Poll

Blah.

blah?
- 0 (0%)
blah!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 285

Author Topic: YOU ARE WIZARD! - The Original!  (Read 212182 times)

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: YOU ARE WIZARD! - Whoa!
« Reply #600 on: September 24, 2010, 11:46:39 pm »

Rank 6 is fun, but rank 8 is wootastic. I'm mostly just taking my posts slower so I don't get constantly bombarded by magic vetoes again because people refuse to read the rest of the plans. I shall also stop suggesting we call it a day, but we need to eat. Like now.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 24, 2010, 11:48:06 pm »

(NOM!)
ok.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 24, 2010, 11:55:04 pm »

Now that we aren't in danger of starving anymore let's go improve relations with the peasantry.
For the children we'll perform simple psionics, and metamancy.
For the teens we'll teach them some of the basics of psionics(this will increase our skill slightly. Hopefully. Whatever Random.org decides?) so they can have something interesting to do.
For the adults and elderly we'll teach them how to use psionics for hauling jobs, some simple metamancy for making fire when low on firewood, and how to freeze water for storage purposes.
Hopefully doing this will make them think of us as the next village leader, and bring the nobility down in power. We may get some notoriety with the nobility and magic shop owner, but we have the dwarfs to defend us if need be.

Once we have that taken care of shall we begin training subject Beta so he can build up the stamina to resist the energy drain, and pain of the flowers?

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: September 25, 2010, 12:01:34 am »

No, do NOT teach other people magic.

Make automated doors that open when we get near and can lock on command or hostile intent? Start creating a blizzard above the town for the lolz.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 25, 2010, 12:03:28 am »

metamancy is NOT simple. We can do it because Blacksmith left his Adv. Metamancy equipment behind.
Psionics needs Focus, and magic ability. some might have it, most won't.
We aren't in a big enough town for nobility. the Mayor is still elected to the prime seat of power here, instead of undernoble's seat.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 25, 2010, 12:07:09 am »

Then rather than teaching haphazardly to others we scout talent, if any adults or elderly have talent we'll just teach them how to freeze small amounts of water for storage. Any kids with talent we will raise as successors.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 25, 2010, 12:12:02 am »

I lol'd at the minecraft reference in last update.

Anyways, teaching magic to anyone IS BAD IDEA! Lillipad, you seem to think we are naysayers for the fun of it. You are sadly mistaken. We would more than love to not have to say no to have the things you suggest, but we have had a reason to say no to everything we have said no to. Start taking into consideration what you are suggesting's implications and what they will cause in the future, and what is canon, and how fun they are, then we will let more things through. But think through what you are saying.

Today, we work on cryomancy. Make a floating icepath heading off into the forest, and shoot a few ice-5's in the direction of the Elves.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 25, 2010, 12:15:21 am »

I made a minecraft reference?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 25, 2010, 12:17:52 am »

huh. totally missed that. well, that'll do, though they're really more like powered minecarts right now.
Powered Minecarts

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 25, 2010, 12:23:05 am »

oh. :P by last update i thought you had meant the magic or the NOM ones.
What would Ice-5 do? thats only 2 tiers below Frost Nova (aka Ice7) on the scale.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: September 25, 2010, 12:29:46 am »

I'm suggesting these things because we've killed Vix once already, we need at least one successor to take over as a ghost in case we die again. I do however agree that killing elves is a good idea since the dwarven kingdom wouldn't have us indebted to them anymore.

I'm not saying you're naysayers trying to be constant downers on me, I'm just confused why you turn down the obvious things like eating, or training Beta/the Cryswarm. The enchantments I can understand since that was something of my own machination, but yeah. Eating. It took us nearly two days to get to that because of constant vetoing of my entire schedule. I DO think of the consequences of my actions, but if we can become the leader figure of this town's people we'd have the means of making a MAGIC village, then possibly start our magic KINGDOM. We'd have free allied people this way, and the magic shop owner would give us a constant supply of magic materials.

I'll be more clear in future postings of plans, and we can put off successor finding for now. I refuse to have us skip searching for those with mana though, we need to find possible threats, and such.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 25, 2010, 12:39:33 am »

What happens when our "successor" decides he's had enough of us? We don't need a successor. We can pop back into our body. We've already proven that.

Eating is implied. It doesn't need to be said. And it would be a bad idea for us to get attached to Subject Beta. The Subject is there for a reason. We could make another giant squirrel to be our lapdog, but not Subject Beta. As for the cryswarm, it doesn't need taming. We are it's creator. It has no reason to attack us, when we are it's only source of growth. And secrecy is important till we are skilled enough to take on our former teacher, or may be even the Blacksmith and live, preferably win. Becoming the leader of a magic town will probably gain their attentions, and worse people besides, and a magic kingdom definitely will.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: September 25, 2010, 12:49:56 am »

I didn't see you say no to scouting those with mana for safety.
We didn't pop back into our bodies, we electrocuted it back to life destroying our only real attackbot in the process. I'd say weakening the successor's soul, and increasing his mana reserves exponentially will be all that we really do with him at first.
And yes I realize that becoming the leader of a village would bring attention to Vix, but this village has no nobles, so becoming the leader should be fine, what does Random.org say Aklyon? Should we begin operation "village leader" soon, or wait until we have high psionics? (high number = wait, low number = begin within the week)
Beta doesn't need to be a guard squirrel, he just needs to be strong enough to have flowers all over him with little to no pain, and energy to spare. Unless you're suggesting making a subject Gamma, Delta, and Epsilon to guard the tower?(they'd retain their fur, have their flesh made resistant to weapons, and have their teeth hardened and sharpened)

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 25, 2010, 12:52:34 am »

Yeah, there is no need to give commands to eat. Did you ever see an update saying we were hungry? No? Then it doesn't matter. And the cryswarm can't even think for itself yet, so it's certainly not capable of hurting us.

Also: Teaching others magic: VERY BAD IDEA.

For now: build a computer!

I didn't see you say no to scouting those with mana for safety.
Yes, find those who are capable of magic... and make sure they aren't capable any more. We do NOT need competition.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 25, 2010, 12:53:16 am »

the eating probably has to do with the fact that there hasn't been an actual day/night limit, just doing stuff and some one eventually saying "should he eat now?", or that status thing I had at the bottom of the inventory when it was small. actually saying hungry, tired, etc. I'd re-add that, it was simple and would be that irritating, but I doubt people will look all the way down at the bottom of the Big inventory just for a tiny Status. Or like Bread said, implied if we have interesting things to try instead.
Sleeping/Passing out on the other hand, is used either for the few timed events we've had, or for special occasions, and thus is usually written in.

While asking people might come off as a bit off to the peasants, we could search passively for minions, though we don't really need them since we can make computers now; we can make us automaton minions, or make Claw The Pirate-Bot able to walk and ZAP!

You walk though town, noting who your Sense Magic picks up, except the shopkeeper that you already knew was a mage. There are about 500 peasants here, you only noted 12.

(Random.org apparently thinks that 1720 was all the luck ya'll would get for a while, 1-500 and we get a 12...)

Lilli, a successor is actually a decent idea, but once we reach Legendary +5 Metamancer (Rank 20), we'll pretty much be able to duel Sarda and win, or just reverse time/space and ignore the fact we were dead last post. It'll take massive reserves of mana, but theres a reason Metamancy is the hardest to level up.
I think Bread means Beta is a test subject, and only that. we've got 12 or so squirrels left, we could resize one to pet size if we want one.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 285