Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 84066 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Paul Atreides VS Ezio Auditore
« Reply #810 on: October 30, 2010, 04:31:29 pm »

You know guys, SOMEBODY has to win this competition. I don't see why every time someone is able to win their round a bunch of people start bitching "OP OP OP."
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 30, 2010, 04:31:52 pm »

Wait, yes I do, it's because they refuse to accept a character they like losing to a character they don't know about.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 30, 2010, 04:53:45 pm »

If Armstrong makes it to fighting against Paul, I think he'd have a good chance at winning.
Wait a second, did that last fight get decided because Armstrong deconstructed his opponent? Is that not the cheapest ability ever? Control over matter itself?
well yeah technically, but armstrong could have won by dropping a rock on him though. the real reason he won is a) he's tough +good ranged attack and b) his enemy was under 2 feet tall.
plus deconstruction requires touching the target (to be fair i don't know if he can actually do that, all he does is shoot rocks at people really fast, and has never deconstructed a human in the series)
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 30, 2010, 04:58:19 pm »

*Shrugs*

I figured it was the first that won for him, not just deconstructing everything in sight.

But we're getting off-topic. This is about Paul's Victory <_<
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 30, 2010, 05:01:35 pm »

if paul passes this round he'll fight armstrong next, who already won his round
EDIT: just read vindicare assasin vs cat dude fight. made me kinda sad that nobody was arguing for the assasin, who (according to the info on his wiki page which i suppose nobody bothered to read or something) should have totally kicked the cats ass :( EDIT2: well in my opinion at least, but whatever he already lost.

i agree, they seemed to like the cat dude because of the millions of high tech gadgets he has

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 30, 2010, 05:17:45 pm »

Wait, yes I do, it's because they refuse to accept a character they like losing to a character they don't know about.
I don't know shit about Marx or Armstrong, I was just wondering how something like that slid by. We banned omniscience, why not omnipotence?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 30, 2010, 05:41:50 pm »

its not omnipotence, and if he was omnipotent he could just imagine his enemy out of existence (but he cant)
First of all armostrong can only transmute what he touches, second of all if hid gauntlets are messed up he basically loses all powers and is down to fistfighting.
and finally throught the whole series he is only shown to make rocks by punching them. although he probably COULD transmute someone, he has never done so and i doubt that he would start to do it in this fight.
there is also a kind of taboo around human transmutation (as well as messing up causing you to die/lose limbs)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 05:48:44 pm by lemon10 »
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 30, 2010, 06:26:21 pm »

I'm still kind of torn - I lwant both Paul and Ezio to win, and as I see it, there can't help but be a tie that ends in death for both.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 30, 2010, 06:37:41 pm »

Anyone who has both played the Assassin's Creed series and read the Dune novels (at least the first one anyway) should know how this is inevitably going to turn out.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 30, 2010, 08:13:45 pm »

Listen, it's not that Paul is going to win that bothers me. It's that he simply cannot lose. What is basic survival equipment in his universe is insta-win equipment in most any other universe.

To even hurt him you either need a gun that only other people from his universe have, or an energy source equivalent to the nuclear bomb. Of  course, you could throw him off a cliff--oh wait, repulsor stops his fall. Or you could crush him--oh wait, weirding way. Do you see why Paul really doesn't belong here yet?

And for the record, Armstrong normally doesn't kill humans. Only when going against a true abomination or monster would he consider deconstruction.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 30, 2010, 09:55:59 pm »

I don't recall anyone refuting him being in trouble if you threw him over a cliff, or knocked him into the water, or what have you.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 30, 2010, 10:11:06 pm »

he could use a suspendor if he was knocked of a cliff to negate the damage, if he fell into water he would just be in water, but he does know how to swim

HailFire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 30, 2010, 10:27:07 pm »

I don't recall anyone refuting him being in trouble if you threw him over a cliff, or knocked him into the water, or what have you.

Someone earlier mentioned that he'd pack a repulsor to deal with deadly falls. ninja'd

Also, a speed of 6-9 cm/second really isn't that bad, upon examination (especially for Ezio, as a dagger is described as the best weapon for circumventing a shield)-- go get a ruler and measure off 9 cm (about the length of your middle finger).

The problem with that, though, is that Paul has what is described as a completely perfect unarmed fighting technique (you can't really call it an art or a style at that point), which means that grappling (or really any attack moving slow enough to penetrate the shield) would be impossible without a surprise attack (which, as alluded to earlier, isn't likely).

Now that I think about it, wouldn't the very act of Paul striking out at someone with a fist/sword cause the air to move around his limbs fast enough to trigger the shield (making him virtually invulnerable)?

[22:59] <apotheoseGrifter> COMMIT SUDOKU ALL NIGHT LONG FUCK YEAH
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am here.
[18:14] <The_Gamemaster> I am always here.
[18:15] <The_Gamemaster> I have always been here, and I always will be here. I am the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 30, 2010, 11:54:11 pm »

What if we say that the shield can only move at the speed it will allow objects to pass through? So Paul keeps it up for exploration, but won't be teleporting without dropping it. Of course, The Wierding way beats assassin training without trouble, and Paul can still reasonable wield a ranged weapon, though not effectively at close range. It would at least give people a clue as to how to bypass the shield, and would force Paul to become somewhat vulnerable if he started moving faster than the eye can track...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 31, 2010, 12:27:51 am »

Seriously, the Wierding way or whatever it's called is bad enough as it is, but the shield combined with it makes it somewhat cheap. Apparently he becomes vulnerable when he's too fast to track? How exactly does that make it a fair contest? Just take away the shield and it would be a fair contest. Hell, Ezio could probably win at that point if it came to direct combat.

EDIT: Actually, would Eagle Vision allow Ezio to track Paul?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 98