Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98

Author Topic: Fight to the death the second: Round two  (Read 84022 times)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
Re: Fight to the death the second: Round one: Paul Atreides VS Ezio Auditore
« Reply #780 on: October 29, 2010, 05:35:21 pm »

well its a bit too late to kick paul out, and we already took out his largest advantage (his precience), next game the suggestor should give a link, and post in their suggestion a list of equipment and abilities that the person will bring or be able to use.
and no, it is mary sue, more info here lol http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue.

so are people still disputing that paul would beat ezio?

and yeah the sheild is overpowered, its invention pretty much ended conventional warfare and made pretty much every weapon obsolete.
the only way to deactivate a sheild without it blowing up is using a static generator the size of a island, maybe someone with electricity powers MIGHT be able to, but i don't think so.
electricity would be useless (and a railgun isn't electric), since im pretty sure the shield has 0 conductivity, meaning that it would just ground out.
im pretty sure a nuke could kill a sheild yeah (although i think it would make the shield blow up), but that would also kill the island
sheer force=cant kill sheild, since it operates on a molecular level, the best you could do would be hit it hard enough to blow your fist up
and hell, i don't know if a bomb at his feet WOULD kill him, im not quite sure on how much of it a shield would stop

and na he couldn't beat aizen, yeah he could negate his hypnosis thing, but he couldn't even see him due to him being made of spirit particles (and even if he could the speed difference is just way too big), hell i don't think even a lasgun could hurt aizen
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 29, 2010, 05:44:52 pm »

well its a bit too late to kick paul out, and we already took out his largest advantage (his precience), next game the suggestor should give a link, and post in their suggestion a list of equipment and abilities that the person will bring or be able to use.
and no, it is mary sue, more info here lol http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MarySue.

so are people still disputing that paul would beat ezio?

and yeah the sheild is overpowered, its invention pretty much ended conventional warfare and made pretty much every weapon obsolete.
the only way to deactivate a sheild without it blowing up is using a static generator the size of a island, maybe someone with electricity powers MIGHT be able to, but i don't think so.
electricity would be useless (and a railgun isn't electric), since im pretty sure the shield has 0 conductivity, meaning that it would just ground out.
im pretty sure a nuke could kill a sheild yeah (although i think it would make the shield blow up), but that would also kill the island
sheer force=cant kill sheild, since it operates on a molecular level, the best you could do would be hit it hard enough to blow your fist up
and hell, i don't know if a bomb at his feet WOULD kill him, im not quite sure on how much of it a shield would stop

and na he couldn't beat aizen, yeah he could negate his hypnosis thing, but he couldn't even see him due to him being made of spirit particles (and even if he could the speed difference is just way too big), hell i don't think even a lasgun could hurt aizen

With his biggest advantage gone he's STILL crazy invincible to all but the most powerful abilities, which were stolen from the other contestants as a rule of entry. I call for disqualification a bit too often, I know, but I think in this case it's totally justified.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 29, 2010, 05:55:41 pm »

The Punisher beat Duncan Idaho, who was also using a shield and Duncan's one of Paul's teachers. Plus I did provide a description for Paul and a list of equipment. Nobody bothered to read it though :P

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 29, 2010, 06:13:23 pm »

The Punisher beat Duncan Idaho, who was also using a shield and Duncan's one of Paul's teachers. Plus I did provide a description for Paul and a list of equipment. Nobody bothered to read it though :P

Yeah, but Duncan wasn't a living god, and you may have noticed that everyone went and claimed bullshit when Duncan lost. No, Paul's just too nuts here.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2010, 06:16:26 pm »

Duncan had a busted shield that didn't work properly
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2010, 06:23:56 pm »

if you called disqualification at the start of this discussion that would be one thing, but this has been going on for pages and pages (and your calling disqualification after its clear the ezio stands no chance), in addition, idaho wasn't disqualified and he had the sheild (and lost with it), so im pretty sure its fair to say no disqualification at least at this point in the competition.

paul isn't a living god (at least at this point in the timeline), and yeah paul has some pretty crazy abilities, but he's already in the competition, and other people have crazy abilities as well
people claimed bullshit because the sheild in his competition wasn't understood right
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2010, 06:29:03 pm »

if you called disqualification at the start of this discussion that would be one thing, but this has been going on for pages and pages (and your calling disqualification after its clear the ezio stands no chance), in addition, idaho wasn't disqualified and he had the sheild (and lost with it), so im pretty sure its fair to say no disqualification at least at this point in the competition.

paul isn't a living god (at least at this point in the timeline), and yeah paul has some pretty crazy abilities, but he's already in the competition, and other people have crazy abilities as well
people claimed bullshit because the sheild in his competition wasn't understood right

Then tell me what can kill him that any character in this contest has access to, that Paul wouldn't counter because he knows everything about the enemy from his super-studying.

EDIT: And to make it clear, I am not calling for disqualification because it's clear Ezio can't win. I'm calling for disqualification because it's clear NOBODY can win.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 29, 2010, 06:55:41 pm »

i didn't read the lord zed discussion so im not sure if he has all his abilities, but he could summon a giant monster and have it fall on paul, even if paul kills it he couldn't stop it from falling on him

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 29, 2010, 06:57:24 pm »

i didn't read the lord zed discussion so im not sure if he has all his abilities, but he could summon a giant monster and have it fall on paul, even if paul kills it he couldn't stop it from falling on him

I'm pretty sure that it was decided Zedd won't be allowed to summon monsters. Would violate the one on one rule.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2010, 07:14:29 pm »

duncan could easily kill him with a lasgun (not that he would survive or anything)
didn't read john egberts fight so dont know where he is on the timeline, but a attack from the fear no anvil would probably allow him to kill paul

and finally, zod summoning creatures wouldn't break any rule, there is no one on one rule the closest is:
"8. ONE CHARACTER ONLY.  Mounts of the same caliber as a warhorse are allowed, if good reason is given. "
the only argument against it i could see would it being too overpowered

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2010, 07:16:49 pm »

and finally, zod summoning creatures wouldn't break any rule, there is no one on one rule the closest is:
"8. ONE CHARACTER ONLY.  Mounts of the same caliber as a warhorse are allowed, if good reason is given. "

That's what I meant by the one on one rule. Basically, summoning minions would count as having more than one character, so that rule would be violated.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 29, 2010, 07:17:23 pm »

duncan could easily kill him with a lasgun (not that he would survive or anything)
didn't read john egberts fight so dont know where he is on the timeline, but a attack from the fear no anvil would probably allow him to kill paul

Several things. First thing, is that no characters besides Duncan would have access to a lasgun.

Second, Fear No Anvil is a melee weapon. As much as I'd love it to, you lot keep saying how no amount of force generated could break the Holtzman shields. And since it's a hammer, brute force is its only option.

Finally, a monster big enough to crush Paul wouldn't be allowed, as that's a higher caliber than a warhorse.

Face it, the guy is and was designed to be a living god, even in his own world. He has no place here.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: October 29, 2010, 07:23:10 pm »

Simple fix: NO SHIELD. hell, he never uses the thing anyway (IIRC, the fremen (who he is allied to at this point) do not believe in shields or ranged weapons). Just because it exists does not mean he will definately use it.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 29, 2010, 07:30:40 pm »

but the fear no anvil has time powers, and is able to stun him, not with brute force, but with um... timeystuff, im not quite sure how it works, but im pretty sure it wouldn't need to break through his sheild to stun him
and it appears that your problem is with the sheild, not with paul in particular, and two characters with acess to it were accepted into this competition, and not one person said duncan should be disqualified during his fight
yes i know the sheild is crazy powerful, but it was fairly obvious that he would have the shield when he was accepted in, something that should have been considered long before the competition actually started, not after his first fight is all but decided

the fremen don't use sheilds because on dune a sheild attracts worms, which are giant monsters that can swallow you whole, not for any reason like fairness or honor
i see no reason NOT for him to bring a sheild, and at the point he is in, he isn't with the fremen since he gains limited prescience on dune and he has none right now, so currently he is alive just before moving to dune

and simple fix for ezio: take away all his weapons and armor. if we are taking away every ability and item that paul has, his opponent should be similarly disadvantaged

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 29, 2010, 07:40:45 pm »

if they were both dropped in with only the clothes on their back, then whoever has the most broken power would win (probably paul, with warpspam fisticuffs)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 98