Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: COOP for Significant Others  (Read 3170 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: COOP for Significant Others
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2010, 11:32:29 am »

I'd suggest Sleep is Death. Not as morbid as it sounds, not sure if it's your thing, but you could do some nice romantic things with it:
http://www.sleepisdeath.net/
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2010, 11:58:31 am »

I don't know if it is networkable or not, but Trine is a pretty good co-op game, if one of you uses a gamepad.

The "New Super Mario Bros" is a hell of a lot of fun to play with the wife, if you have a Wii, I recommend it.

My wife and I also always enjoyed Heroes of Might and Magic. I think #4 is her favorite (She likes to play the elf race, poor confused girl). Also Worms is generally good for a laugh.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2010, 12:03:54 pm »

How do you play M&M Co-Op? Might you be thinking of HoMM?

EDIT: Oh! Castle Crashers is great fun if you have a XBox.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 12:08:23 pm by Hugehead »
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2010, 01:20:37 pm »

*cough*
My wife and I also always enjoyed Heroes of Might and Magic.

Anyway, why hasnt Left 4 Dead been mentioned already?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2010, 02:05:41 pm »

Not that I've ever actually played SS13, though I did try, only to find that the character creation window never pops up and that the game has half-minute lag. How it can lag like that is beyond me; either it's truly a paragon of horrible network programming, BYOND is just shitty like that, or both.

There's an extensive amount of stuff going on at once. You probably went on right as the atmosphere started flying out of every window on the ship.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2010, 02:18:30 pm »

*cough*
My wife and I also always enjoyed Heroes of Might and Magic.

Anyway, why hasnt Left 4 Dead been mentioned already?

Depends on her tolerance for gore. Even with the use of "-lv", it's still a fairly violent FPS. On the flip side, it's an excellent co-op game, and Valve claims that it maintains a higher female population than most online games, so it might be worth a shot.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2010, 05:49:35 pm »

I don't know about the OP but my wife sucks at twitch games, gets furstarted easy, and feels really really bad if she causes us to lose. All of those speak against Left 4 dead or Alien Swarm, both of which are good co-op games.

I will, however, add Gears of War to the list and Halo 1. In both of these games one player could die without any consequences. A lot of times I'll be taken out in GoW and she will save the day. Same in Halo 1. In Halo 2 if either of you die you have to go back to the last check point.

For those of you who are wondering, I have found the trick to getting your GF/Wife/Significant Other to enjoy playing games with you when they don't generally enjoy them is patience. You have to go into the game with a completely different additude. I always wanted to play Halo on Legendary, but my wife would just die over and over, so instead of playing how I wanted to play, I bumped it down to easy and changed my goal from winning to having fun/keeping her alive. Now you can spend time with her, doing something she finds entertaining and you don't even have to watch Twlight!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »

Any of the beat-em up games are good co-op fun.

Gauntlet Legends
Marvel Alliance 1 & 2
X-men Legends 1 & 2
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks (shared health bar in this one, might want to avoid it :P)
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2010, 07:04:56 pm »

I'm never playing a beat-em-up/fighting game with my gf ever again.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2010, 07:08:55 pm »

I will, however, add Gears of War to the list and Halo 1. In both of these games one player could die without any consequences. A lot of times I'll be taken out in GoW and she will save the day. Same in Halo 1. In Halo 2 if either of you die you have to go back to the last check point.

Have you tried online multiplayer? You can putter around in a jeep with a machinegun on it, it's really fun when you have 2-3 people who can communicate well enough to stay in the car and shoot everything that moves.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2010, 09:14:15 pm »

I'm never playing a beat-em-up/fighting game with my gf ever again.
Me neither.

Out of curiosity... who won?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2010, 02:23:59 am »

I used to play beat-em-ups with my girlfriend, but she finally called the cops.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2010, 04:03:27 am »

Not that I've ever actually played SS13, though I did try, only to find that the character creation window never pops up and that the game has half-minute lag. How it can lag like that is beyond me; either it's truly a paragon of horrible network programming, BYOND is just shitty like that, or both.

There's an extensive amount of stuff going on at once. You probably went on right as the atmosphere started flying out of every window on the ship.
This was at/immediately before the start of the game. In addition to the other times I tried, where it was probably the middle of the game. It consistently refused to even open up the character creation window, or even manage to keep the playerlist on.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2010, 04:09:19 am »

Must be on your end, I've never had it that bad.

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2010, 09:28:28 am »

Me and my wife loved to play Diablo 2 with each other.
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 [2] 3