Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28965 times)

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #240 on: November 15, 2010, 08:17:53 am »

(Woah, that was a relatively fast reply, I got used to having to wait for a week at the least before an update on this thread)

Xavius decides to try his luck once more, and runs back into the forest. Though he doesn't really have a large repertoire of spells to try a different approach.

(I try again with the same spells)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 15, 2010, 01:14:44 pm »

(the RNG favors you...)
Xavius finds a much larger creature this time: A minotaur. This one doesn't go down from his first surprise attack, and even manages to strike back several times before Xavius gets a lucky shot at it's head. After taking some time to heal his wounds Zavius begins dragging the corpse back to the tournament grounds.

The minotaur is enough to get Xavius first place, and as the sun sets he is awarded his prize: a simple wizard's staff, lacking in decoration, but capable of holding a small reserve of magical energy that the wielder can use at any time.

The next day of the tournament begins, and as the wizards assemble the next contest is announced: Today's prize has been placed at the bottom of a deep lake not far from the academy. The first to get it wins.(Poltifar, you can choose whether or not you want to join this one as well)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 15, 2010, 02:42:57 pm »

I would join the tournament today, but I just don't have time. Perhaps tomorrow.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 15, 2010, 03:42:53 pm »

Xavius hears the announcement of the second challenge, scratches his head, then shrugs. He'll give those silly academy mages a chance to redeem themselves by not participating himself in this next challenge. Besides, who knows what filth lies in the water, ready to ruin his beautiful cape.

Thus, he heads back home for the day.

(Skip day, go back next day for the next challenge. Does this day count as a turn I can use to send an action by PM?)
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 15, 2010, 05:30:22 pm »

(Skip day, go back next day for the next challenge. Does this day count as a turn I can use to send an action by PM?)
Yep. Every turn is one in-game day. Meaning the tournament will last 7 turns.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 15, 2010, 08:02:44 pm »

Did you get my PMs?
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 15, 2010, 09:43:46 pm »

I can Participate in this round right???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 15, 2010, 11:02:40 pm »

Yeah. Anyone can spend their turn in the contest, same as any other adventure... well, unless your character is far away from the starting area.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 15, 2010, 11:40:32 pm »

Well, I'm fairly sure my action for today is done, but I'll be waiting until the third competition is announced before I decide my next action.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 15, 2010, 11:52:01 pm »

Well, I'm fairly sure my action for today is done, but I'll be waiting until the third competition is announced before I decide my next action.
Actually no... I might not have been clear enough: It's a new turn, you get another action.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 16, 2010, 11:53:58 am »

I hire a boat, go out to where the artefact is under, and rise it up on a pillar of rock so I can just grab it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 16, 2010, 12:14:43 pm »

The contestants head to the lake and begin their various attempts at reaching the prize first. Several get small boats and paddle out to the middle of the lake, but none of them are able to spot their goal from the surface. a few try to jump in and swim to the bottom, but find that the water has suddenly become alive, pushing them out as soon as they break the surface.

No one has claimed the treasure yet... mainly because no one has any idea what it looks like!

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 16, 2010, 04:59:40 pm »

I dont need to see it, I just need to know the aproximate location, wich i do: the middle of the lake. If i have to create an arteficial island than so be it.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 16, 2010, 05:20:51 pm »

So if the contestants don't succeed, the academy mages will just leave the prize down there?

The fishermen must have gotten a lot of money today.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 16, 2010, 05:31:19 pm »

I dont need to see it, I just need to know the aproximate location, wich i do: the middle of the lake. If i have to create an arteficial island than so be it.
It's at the bottom. Not the middle.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 25