Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Masters of magic.  (Read 28930 times)

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
Re: Masters of magic.
« Reply #210 on: October 13, 2010, 09:29:57 pm »

I'll be out of sight, but in multiple minds. It's really just more of the same, but I expect we will have a challenge soon to get us all on our toes.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 14, 2010, 07:46:44 am »

Almost forgot... You two are in, but I forgot to send you your starting spells when I did the turn. I'll have them to you in a couple hours.(got to get to class for now)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 15, 2010, 01:17:05 am »

Um I forget, am I spos to PM what I want to do? And do I get an action for this turn???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 15, 2010, 04:47:15 am »

Yes and yes, look to the first post to see what actions are available to you. I recall a rule somewhere that you need a proper study and maybe a library and/or laboratory to get a full 3 spells from one action, although I could be wrong about that. But basically there is an academy that is no longer doing business, at least with us. And a town that most have visited. and finally some stone towers have been springing up around the place.

You can Gather information, to, well, acquire information.

Adventure, to do something.

Or study magic, to learn new spells.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 15, 2010, 01:51:03 pm »

Bored with simply staying at home studying spells ("That is EXACTLY what those academy wimps would do!"), Xavius sets out into the city wearing his most pompous clothes to see this "riot" for himself.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 22, 2010, 09:28:35 pm »

Back! After far too long a hiatus... Midterms and then lack of access to my laptop, bluh.

Nothing newsworthy happened today. The mages continued their studies uneventfully.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 23, 2010, 09:32:56 am »

Xavius finds out that the city is even more boring than staying at home. Might as well go study new spells now.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 23, 2010, 01:16:59 pm »

Absolutely and completely nothing. I didn't know incredible amounts of magical power could do that. It's utterly horrifying.

I have a long day ahead of me, best get started.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 23, 2010, 03:43:09 pm »

The Power Word: Eternity of Torment spell still eludes me. I have plenty of other spells, but nothing quite so fun. (Although I admit, Fun-Time Suicide is a potent spell. It's a pity I don't have it. All I can do is guess, and hope that it doesn't leave me only halfway dead.)

I must now continue in my quest to achieve vaguely defined goals by creating strange spells.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 23, 2010, 04:29:54 pm »

Some information about the town most of you are in:(by "most" I mean everyone who hasn't specifically left the vicinity of the academy.)

The town is on relatively flat land, with no walls or anything to defend it. It's too small and removed from any large cities to need any real defense.

Population is about 2000-3000.

The season is spring.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2010, 10:11:13 pm »

Still don't have an action from Armok(not the main reason for the delay... Busy week, had 3 tests). Also, I discussed some stuff about the elemental magic with Nivm over PM that should probably be posted here... though I seem to have deleted the page from my sent items. So, Nivm, could you post the stuff about the indeterminacy of the system?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2010, 10:23:24 pm »

This it?
Quote from: Dragnar
Since I can't give examples from this system, here's one from the old one. It's pretty different, and much simpler, so it doesn't give anything away. Not to mention I posted how it worked back when we switched to the new  system.

element (element)|effect(effect)|target
Each word had only one very specific effect, but those effects were things like "life", "destruction", or "infusion". The general effect of the spell is never in question, but the specifics of how it works are up to me. Depending on my thought process a spell could range from being a ball of healing fire to a spell that restores the target's energy with the fire being only symbolic. But it will always be a targeted healing spell with a fiery aspect to it. The effect will be the same, only the fluff is changed.

I only really get confused when spells have contradictions in them... Armok made a spell in which almost everything canceled out, leaving me with a spell that was somehow equal parts creation, destruction, and non-destructive force. THAT took some thought to get right.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2010, 02:44:14 pm »

**** sorry guys I mst have missed the new turn begining or soemthing. This thread really neads more clear anouncments.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 30, 2010, 03:01:09 pm »

That, or you could read what's been written above. You should have gotten a private message about your actions anyway.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 30, 2010, 05:38:24 pm »

This seems cool, add me to the waiting list for now (although i have doubts about weather ill ever get in).
also , it would be cool if you would raise the player limit from six, yeah i know its a bit late in the game, but that would be awsome (although unlikley :()
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25