Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: How big is bay12  (Read 4796 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How big is bay12
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 02:43:32 am »

Actually, I've never checked out the Statistics Center page and it's pretty interesting. I'm kind of surprised to see you so strongly represented Josh. Maybe it's just you being less active than usual the last couple months.

I mean, you've started 209 topics. What the hell dude.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 02:44:34 am »

I've trawled the internet, following game development and artistic forums since... oh, since the days I played around with RPGMaker in middle school. This is the first place I've actually felt like I resonated with the community. I love Tarn's game development philosophies, and the people that this forum inexplicably attracts. It's like the comfortable small-town pub of the internet.

But yeah, I love the internet... for the first time in history, little pockets of people can gather regardless of geographical limitations, and nerd out over things silly and obscure, trade news, interests, and opinions, and share their talents and expertise for the enjoyment of people from all walks of life.

...though I might be being a tiny bit idealistic there.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2010, 02:50:06 am »

Actually, I've never checked out the Statistics Center page and it's pretty interesting. I'm kind of surprised to see you so strongly represented Josh. Maybe it's just you being less active than usual the last couple months.

I mean, you've started 209 topics. What the hell dude.

I used to be fairly high in the top 10 post count too, but then I took a hiatus from Bay12 to get some college work done, and everyone's since bypassed me by such a huge margin that it'd take some grossly liberal amounts of posting to get back up to my former position.

Not that any of it matters, it's all just petty forum abstractions afterall.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2010, 03:05:12 am »

Me and Toony are exchanging a barrage of posting blows with the hope of sinking on another.

It's amazingly interesting and relevant, really.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2010, 03:05:49 am »

I intend to annihilate you both under the sheer onslaught of my posting average.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 03:06:27 am »

Toady One is down to number ten. Mean wow. Good God, ya'll.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 03:16:21 am »

Seriously, Jack, you and Toony have simply insane post counts.

Well, then again, you have been here for two years. Still, that's a lot of posts.

I intend to annihilate you both under the sheer onslaught of my posting average.
Wow, and I thought I had a large post-per-day count.

Anyway, expect to see me on the "Most Time Online" section someday, possibly dethroning Jackrabbit. Because I've already got 68 days logged in despite being here for only half a year.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 03:18:41 am »

I'm sure the forum itself is the front of the community, but the other venues may add to it too.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 03:54:27 am »

I base the size of a forum on the post per day average, Bay12 is 1,600 posts a day I think.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2010, 04:24:02 am »

Wow, and I thought I had a large post-per-day count.

Anyway, expect to see me on the "Most Time Online" section someday, possibly dethroning Jackrabbit. Because I've already got 68 days logged in despite being here for only half a year.

Oh, I've no doubt you will. I'm not on as often anymore.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2010, 06:32:22 am »

Seriously, Jack, you and Toony have simply insane post counts.

Well, then again, you have been here for two years. Still, that's a lot of posts.
Look at me, I've been around for a little longer than Jackrabbit, and I've got what? ~900 posts? Though, I've only started posting avidly in the last few months.
Also, 68 days? Wow, that's insane, do you leave your browser open at night?

I've been to a few forums, this is the first one I've actually felt part of, and the first time get beat the 700 post mark. I joined a few smaller forums that were flooded with 4channers and facepunch chaps when they started to grow. Some were able to craw out of the pit due to a harsh moderation team and a rather elitist community, while others slowly choke and die. Anyway, yeah, bay12 is awesome, full of mature chaps that don't spam those ascii penises (y'know these 8==D) everywhere. I love you guys, all of you.

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 06:48:02 am »

290 days ! ive got 5 and ive been here almost 2 years.

this stats page is pretty interesting Bay12 has rougly doubled since 2008.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 08:13:12 am »

The time logged in statistic is skewed by the fact that it counts time that you have been active, and determines activity by if, on opening a page, you have opened a page in the last (10?) minutes, so even if you have your browser open, when reading long posts, you might take too long and not gain anything for your time.
Eh?
Eh!

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 11:04:53 am »

You dudes are a great bunch. Funny thing is, most of the people I hang out with IRL are either jocks or greasemonkeys. Not really internet people. Almost every other internet community I've been part of has been filled with egoistical pricks or creepy otaku/furry types. Then again, I was never really active in any community before this one. Thanks guys. Thanks for showing me that there is an oasis of sanity on the internet.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Lumbajak

• Bay Watcher
  • They call me Jude
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 11:12:41 am »

You dudes are a great bunch. Funny thing is, most of the people I hang out with IRL are either jocks or greasemonkeys. Not really internet people. Almost every other internet community I've been part of has been filled with egoistical pricks or creepy otaku/furry types. Then again, I was never really active in any community before this one. Thanks guys. Thanks for showing me that there is an oasis of sanity on the internet.
This sounds like me exactly, with a large emphasis on the middle part :(

But yes DF seems to have the one someone decent forum on the internet. Just like how there's probably a hidden Counterstrike server where not everyone is a jerk.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4