself was lurking.  Day two he says that he only posts to respond to questions, and that he was afraid to post because he might get voted- typical scummy defensiveness.  Then he followed up with a lot of fluff posts:

I don't even know how to not post fluff... It's my first mafia. Vector totally called it when she said my newbness would have me dropping scumtells. I can assure you I'm not scum, though. We'll get to that in a minute.

Tylui, why do you say Otto is fishy?  Why do you think Breadbocks is a better vote than Archangel if you're convinced they're both not town?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't like his lack of care in this post. It's very carelessy written. Again, like he had a "must-do-something" feel to it. He's doing less than the bare minimum and continuing to lurk. He's just NOW responding to a claim from D1...

Breadbocks is better because I don't like the idea of a cultist having any powers. If The Webadict picked King of the Mafia, that means he can switch any of his cultists non-abilities with any body else's full-abilities. We should just stamp out all of the resurrected. Also, Breadbocks had more votes than Arch, meaning his lynching was more assured.

Tylui is The Webadict. Several things point to this:

- His immediate vote for Pandar when he outed the cult to the thread, with malformed reasons,[1]
[1] Tylui's very next post after Pandar mentioned the Webadict's existance:
Whoever chose "The Webadict" chose two of these three abilities:

King of the Mafia
Kill Webadict Now
I Am Mod

But always gets "Kill Webadict Now," which revives a player and gives them the role of "Webadict" with no powers and on the Webadict's team. This reeks of Cult.
Who else would know all the roles and what they did but "I Am Mod"?
Unvote. ((I won't forget you though, MBP.)) Vote Pandarsenic.

If I was The Webadict, I don't think I would have even touched on the fact that Pandar outed the cult. This seems like a WIFOM reason I'm getting to(Hell, I don't even know if I'm using that right), but if I were scum I would, sadly, be a lot more lurky than I currently am. I would be much more cautious about what I'm doing, and, if not for the fact that I would post less, I would probably be a much better player. Because as scummy as I seem, I am town.

- Breadbocks' immedate agreement with him on this vote on Pandar,[2]
[2]Breadbock's' very next post after that:
If I may pose a question. Why are we eating out of Pandarsenic's hands? If there is one thing I've learned from Mafia, it's that you should never assume things. We seem to be assuming that Panda is town, and has no reason to lie. I do believe we need to take things with a grain of salt. For that reason, I think Pandarsenic is scum.

Okay, now seriously, this one had me astonished. I never even thought about that. But there is a cult chat, right? I would hope cultbuddies would try to avoid this kind of situation. That's just dumb. Very good spot though, Zathras. I wouldn't have caught it.

- His current vote for breadbocks, as distance,

Good sir, I refer you to my previous explanations of why I voted breadbocks.

- His fawning over webadict before the game started.... see this gem below in particular, but there are others:
webwebwebwebwebwebwebwebadiiiict!!!

Is it too late to change my role?
I wasn't thinking clearly when I picked it last time. >_<

How is this fawning over webadict at all? I admit, I admire the shit out of the guy. Besides myself and qwertyuiopas, he was the most active player in my nomic-like, Metaslature, like two years ago. But this post has nothing to do with me fawning over him. I wanted to pick a different role. For Christ's sake, I had picked Rudyard Kipling. My ability name would have been Rikki Tikki Tavi. I decided to go with something I like a little more, and that has a little more meaning to me(Refer to my first and currently only tattoo). I also wanted a town role, because I knew I'd be terrified of having a scum role. I knew I'd almost assuredly get a town with that pick(Refer to this post, too).

Also, if this is correct, we can surmise he didn't choose "King of the Mafia", since he had to ask Pandar what it did, and therefore we may be safe from daytime role switches... maybe.

I already knew what "Kill Webadict Now" does, because Pandar explained it. And guess what else Pandar explained? "I am Mod". So of course, being suspicious of the obviously powerful cult role, I wanted to know the last role.

Tylui, if you aren't the Webadict, clam. Now.

I don't know how to clam. But I'll have Pandar confirm my role, since I'm sure ya'll have guessed it by now. My Auto ability is this: "Power Suit: Players that target you are disabled the following Day."

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 25, 2010, 06:48:32 pm »

I picked the two defensive abilities because, again, I wanted town for my first Mafia game. And now the curiosity has the better of me. Pandar, what does Missile do?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 25, 2010, 07:14:16 pm »

I picked the two defensive abilities because, again, I wanted town for my first Mafia game. And now the curiosity has the better of me. Pandar, what does Missile do?

Hmmm... Pandar, Tylui has claimed Samus Aran, does this pass the smell test for you?

If the real Samus Aran is out there, now would be the perfect time to claim. Unfortunately, we may never know the roles of Mr. Person and Zai, and will have doubts about Jokerman's. Can anyone think of a way that Tylui would know any of them to be Samus Aran and thus usurp the role with impunity?

Tylui, I find your defence contrived and unconvincing, but will wait to see what to Pandar and others have to say about it.

Also, Lonewolf & ToonyMan are lurking something fierce. It's been 36hrs since the mass prod, so either they are about to be modkilled, or are active in the game, but not here... on the scumchat instead. Both of you are mighty-ponies-of-doom from BYOR4, and should know better, so I cast a strong FoS on you unless you come out and play, preferably claiming to Pandar something about your role, and with your list of suspicions.

And IronyOwl, thank you for you one post in the entire day two; do you have anything useful to say or add, or are you content with watching from the sidelines? How about you join us down here? Why haven't you participated in the claiming that Pandar requested? Who do you think is the Webadict? You are still voting me, do you think I'm scum?

Everyone else, come play the claiming game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 25, 2010, 07:23:30 pm »

I'm actually Samus, so Tylui is most likely Webadict.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 25, 2010, 07:32:33 pm »

Ha! This would be fun... So how about Tylui? Pandar, you will be needed to settle this one; get over here.

Also, I had missed this:
I didn't pick instrumentalist. Not that I had a choice, I recei
Pandar, does Ottofar's claim of Freddy Mercury pass your test?
Ottofar, were you planning to say anything else there that was cut short?

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 25, 2010, 08:09:33 pm »

Ha! This would be fun... So how about Tylui? Pandar, you will be needed to settle this one; get over here.

Gaaah... horrible typing today. First "clam", now this. It should read "Ha! This will be fun... So how about it, Tylui?" In any case, one of you two is lying, so one of you two will hang today.

Also, another one for Pandar & Lonewolf:
so i herd you haet mudkipz - What do?

Lonewolf, are you prepared to claim "Smugleaf"? If so, Pandar, does it ring true, and does the role look like scum?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 25, 2010, 08:17:44 pm »

Toaster, who is scum other than MBP?  I want at least two names and plenty of reasons.

This one deserves special mention.  It, along with this recent post have him throwing suspicion with no reasoning.

Next, Scatterbrain is raising eyebrows with me again.  Here he starts off D2 by going after lurkers.  He also votes breadbocks for being raised before any of the Webadict discussion comes up.  I'm suddenly seeing distancing here.  Is Scatterbrain the Webadict?

Finally, I don't see any evidence that Pandar is conclusively town.  I doubt he's standard scum as I don't see Web giving the scumteam a role list.  Third party does seem viable- possibly SK or lyncher.  I'm not convinced he's anti-town, but I don't see any proof that he is town.

Scatterbrain:  Why did you vote breadbocks just for being raised?  Who do you think is the Webadict?

Pandar:  Did you start the game with the role list, or did you have to do something to get it?   Why are you hesitant to reveal the name of your role?

MBP:  Since it's not bloody obvious enough for you, I'll even underline it.  Who do you think is scum?  Why?
BITCH

Now, regarding Toony/Tylui: Tylui did, in fact, name precisely what one of the abilities did. Both of you, USING CRYPTIC MANNERS OF CLAIMING AND NOT MAKING IT OBVIOUS, I want you to tell me what ALL abilities you selected did.

Re Ottofar: He's PROBABLY legit in his Freddie Mercury claim, but that isn't a definite town role. So he's not clear but he's not lying.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43