Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33

Author Topic: BYOT mafia: Night 2 - 13/19 alive - Delicious  (Read 53405 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 1 - Replacement for maxicaxi needed
« Reply #390 on: September 08, 2010, 12:32:04 am »

maxicaxi: Not editing is important for purity's sake. That's why you're not supposed to edit AT ALL, FOR ANY REASON, even seemingly good or innocent ones like leaving out a period or putting the wrong person's name down.

That said, I'd be in favor of giving him another chance. He's slipping up, not breaking rules on purpose, and he hasn't done anything damaging yet. Also it's better for the subforum if we don't run off new players immediately.

Archangel lynch seems hasty to me, but the day's going to end soon and we've barely got any activity, much less support for further discussion.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: September 08, 2010, 12:44:59 am »

maxicaxi: Not editing is important for purity's sake. That's why you're not supposed to edit AT ALL, FOR ANY REASON, even seemingly good or innocent ones like leaving out a period or putting the wrong person's name down.

That said, I'd be in favor of giving him another chance. He's slipping up, not breaking rules on purpose, and he hasn't done anything damaging yet. Also it's better for the subforum if we don't run off new players immediately.

For what it's worth, his last edit was to fix a faulty tag that didn't cover the name of the person he was voting. I saw it before he changed it. Nothing damaging.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: September 08, 2010, 12:47:33 am »

No extension with 1 for and 1 against. I'll let maxicaxi stay for now, with the understanding of a modkill if he edits another post.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: September 08, 2010, 06:02:13 am »

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

(Nolor)

Get your ass in here and start scum-hunting, or so help me, it's pitchfork time.
Give me 12 hours. I was pretty busy yesterday what with high-school and all starting.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: Day 1 - Aaaaaaany second now
« Reply #394 on: September 08, 2010, 06:11:08 am »

You're lucky. I'm tired.

Day ends whenever I wake up.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: September 08, 2010, 07:33:00 am »

... I was going to Extend, but then I realized that we're lynching Archangel. How silly of me.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: September 08, 2010, 07:49:09 am »

Irony, I try to throw something together at night.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: September 08, 2010, 07:58:13 am »

Ottofar, you so scum.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: September 08, 2010, 08:03:45 am »

You'd think so... but no.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: September 08, 2010, 08:40:08 am »

Oh, we shall see.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: September 08, 2010, 11:34:22 am »

I'mc atching up guys I swear

God this is awful
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #401 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:57 pm »

Finally, I know I have a one-shot, both the dead players had one and Toony claims to have used one, so does anyone else have a one shot ability?
Rolefishing already? That's pretty low, man. Why would you need to know this anyway? It's pretty fucking obvious from the very sources you cited that people can have 1-shots. Why do you need to know this?
What I want to know is if everyone has a one-shot. Which is slightly different from what I asked. Plus, all I asked was if anyone else has one, not what it is.
Archangel: WHY ARE YOU STILL POSTING IN COLOR? STOP IT NOW! Unless you can explain why, then stop!
Like I said, I'm continuing because I want to. If I get bored with it, I'll stop.

Err. If you get bored you'll stop.

Okay, obvJester is obv. Look, if you're this cheerful when you're about to get lynched, there's no way in hell that you're anything BUT a Jester.

Only not requesting extension because more people being dead makes game easier to play D:

Unvote Zai, vote webadict. Yeah, I'm goin' there.

Why? you ask. Why would Bayer be so stupid? Ah, but that's exactly it - why would Webadict be so stupid as to 1. push a policy lynch, 2. push to lynch a player based on prejudices, and 3. lynch someone who is obviously not scum? The only solution is that he is scum, and that a Jester-lynch does no harm to him. Therefore he's glad to champion a mislynch cause that luckily enough fell into his lap. Hitting the easy/obvious targets is a classic scum maneuver, and there's certainly a healthy bandwagon for someone who's obviously excessively scummy.

Therefore, I challenge you, Webadict, to explain yourself. As violently as you care to, which will be quite violently I'm sure.
Dude, you don't want to be messing around with imperial assloads.  The conversion rate to horseloads is atrocious.
Rules are for suckers.

SirBayer

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Riflepenguin
    • View Profile
Re: BYOT mafia: 19 players and 3 gamblers
« Reply #402 on: September 08, 2010, 01:56:13 pm »

Been busy and taking it easy and having a hard time getting into this. Too damn long, for one thing.

ARCHANGEL: Why the fuck would you admit to lying about your "post restriction" if you're just going to keep using colors anyway?
<<de-aqua'd>>Because I did it out of a stupid impulse, I don't want to have to keep using colours, and I figured the sooner I told the truth, the less damage it would do.<<de-aqua'd>>
I understand the impulse thing, but why would you lie about it if you didn't want to always do it?

ToonyMan is being useless. Just thought I'd point that out.

Ottofar, you voted Mr.Person several (~8) pages back for lurking, then haven't done anything else as far as I can see (do correct me if wrong), but have been active enough to correct Pandarsenic in who you're voting for. Do you still think Mr.Person is lurking? Do you think he's lurking more than you are?

Hey, look who only pops up when called?

It's Batma- wait, no, it's IronyOwl.

F$#$ing owls.

((Whoops this was supposed to be part of the last post D:))
Rules are for suckers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: September 08, 2010, 02:35:18 pm »

SirBayer, are you using WIFOM to chainsaw defend Archangel?

I'm sorry, what's more scummy? My wanting to lynch Archangel, the lying post restriction lurker who sucks or your wanting to WIFOM the town by defending Archangel with WIFOM that will now thoroughly persist until he dies and flips anyhow, thereby always living when the Town is rushed into the noose, perpetuating a cycle of dead Town, WIFOM Archangel, and you defending?

I don't have anything to defend. If you lie, you die. If you want to defend lying, WIFOM jester speak, and chainsaw defending, that's cool with me. Oh wait, it's not. If you decide that nothing you have done is wrong, I will both assume the same thing of myself and assume that you have no idea what a scumtell is.

By the way, you just got burned.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: September 08, 2010, 02:38:15 pm »

No extension with 1 for and 1 against. I'll let maxicaxi stay for now, with the understanding of a modkill if he edits another post.
Ach, not more of this Benign Edit Hate! Before you knee-jerk Banhammer, at least recall the reason for the "no edits" rule, and judge accordingly.

Silly moderators.
There is, FWIW, no such rule listed in the head of this game.

Nor in the "Mafia: A basic tutorial" headpost.
Bring Your Own Role Trope Mafia. Basically, you pick the name of your role a Trope from TVTropes, and I pick how it acts and interacts with other roles. Any name shall do, and if it is obscure, a link to a data source might help. ...But please not TOO obscure.

This is otherwise known as U-Pick. I shall do my best to insure playability and avoid broken games.

Therefore, let's play!

As for rules:
PMing: Disallowed (Mafia ONLY)
Hammering: HELLS YES, interrupts deadline
Quoting Mod: ALWAYS Disallowed
Added by Pandarsenic: Roleblockers are immune to roleblocks used that night for the sake of avoiding paradoxen. However, certain types of roleblocks may circumvent this. PARADOXEN ARE FUN

Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 33