Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: goblinite  (Read 2438 times)

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
goblinite
« on: August 30, 2010, 04:00:25 pm »

is there a way to mod goblins so that they wear steel and metal armor rather than the copper  and leather stuffs?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: goblinite
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 04:44:08 pm »

Add METAL_PREF to their entity raw entry.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 04:44:35 pm »

do i have to regen my world for the goblins to start bringing actual metals?

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 05:00:07 pm »

If you edit the raw files within your save folder it will take immediate effect.
Diggy diggy hole.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2010, 05:10:21 pm »

Not with anything concerning entities they shouldn't. So yeah, you'll need a new world.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2010, 05:53:06 pm »

If you edit the raw files within your save folder it will take immediate effect.

hum i just got 2 conflicting answers, but ive been tinkering with the save files raws, for nerve damage healing and stuff and those dont seem to take effect.  So how do i know what kinds of things requires a world regen and which ones do not.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 05:59:10 pm »

You should listen to 3, he knows more about it than I do. :)
Diggy diggy hole.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 06:13:38 pm »

Generally stuff applied to existing creatures will work (I'm not sure about the tissue stuff you're talking about, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work) without generating a new world. Things that have an effect during worldgen and on worldgen itself (entities, reactions, and a couple of other things) require another worldgen. Most of it should be in the stickied topic above you.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 06:51:36 pm »

I'd imagine that METALPREF would also need a regen.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2010, 07:27:32 pm »

Generally stuff applied to existing creatures will work (I'm not sure about the tissue stuff you're talking about, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work) without generating a new world. Things that have an effect during worldgen and on worldgen itself (entities, reactions, and a couple of other things) require another worldgen. Most of it should be in the stickied topic above you.

i remember reading somewhere that changes to creature raw files only apply to new dwarves that i get later from migrant waves or birth, and dont affect the dwarves that i already have. can anyone confirm whether or not this is correct
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 07:34:09 pm by meowmix »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »

It depends. Tags that are saved as part of the individual (appearance modifiers, maybe materials, tissues and the like) most likely need new creatures. Creature/caste-level tags (say, NO_EAT/NO_DRINK/NO_SLEEP) shouldn't.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2010, 07:34:18 pm »

also i was reading that post about what requires a world gen, what do they mean by entity files. or entities in general, is that just my creature.txt stuff?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2010, 07:36:09 pm »

No, that's the stuff in the entity_default file, which handles how civs work.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2010, 07:36:23 pm »

I can confirm that tags like NO SLEEP and SPEED:0 work on existing creatures on the map.

meowmix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2010, 07:38:28 pm »

so if i wanted to do

If you want your dwarves to heal nerve damage, go into the raw, find the tissue_template_default and set [HEALING_RATE:100] to the NERVE_TEMPLATE.

Source: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Wound#ixzz0y8i1A3Iy

it would not take effect on existing dwarves, but would affect new dwarves right?, and all this should be done under the saves raw files

edit
what does speed 0 do?
Pages: [1] 2 3