Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: BYOR 5 - Night 3: Under Con-Troll.  (Read 70121 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 5 - Day 1: Lesson In History
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2010, 07:33:51 pm »

Ummm...why are you defending the people I'm attacking?
I thought the opposite, see.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2010, 07:43:59 pm »

Apologies for lateness... I'll catch up.

Zathras, who are you most worried about in this game?
What, me worry? I'm most worried about the massive 17 people line-up and being able to keep up. I was away for a day and there's already a million pages to catch up to. As to people, I'm most worried about the unpredictables (like Pandar, Toony, Org, you) being too unpredictable, or the newbies (you know who you are) being too newbish. I'm also slightly skittish about the mysterious perks given to the pony-team-of-doom from BYOR4.

IronyOwl, jumping on a bandwagon so soon? You come across as scummily eager on this.

And Zai, how many teams do you think there are on this game? Do you think IronyOwl's jump on Scatterbrain is justified?
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 14, 2010, 07:46:29 pm »

It isn't quite roleclaiming. I guess it was very loosely partial role-claiming. Just me complaining about how much I hate having one-use powers. I didn't state my role name, when my powers can be used, what my powers do, or anything useful to anyone. If I were to use my power, you would have no clue when I used it, that it was mine, or if for some reason the power name was revealed, you couldn't connect it to me.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 14, 2010, 07:48:59 pm »

It isn't quite roleclaiming. I guess it was very loosely partial role-claiming. Just me complaining about how much I hate having one-use powers. I didn't state my role name, when my powers can be used, what my powers do, or anything useful to anyone. If I were to use my power, you would have no clue when I used it, that it was mine, or if for some reason the power name was revealed, you couldn't connect it to me.
Just shut up about your role.  Quite a bit of information can be gleaned just from these denials, and no one needs to know just yet.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 14, 2010, 08:29:49 pm »

For those who seek my insight, I should be coherent some time within 7 hours. If I'm lucky.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 14, 2010, 09:17:16 pm »

archangel! you are under my command! you will speculate as to when in the game your role-powers will become most useful!

also, org is acting normal... for org. but i don't like how quick he was to put a 2nd vote on zathras. just sayin'
I'm ashamed of all of you.  Scatterbrain's blatantly rolefishing and noone even calls him out for it!  Toaster kinda mentioned it, but made no moves to attack.
Dude. What?

Someone remind me tomorrow to reread from my last post onward if I don't by 7 PM Central. I'm damned tired right now. This will hopefully be remedied by tomorrow.

And Zai, how many teams do you think there are on this game? Do you think IronyOwl's jump on Scatterbrain is justified?
It would vary. What do you consider a "team?" Do lone people count?

And fuck yeah it's justified. He buddied and rolefished. Though it could be said these are as much newbtells as they are scumtells, and Scatterbrain (damn accurate definition) is new, that doesn't mean he can't be pushed by more than 1 person (especially when the first person voting him isn't actually pushing him).
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Lonewolf I

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 14, 2010, 09:22:53 pm »

Missed that on my readthrough.  My bad.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 15, 2010, 12:17:37 am »

You want to know when his role is most useful.  Knowing that, you can decide how soon you need to night kill him.

oh, i thought rolefishing meant trying to suggest to the mod what sort of powers you want when you pick your role. and no, it was basically just a less run-of-the-mill voteprod. hopefully, something a bit different might catch the scum out.

Not buying it.

You were fine right until you gave up on your original question.  Your new question is just a regurgitation of his question, and your tone changes from aggression to a polite request.  You're backing down without breaking him first, and that's weak.  Weakness is scummy.

i stopped asking him the original question because it was becoming plain that i wasn't going to get an answer. as at this point it's more useful to have something to go on, rather than nothing, i decided to ask him questions that he would identify with, and would actually not question dodge - so why not use the very questions that he was asking? and you keep saying i'm backing down - a change of question is backing down? really? to stop harassing him would be to 'back down', and i ain't done with him yet. my vote is still on him, and my questions still stand.

the least i can say for you, toaster, is that i'm glad that there's someone out there that's getting down to the business of scumhunting. that's what i'll put this little bit of aggression down to... for the time being. even if this comes very soon after the first vote for me (won't you be following up on that vote with some questioning, breadbocks?)

Again, look at your tone of voice?  It went from "ANSWER ME DAMMIT" (good) to "Please answer, if it's not too much trouble?" (scummy).  Then you buddy me and try to get me to back off.  No.

Scatterbrain: Why sure. What did you learn about avoiding looking scummy last BM, and how will you apply that to this game, if you are scum, and if you aren't how will you use it to help you scumhunt? Toaster seems to have you pegged as scum.

Tylui: Didn't the "obvscum" role in a past incarnation of this do pretty good? Although, I have to agree, Pander could be trouble if he picks another epic role, like last time...

Zathras: Well, Org claims he has you pinned down as scum. How do you plan to counter his attack?

Pandarsenic: Care to give any hints as to the sort of advantages being the chief pony last round endowed on you? Could be the difference between a cult winning again, and town winning.

Toaster: Has anyone caught your eye so far as second scum? I'm pretty sure there IS at least two scum minimum in Mafia, right webadict?

Mr.Person: I'm going to have to go with TM on this, and say you are acting pretty damn scummy.

IronyOwl: Not too much to say on you. See Vector.

In order:
Why mention me?
Pointless
Pointless
Rolefishing
(The one to me)  You're odd for this post (see all around), Jokerman has a question mark (below), and Puppet (for what I'll say below)
Adds nothing to the attack.  I'd say it was a bandwagon FoS, if that made any damn sense.
Pointless

I'm not bothered by the omniquestion (I did it in Ed's BYOR), but your question strength sucks.

Jokerman-EXE: Who are your suspicions on, and why have you made only one post since the start by my reckoning?

I'm looking at Toony and Toaster as scum this game, as well as you, just based on a slightly random choosing and what I've been seeing so far. For example, why did you feel the need to post a question to every player in the game?

As to why I haven't really posted, it's because I flatly refuse to participate in RV phases aside from watching and observing. It's how I play, so get used to it.

If you're going to spread suspicion around, put some teeth in your attacks.  This reasonless crap is scummy.

Right now Vector i'm mostly work on UV-Visible spectrophotometer lab report. I'll be glad to answer question once i'm closer to getting it done, probly 10pm. Also, if your meta is me being online but not posting now you got an answer.

This is Toaster's #1 Scumtell: Promising more and never delivering.  Puppet, put up or shut up.

I'm ashamed of all of you.  Scatterbrain's blatantly rolefishing and noone even calls him out for it!  Toaster kinda mentioned it, but made no moves to attack.

Scatterbrain - Why are you rolefishing in your first post of RVS?  That's amazingly scummy.
Toaster - You noticed.  Why didn't you press the attack?

It's under the umbrella of the rest of my attack.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 15, 2010, 12:27:20 am »

Newb Tylui is newb! I'm also very tired. I'm not really sure what to make of all these posts but I'm going to reread it all tomorrow morning. But I will add that Pandarsenic has yet to defend the accusations of my metareasoning.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 15, 2010, 01:41:11 am »

@Breadbocks: You claim I'm acting scummy but don't provide any reason why. Please correct this situation.

@Lonewolf: You claimed I wasn't with the town, right? Yeah, sorry, I'm town-aligned.

@Scatterbrain: What, exactly, were you hoping to get from asking when Archangel's role powers would be most useful? Like, what would of been a scummy response and what would of been a townlike response?

Org... Theory... of Scummitude? Uhhhh... Could you please explain what that is?

You're scum, aren't you.

Vector, this is just being a dick. Please don't do this shit, it's frustrating as hell.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:19 am »

Vector, this is just being a dick. Please don't do this shit, it's frustrating as hell.

Hmm.  I always found that I jumped a mile whenever I was on the receiving end and scum, but I'll try to avoid that tactic in the future.  Thanks for letting me know.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 15, 2010, 03:18:19 am »

I meant accusing a player of something and not explaining to them what your accusation was.

Go ahead and yell at people but at least make sure they know why.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 15, 2010, 03:37:47 am »

Tylui, that's the stupidest meta attempt I've ever read. More info soonish. Hungry.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 15, 2010, 04:19:54 am »

IronyOwl, who are you most wary of and why?
Who do you want to hear from most?
Do you have any suspicions yet?
Tylui has a point on Pandarsenic, see below. Org is unreadable at this point.
Scatterbrain's response should be interesting.
Scatterbrain, Org, breadbocks. Pandarsenic but only for highly questionable reasons.
Good enough for now. Unvote.
Lonewolf I, who do you think is suspicious?
What do you think of breadbocks and Scatterbrain?
What third parties do you think are likely to be in this game?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 15, 2010, 04:20:55 am »

Whoops, that was meant to go at the end of this:
Who are you most wary of and why?
winners of the last game, given their heightened powers.

Who do you want to hear from most?
at the moment, the people who haven't posted yet; hence why i poked you. guess you're off of that list, then.

Do you have any suspicions yet?
not very strong suspicions, but i'm keeping an eye on org. and you, for that matter, you question-dodging scum!

so if you won't answer my original question, would you care to answer those questions you just quoted at me?
That was a question? I thought it was just some random silliness you came up with to put with your vote. I'm not especially wary of anyone. Which just means that I distrust everyone equally. I'd like to hear more from Lonewolf I. And Vector. I'd also like to see some sense from Toony and Org, but that probably won't happen. I don't really have any suspicions yet.
You were fine right until you gave up on your original question.  Your new question is just a regurgitation of his question, and your tone changes from aggression to a polite request.  You're backing down without breaking him first, and that's weak.  Weakness is scummy.

i stopped asking him the original question because it was becoming plain that i wasn't going to get an answer. as at this point it's more useful to have something to go on, rather than nothing, i decided to ask him questions that he would identify with, and would actually not question dodge - so why not use the very questions that he was asking? and you keep saying i'm backing down - a change of question is backing down? really? to stop harassing him would be to 'back down', and i ain't done with him yet. my vote is still on him, and my questions still stand.
You asked your question is a silly manner, which lead me to believe that it wasn't serious. And you aren't going after me particularly enthusiastically.
Hmm... I'm a little suspicious of you now.
Pandar, seems pretty damn useful. I admire you.
Pandar, I don't so much admire YOU as your position. I got two one-use powers. :-\
You used a rather awkward way of putting it. The way you put it sounds like you are talking about Pandar himself, thus making it sound like you are buddying, rather than what you claim to have meant, a comment on this:
I knew what the abilities I chose from were able to do.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43