Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: goblinite  (Read 2426 times)

FallingWhale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: goblinite
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2010, 07:40:32 pm »

Good luck getting the goblinite from them; they'll be in full steel.
Quote from: Spambot
Becoming a software engineering is not a piece of cake that you can slice it off a plate and gorge on it.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2010, 07:42:58 pm »

I can confirm that tags like NO SLEEP and SPEED:0 work on existing creatures on the map.

You can remove their brains, arms, and all sorts of things like that as well. (It's part of a horrible cheat-ey way to regrow lost limbs and remove unhealable brain/spine damage).  Eyes, too. If you say want them to not see all the gophers running around while they build the "Anti-Gopher-Sighting Screening Wall", then removing their eyes will do it... All horribly cheat-ey. I avoid doing anythng that drastic, personally. The no eat/sleep/drink/bleed speed:0 dwarves are great for building megaprojects that you intend to live in later. ("THe Chosen Ones returned to normal, after building the edifice to ARmok")

hehe. that was my first thought, too.

EDIT:
what does speed 0 do?

Speed 0 is the Absolute Zero of creature speed. It is the fastest anything in DF can move.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:44:36 pm by Flaede »
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2010, 07:43:58 pm »

what does speed 0 do?
Makes them move and act super fast.

Usage:
Code: [Select]
[SPEED:0]Throw it in the dwarf entry in creature_standard. Its fun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2010, 07:44:37 pm »

it would not take effect on existing dwarves, but would affect new dwarves right?, and all this should be done under the saves raw files

I haven't tried it myself so I wouldn't know. But it'll either be one or the other, so it'll work in a partial sense whatever happens.

I was always advised against using SPEED:0 as SPEED:1 is likely a little less buggy.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2010, 07:47:22 pm »

I can confirm that tags like NO SLEEP and SPEED:0 work on existing creatures on the map.

You can remove their brains, arms, and all sorts of things like that as well. (It's part of a horrible cheat-ey way to regrow lost limbs and remove unhealable brain/spine damage).  Eyes, too. If you say want them to not see all the gophers running around while they build the "Anti-Gopher-Sighting Screening Wall", then removing their eyes will do it... All horribly cheat-ey. I avoid doing anythng that drastic, personally. The no eat/sleep/drink/bleed speed:0 dwarves are great for building megaprojects that you intend to live in later. ("THe Chosen Ones returned to normal, after building the edifice to ARmok")

hehe. that was my first thought, too.

EDIT:
what does speed 0 do?

Speed 0 is the Absolute Zero of creature speed. It is the fastest anything in DF can move.

can you kind of explain the process to heal nerve injuries, and lost limbs cause ive been trying to heal one of my dwarves that got their motor nerves in the leg severed.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:51:15 pm by meowmix »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2010, 07:56:51 pm »

can you kind of explain the process to heal nerve injuries, and lost limbs cause ive been trying to heal one of my dwarves that got their motor nerves in the leg severed.

Like I said, I avoid doing it, myself. (I tried it out once, felt dirty after, never used it again).
Basically, how it works is that while DF is closed, you remove the offending bodypart entirely. From all dwarves. Via the RAWs. You then reopen DF (can't change the raws while it is open. Bad things happen). ALL dwarves will have no spine/brain/leg/eyes/whatever-it-was. A fortress of gimps, basically (oh! the job-cancellation spam you'll get!). Make sure before you do this, that doing so wont kill everybody. (And I am not the person to ask about that, but if you remove brains, add a NO BRAIN tag. Lungs, NO BREATHE). SAVE. Re-edit the raws to re-add the missing pieces. Re-open and they will all have brand-spanking new spines/brains/legs/eyes/whatever-it-wases.

This worked perfectly before the new releases, but I am not sure whether it can still be used with impunity.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2010, 07:57:36 pm »

do i edit the body_default.txt? to remove legs and stuff, i just tried it and it crashed my game i think

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2010, 08:01:03 pm »

do i edit the body_default.txt? to remove legs and stuff

No. You edit the DWARF creature in the creature raws. I think it is in the standard creature_standard.txt. (I play the Genesis mod, things are all different in there). You can't remove/add entire ENTRIES from the raws for a current world. That will make bad things happen, you could end up in Fluffy Wambler Fortress. No kidding.

Also, editing the body part raws will make EVERYTHING using those body parts change  (imagine me waving my arms in the air in alarm, here).  You would be surprised how many creatures use a modified Humanoid body plan. And that's if it even works, that may be part of the "un-editable without re-genning" files.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:03:05 pm by Flaede »
[/quote]

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2010, 08:03:21 pm »

yea i play the genesis mod too, its just that i dont see anything to do with legs in

[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREASTS]

when looking at creature_genesis.txt
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:05:33 pm by meowmix »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2010, 08:05:58 pm »

The issue is that there's a bodypart which covers all of the main humanoid limbs (namely HUMANOID). You'll have a hard time getting rid of that for dwarfs alone. You could, I suppose, rewrite them so that dwarfs have all the right bodyparts independently of the HUMANOID part, but that'd take you a bit of work.

Edit: Hm. Looking at that, isn't it possible to remove tags after adding them, or is that just for templates?
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:07:30 pm by 3 »

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 08:09:45 pm »

The issue is that there's a bodypart which covers all of the main humanoid limbs (namely HUMANOID). You'll have a hard time getting rid of that for dwarfs alone. You could, I suppose, rewrite them so that dwarfs have all the right bodyparts independently of the HUMANOID part, but that'd take you a bit of work.

so what i was looking for was actually in the body-default.txt then? which i cant actually edit. also i tried removing the has nerves tag but that didnt do anything for my nerve damaged dwarf so i dont think i could do that
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:12:29 pm by meowmix »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 08:12:23 pm »

Sort of. What I'm saying is that you could edit dwarfs to use seperate ARMS, LEGS, HEAD etc tags instead of the HUMANOID one (which includes everything). Then you could remove anything you wanted. But you would have to create new bodyparts to do that (or at least new joints).

If you're just having trouble with a brain-damaged dwarf, you can just try adding NO_THOUGHT to the creature entry, removing the BRAIN tag, starting the game, saving and quitting, then going back and adding brains again/removing NO_THOUGHT.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:15:36 pm by 3 »

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2010, 08:14:36 pm »

Sort of. What I'm saying is that you could edit dwarfs to use seperate ARMS, LEGS, HEAD etc tags instead of the HUMANOID one (which includes everything). Then you could remove anything you wanted. But you would have to create new bodyparts to do that (or at least new joints).

could i just copy and paste the [BODY:HUMANOID] stuff under body_default.txt and rename it something like [BODY:DWARF] and remove the legs? and change
[BODY:HUMANOID:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRA

IN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREASTS]

to

[BODY:DWARF:2EYES:2EARS:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRA

IN:SKULL:5FINGERS:5TOES:MOUTH:FACIAL_FEATURES:TEETH:RIBCAGE:FEMALEGEN:2BREASTS]

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2010, 08:16:23 pm »

Well, yeah, you could do that. You might get errors when the game tries to make joints in the nonexistent legs, but I don't think that'll cause many problems.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 08:19:01 pm »

Well, yeah, you could do that. You might get errors when the game tries to make joints in the nonexistent legs, but I don't think that'll cause many problems.

Yea i got a game crash, from trying to do it. ugh, trying to modify the joints now

bleurggg it isnt wurking ;(( i keep getting crashes
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 08:25:04 pm by meowmix »
Pages: 1 [2] 3