Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: COOP for Significant Others  (Read 3158 times)

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
COOP for Significant Others
« on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:24 pm »

For some reason it seems like good coop is an untapped market? So, looking for something the girlfriend can play on her laptop with me on the desktop. We have enough lewdness, thank you very much, so avoid the jokes.

Something that won't make us hate eachother. SS13 is a no-go, gents. Transformice is cute, but there really isn't time for building strategies and communicating.

~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
Re: COOP for Significant Others
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2010, 10:19:59 pm »

You could always pick a cute korean mmo that has marriage bonuses. There are quite a few of them around.

Kusgnos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2010, 10:21:37 pm »

Yeah, I actually searched far and wide for something like this. I recall playing some MMO style RPG on Kongregate with mine, but that kind of fell off when they reset the server. Good luck, though!

Ssiissuu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 11:14:36 pm »

Checkout Co-Optimus, they're not the be all of coop gaming but you might be surprised at what you might find while browsing the site, titles you might otherwise have overlooked lacking the explicit need for coop. Not sure if it'll have the sort of couples games you're after, owing that we've no idea what sort of games your SO is into.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2010, 11:17:39 pm »

You will actually love your girlfriend more after playing SS13. It's all the strangers doing random shit or getting you caught in their stupid mistakes that you'll hate, and often.

Not sure on any co-op games for PC. Maybe team up in Civ or Starcraft, if you're looking for strategy?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Ignus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • What would Conan do?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2010, 11:25:42 pm »

Me and the boyfriend play Europa Universalis 3 mostly. It's pretty calm, deep and if you play it as allies there is very rarely any reason to dump each other.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2010, 11:53:33 pm »

Realm of the Mad God is quite fun when you're playing it with someone you know, if either of you dies the other can save the loot, for instance.

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2010, 01:10:07 am »

Hmm. Thanks guys- co-optimus is helping with going through the list. So far, guildwars has been the only game we coop well on. Diablo2 would probably be more fun... but I can't find my copies o.O

Tried to get her into RotMG a while back: she gave me the "you just like crap graphics" look. And then promptly dropped the bias to try the ever-cute Transformice.
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2010, 01:31:53 am »

I forgot what I was going to say..
But it was something, so consider this a bump, and I'll edit my post later.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2010, 01:41:42 am »

MAngband is pretty co-opish. Sadly, it's a real-time roguelike with no graphics to speak of, and there's grinding everywhere. Text grinding.

It has the learning curve and autism of a roguelike and all the reflex twitching of a shooter!!

Maybe you guys could play a shooter, if you're into that sort of thing. Some of those (Halo) really reward teamwork and communication well.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2010, 02:04:28 am »

hellmoo!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 02:08:22 am »

hellmoo!
Her: "What the fuck is this this guy is raping me!"
OP: "Don't worry, I'll save you!"
Hellmooplayer: "I don't think so"
They both get raped.
I don't think it's a great idea.

HS_Roo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 10:37:26 am »

Try minecraft with just the two of you! I like doing that :D

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2010, 10:42:20 am »

Seconding Minecraft, creative is great fun right now but when SMP is full it will be better than creative by a few miles.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2010, 11:02:52 am »

You will actually love your girlfriend more after playing SS13. It's all the strangers doing random shit or getting you caught in their stupid mistakes that you'll hate, and often.
It's weird how much rage and drama SS13 kicks up, when HellMOO, a game wherein you are basically encouraged to fuck everyone up and dick around in ways that end disastrously for everyone around you. It's probably derived from SS13 being anti-dicking around so it a) makes people think the game is safe from dicking around, b) draws in the kind of people that will whine and bitch about anything and everything, and c) rewards people for being oversensitive and whiny by banning anyone that fucks around, or just isn't competent enough, thus making them even more oversensitive and whiny.

Not that I've ever actually played SS13, though I did try, only to find that the character creation window never pops up and that the game has half-minute lag. How it can lag like that is beyond me; either it's truly a paragon of horrible network programming, BYOND is just shitty like that, or both.

hellmoo!
Her: "What the fuck is this this guy is raping me!"
OP: "Don't worry, I'll save you!"
Hellmooplayer: "I don't think so"
They both get raped.
I don't think it's a great idea.
HellMOO isn't nearly that bad, unless you're obnoxious enough to draw attention to yourselves from people who shouldn't even know you exist.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.
Pages: [1] 2 3