Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Current ideas on evolution?

The Old-Evolution-Mind control fungus!
Counter-Evolution-No mind control fungus!

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 138

Author Topic: Evolution: Jethro is back!?!?! [SPACE]  (Read 121589 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Evolution: Onwards, Jethro! [FUNGUS]
« Reply #675 on: September 28, 2010, 03:43:43 pm »

Upgrade poison cells with an alternative mode that lets you use them to chare your chemical memories with others of our species! Comunication!

Improve our control to read the thoughts of our host!

specialize anti-imune cells to pre-empt the imune systems of hosts, making for a greater chance of succsesfull infection.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 28, 2010, 04:13:52 pm »

Fungus has pulled ahead by three votes. Very exciting. (Not really.)

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 28, 2010, 04:15:15 pm »

Fungus is exiting! No, I guess you are right. It is not. I say we get wings. Then we could go anywhere.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #678 on: September 28, 2010, 04:16:38 pm »

I think we should continue on this route, developing our brain, control, and DNA stealing.  Eventually we can find the perfect host and specialize to it, eventually usurping its brain and skipping a large part of the evolutionary process.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 28, 2010, 04:20:46 pm »

I think we should continue on this route, developing our brain, control, and DNA stealing.  Eventually we can find the perfect host and specialize to it, eventually usurping its brain and skipping a large part of the evolutionary process.

What do we do if our "ideal" host's race goes extinct though? What then?
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 28, 2010, 04:22:37 pm »

What do we do if our "ideal" host's race goes extinct though? What then?

Natural Selection. If we are weak, there is no getting around it.
Or maybe there's a god who's just completely insane and sends you to Detroit, Michigan in a new body if you ever utter the name "Pat Sajak".

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 28, 2010, 04:37:26 pm »

Percentage wise? Counter-Evolution is closing the gap.

Vote wise? Same as before.

(This is vaguely exciting.)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 28, 2010, 04:39:00 pm »

Think of what sort of disturbing monstrosity we can become with a counter-evolution! If we're a fungus that takes over minds that's all we'll ever be. Do we want that?

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 28, 2010, 04:49:41 pm »

Think of what sort of disturbing monstrosity we can become with a counter-evolution! If we're a fungus that takes over minds that's all we'll ever be. Do we want that?
Yes, yes we do. Because once we have a hivemind, we won't just be a fungus that takes over minds. We will be fungi, infecting the minds of every creature in the world, using all their senses for our own benefits, modifying their minds and bodies as we see fit, until we finally RULE THE WORLD!

Whereas, with counter-evolution, we're just sort of one creature going around doing stuff...

Besides, we can be monstrosities as fungus as well. For example, we could steal DNA, knowledge and instincts from all the creatures we infect and use it to create the ultimate being!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:51:37 pm by Flagrarus »
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 28, 2010, 04:52:02 pm »

hivemind
Know that I am the Overmind, eternal will of the Swarm, and that you have been created to serve me...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:56:38 pm by FuzzyZergling »

Aramco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 28, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »

If we are a fungus, we can just control other things. Then we can basically be any creature we want!

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 28, 2010, 04:57:20 pm »

If we are a fungus, we can just control other things. Then we can basically be any creature we want!

The point is to become our own creature though. At least that's what I get from the OP(not the person, I refer to him/her as TC). Regardless, my vote for counter-evolution stands.

Flagrarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: September 28, 2010, 05:20:40 pm »

Sometimes a forum game grows beyond the imagination of even those who conceived it...or something.

Either way, like I said, there's no reason we would only be able to control their minds. Through our power over their minds, we will have the power to modify their bodies, through the same process we have been using the whole time: evolution, only on a far greater scale! We will shape every creature in the world as we see fit, with one being our manifestation, combining every good part about every creature into one, godlike body!

...So I say we go with the mind-control.
I've had my name said wrong at least 10 times so far in my whole forum life.
Oh, HORROR! This is clearly a travesty of untold proportions! The typo gods truly have brought their wrath down upon this poor man!

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: September 28, 2010, 05:31:14 pm »

Looks like mind-control is crushing the counter-evolution. 21 hours till I move on though, other people might still want to vote.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: September 28, 2010, 05:35:15 pm »

A large wolf-like thing with spiked octopus tentacles, leaves, stalk-eyes, and the ability to speak. This is what can be accomplished with counter-evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 138