Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53351 times)

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 1 - Aaaaaaany second now
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2010, 02:40:08 pm »

Firstly: I support the (unvote Dwarfguy2) Archangel lynch. He's likely third party, maybe mafia. I sure hope he isn't a jester, though that'd be hilarious (and effective!).

Onto Vector, you said this earlier:
... Scumhunting, sweetheart.  Scumhunting.

You find someone who has done something scummy.

You eat them.

If you are only attacking easily edible individuals because they're nice for your soft and easily upsettable stomach--you're still DOING IT WRONG.  There's plenty of other beginners in this game.  There's plenty of other lurkers, other people to pick on... but you focus on the one person who has posted precisely once.  You ignore everyone else, and when called on it, you go:

"GAH!  You--you caught me!  But I'm a noob, and you're big and dragon-like!  Just... just go leave me alone!"

Let me say this: the above makes little sense. There's certainly plenty of other lurkers and other people, but my goal was to incite a reaction in Dwarfguy2. If I go waving my vote around like it's nothing, then my targets too will understand that it's meaningless. A simple red name does not instill fear, it's the words that come with it, the promise of more votes to come if they don't react properly. To that end, if Dwarfguy2 notices that I'm attacking not just him, but everyone and everything indiscriminately, no longer has he been singled out -- no longer is my attention focused squarely on him and any mistakes he may make.

I can't pressure everyone simultaneously. It doesn't work like that. Instead I focused on one target, one scummy individual, all in an effort to provoke something, anything. He seems to have fled, so I'm guessing he's probably town (if he were mafia he'd be more interested in this game); perhaps he was below my skill level, perhaps my judgment was off, regardless I made a vote and stuck to it. You may recall the Toony Tunnel -- it's deadly effective against inexperienced scum because of the intense pressure that accompanies it. If you have someone hounding you for inextricable reasons, eyes on you and only you, ignoring everything else -- you're liable to make more mistakes or slip up.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2010, 02:50:07 pm »

And here's the thing: how can you hold the above opinions when you were telling Webadict and myself that it's scummy of us to focus on you?  Wouldn't that imply that you're cracking badly, based on your own metrics?

I mean... really.  Why shouldn't we lynch you?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2010, 03:19:52 pm »

And here's the thing: how can you hold the above opinions when you were telling Webadict and myself that it's scummy of us to focus on you?  Wouldn't that imply that you're cracking badly, based on your own metrics?

Because I'm town, of course (BZZRRRT). Oh, and because we have better targets. Beyond that, your entire argument against me was one that criticized my choice of target. I'm fine with you focusing on me, but you were focusing on me only because I attacked dwarfguy2 -- that's scummy. Your attack on me was entirely in response to my attack on dwarfguy2; you were very nearly defending him saying that he couldn't defend himself, which is precisely what one of his scumbuddies would do.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: September 08, 2010, 04:00:47 pm »

I'm fine with you focusing on me, but you were focusing on me only because I attacked dwarfguy2 -- that's scummy. Your attack on me was entirely in response to my attack on dwarfguy2; you were very nearly defending him saying that he couldn't defend himself, which is precisely what one of his scumbuddies would do.

Where did I say he couldn't defend himself?

I'm focusing on you because I feel like focusing on you, scumbucket.  Now quit squirming around and do something productive.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 08, 2010, 04:10:27 pm »

Because I'm town, of course (BZZRRRT). Oh, and because we have better targets. Beyond that, your entire argument against me was one that criticized my choice of target. I'm fine with you focusing on me, but you were focusing on me only because I attacked dwarfguy2 -- that's scummy. Your attack on me was entirely in response to my attack on dwarfguy2; you were very nearly defending him saying that he couldn't defend himself, which is precisely what one of his scumbuddies would do.
I was also not defending him but wondering in what way you intended to implicate or clear him.

Also, like it or not, scum tend NOT to defend their own and are more likely to defend Town instead. It makes them feel/look more Town. Just so you know.

Err. If you get bored you'll stop.

Okay, obvJester is obv. Look, if you're this cheerful when you're about to get lynched, there's no way in hell that you're anything BUT a Jester.

Only not requesting extension because more people being dead makes game easier to play D:

Unvote Zai, vote webadict. Yeah, I'm goin' there.

Why? you ask. Why would Bayer be so stupid? Ah, but that's exactly it - why would Webadict be so stupid as to 1. push a policy lynch, 2. push to lynch a player based on prejudices, and 3. lynch someone who is obviously not scum? The only solution is that he is scum, and that a Jester-lynch does no harm to him. Therefore he's glad to champion a mislynch cause that luckily enough fell into his lap. Hitting the easy/obvious targets is a classic scum maneuver, and there's certainly a healthy bandwagon for someone who's obviously excessively scummy.

Therefore, I challenge you, Webadict, to explain yourself. As violently as you care to, which will be quite violently I'm sure.
Also, if you're NOT going to extend to defend that point, then you ALSO believe that lynching Archangel is the right course of action or that lynching scum is not your first priority, since you don't believe he is scum (Or do you?)

By the way, you're pretty screwed no matter how you answer.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 1 - Replacement for maxicaxi needed
« Reply #410 on: September 08, 2010, 05:24:39 pm »

the "no edits" rule
There is, FWIW, no such rule listed in the head of this game.
[/quote]1) He had already been called out on editing several times by players telling him not to again, and him responding (each time?).
2) Pandar (the goddamned host) had already said "If he does it again I'll request a sub for him" after the 2nd time.

So yeah, I think he deserves to be replaced.

Also, if Arch is Jester, I will applaud him and a tradition will be made of lynching Jesters Day 1 in all 19 player games, especially those run by Pandar.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 1 - 17/19 alive - Oh my look at the time!
« Reply #411 on: September 08, 2010, 07:25:11 pm »

Oh my look at the time
Archangel - 5 - Webadict, Lonewolf I, ToonyMan, Zai, Mr.Person
Vector - 0 -
Mr.Person - 1 - Ottofar
Toaster - 0 -
Org - X
Lonewolf I - 0 -
Eduren - 0 -
ToonyMan - 1 - Toaster
maxicaxi - 0 -
Zai - 0 -
webadict - 1 - SirBayer
Rysith - 0 -
Ottofar - 1 - Rysith
dwarfguy2 - 2 - Nolor, Archangel
Jokerman-EXE - 0 -
IronyOwl - 0 -
SniHjen - X
Nolor - 2 - Vector, IronyOwl
SirBayer - 0 -

You gather around Archangel, raising your various weapons (mostly books. Hardcover books hurt...) as your approach.

"Guys, you know me; I'm not here to kill you all," he states calmly. You share concerned glances. You do all know him, after all.... Well. Reasonably well, anyway. You probably would've recognized him if he did something, right?

If worst comes to worst, he'll still be here tomorrow, probably. You all return to your homes, Archangel included.

Nobody has been lynched.

No gambler has profited.

Night ends in 24+ hours or whenever I have all actions.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 1 - 17/19 alive - Oh my look at the time!
« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2010, 10:31:17 am »

Well, so far it's looking like I haven't shot you all in the collective feet. I'll give another 26 or so hours minimum before inputting /none actions.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 1 - 17/19 alive - ... Need a replacement for [REDACTED]
« Reply #413 on: September 13, 2010, 07:36:03 pm »

ONE PLAYER isn't sending in his action. I won't say who for obvious reasons but a replacement would be good.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 1 - 17/19 alive - Whoooo things happening
« Reply #414 on: September 16, 2010, 05:18:15 am »

Moving to day soonish. :3
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Night 1 - 17/19 alive - Whoooo things happening
« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2010, 05:30:16 am »

You awaken to find two dead: Rysith and Toaster!

Rysith was a Survivor Gainax Ending!

In the end, everyone is Tang.

Super Saint, Tang (anyone who targets you becomes Tang; Tang retains its former alignment and has the Tang trait)

You are a Survivor

Toaster, on the other hand, was a town-aligned Hurricane of Puns.

Town: You win when all forces seeking the town's death are dead.

You are a master of punmanship.

1 extra vote for each 2 puns (day), NK immune if someone else makes a pun in response to yours.

Both of those effects last until the end of the appropriate phase.

Send me a PM quoting your puns to receive confirmation that you can use your new vote(s).

dwarfguy2 was modkilled and should never be allowed to join Mafia again for holding up this game for several nights despite repeated prods and the fact that he has been logged in!
Town: You win when all forces seeking the town's death are dead.
Inspect (night)

You are the leader of the local non-mafia-affiliated criminals in Troper Town. As such, you can use your contacts to investigate the alignment of other individuals. You have to protect your turf, after all, and the law-abiding citizens will be none the wiser for your help.

EHHHHHH I'M TIRED OF SENDING OUT PM HORDES IF YOU DIDN'T GET A PM IT MEANS YOUR ACTION SUCCEEDED I'M LAZY I LEAVE FOR COLLEGE IN 2.5 HOURS GOOD NIGHT EVERYBUBBLY
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 2 - 14/19 alive - dwarfguy2 banned forever
« Reply #416 on: September 19, 2010, 05:32:44 am »

Oh, and since Nolor was banned, I'm replacing him with Jim Groovester.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 19, 2010, 08:23:41 am »

Nolor got banned? What did he do?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: September 19, 2010, 10:04:49 am »

Also, just realized that whoever killed Rysith is now Tang.

I will laugh if it is the mafia, because they got Tanged AND killed the Survivor.

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2010, 10:56:09 am »

Bah!

What did I do? Why me?
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 33