Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 930463 times)

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: And then there were two (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1590 on: August 11, 2011, 03:57:41 am »

I request redorfing when you get migrants.  Another Aussie Dwarf (or That Aussie Dwarf? If it can do characters)

Another Aussie Dwarf, Yet Another Aussie Dwarf, Even More Aussie Dwarf, Return of Aussie Dwarf, Aussie Dwarf: The Reckoning, Aussie Dwarf: Reloaded, Aussie Dwarf II: Plump Helmet Boogaloo, Here's More Aussie Dwarf, Aussie Dwarf: Salvation, Aussie Dwarf: Revolutions, Aussie Dwarf Prime, The Real Aussie Dwarf.....

Who told you about my other aliases?!

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: August 11, 2011, 04:06:09 am »

Soooo... what happens if everyone in the fortress becomes an enemy? Also, do enemies fight between themselves?...

Mormota

• Bay Watcher
  • Necron Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: August 11, 2011, 04:50:27 am »

Last entry of the Journal of Mormota II

I don't know what day it is. I don't know what season it is. Ever since I arrived here, in this blasted hellhole, I saw nothing but death and madness. It is creeping upon me as I write. I killed. I saw blood in my time, but this place is far worse. Every day I spent here was a living nightmare, waiting to wake up but salvation remaining nothing but a faint wish. From the three of us that managed to survive the trip here, only I am still alive.

They died so long ago. I can't even remember their names. I think one of them was a woman. She died fast. I wish that was me. This is my last day in this world. Today, it will end, one way or other. But I shall face it proudly, and even though nobody will remember me, I will earn my place at the hand of Armok!

(For my inevitable death.)
Avid Aurora player, Warhammer 40.000 fan, part-time writer and cursed game developer.
The only thing that happened in general was the death of 71% of the fort, and that wasn't really worth mentioning.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: August 11, 2011, 04:58:36 am »

I don't know what day it is. I don't know what season it is. Ever since I arrived here, in this blasted hellhole, I saw nothing but death and madness. It is creeping upon me as I write. I killed. I saw blood in my time, but this place is far worse. Every day I spent here was a living nightmare, waiting to wake up but salvation remaining nothing but a faint wish. From the three of us that managed to survive the trip here, only I am still alive.

They died so long ago. I can't even remember their names. I think one of them was a woman. She died fast. I wish that was me. This is my last day in this world. Today, it will end, one way or other. But I shall face it proudly, and even though nobody will remember me, I will earn my place at the hand of Armok!

5 UristBucks says Mormota's one of, if not, the last to die!

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: August 11, 2011, 07:47:59 am »

Deal. youll have to fish the bucks out of my corpse in the form of socks if you win though.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: August 11, 2011, 10:18:00 am »

This is awesome, Catalyst, you've done it.  Failcannon has weathered another storm and survived!  Now let's hope Stuzang doesn't pay a visit.

Soooo... what happens if everyone in the fortress becomes an enemy? Also, do enemies fight between themselves?...

If everyone's enemies with each other, they'll fight until you have a hermit fort.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: August 11, 2011, 10:20:35 am »

The epicness of FailCannon... One cannot even begin to comprehend.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: August 11, 2011, 10:33:49 am »

Deal. youll have to fish the bucks out of my corpse in the form of socks if you win though.

Done! 

This is awesome, Catalyst, you've done it.  Failcannon has weathered another storm and survived!  Now let's hope Stuzang doesn't pay a visit.

If everyone's enemies with each other, they'll fight until you have a hermit fort.

Hell, Failcannon will probably end with a tiny one-room fort for every single dwarf so they dont utterly murder eachother in a free-for-all slaughter.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: August 11, 2011, 11:13:13 am »

- Journal Entry 16 -

Yet again, I've faked my death.  This one was awful close though.  Who would've thought they'd believe a few underpaid humans in a bad costume with a flamethrower was really an eldricht forgotten horror? 

What we really never saw coming was that you'd fake your death deep below the earth far from the fort where no one could see or even hear!  You'll notice Catalyst wasn't the one to report it.  But yeah, you've certainly outwitted us lot :P

Another Aussie Dwarf, Yet Another Aussie Dwarf, Even More Aussie Dwarf, Return of Aussie Dwarf, Aussie Dwarf: The Reckoning, Aussie Dwarf: Reloaded, Aussie Dwarf II: Plump Helmet Boogaloo, Here's More Aussie Dwarf, Aussie Dwarf: Salvation, Aussie Dwarf: Revolutions, Aussie Dwarf Prime, The Real Aussie Dwarf.....

Aussie Dwarf 007 - AdamantineFinger.  Aussie Dwarf Strikes Back.  Aussie Dwarf Does Graspedseduce... wait... you weren't supposed to see that last one.  It goes in... in my other collection.

- snip -

5 UristBucks says Mormota's one of, if not, the last to die!

Yeah, not seeing any indications its likely anytime soon.  He's without a doubt the best equipped to survive currently. (Sane, unrestricted movement, miner, military...)

Not entirely sure.  I don't think they'll fight just because they aren't in the same group, but we have two seperate loyalties that are involved here.  New migrants (the 4 "loyals") have loyalty to The Sword of Boots (the civ) and... I dont have it in front of me, I think its "The Enchanted Labor of Treaties" - a smaller group of some nature.  It started as some dwarves became enemies of one of those civs, and some became enemies of the other, and eventually this cascade led the "traitor" dwarves to be enemies of both.  So I think we actually had three varieties of traitors - Rebels against Sword of Boots, counter-revolutionaries against the Enchanted Labor of Treaties, and those who said "fuck everyone" and just attacked other dwarves on sight.  I don't know if the third group would fight each other or not.  If so it might explain how some of the really unexpected loyalty shifts came about.

Until Catalyst is dead by some means, and we have a new generation of migrants without problems, I highly recommend the next player keep a CLOSE eye on loyalties.  Anytime there is a death, fight (I have been compulsively hitting "r" since I started, and its the only way I've managed to stop a lot of these fights from ending in death),  new blood, or anything at all, CHECK. 

Praise from SethCreiyd himself!  I'm glowing.  That might be a forgotten beast syndrome though.
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: August 11, 2011, 11:31:59 am »

thought: if in a fortress were such a loyalty cascade has happened, is then abandond wile all dorfs are still alive to some degree. would that spawn a new civ on the legends/spawn an entirely new civ?

I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: August 11, 2011, 11:35:35 am »

Praise from SethCreiyd himself!  I'm glowing.  That might be a forgotten beast syndrome though.

You've managed to schism a perfectly good dwarven civilization into not two but THREE factions.  The Boatmurdered guys didn't even manage that. 

What we really never saw coming was that you'd fake your death deep below the earth far from the fort where no one could see or even hear!  You'll notice Catalyst wasn't the one to report it.  But yeah, you've certainly outwitted us lot :P

I knew Catalyst sees all within the fort.  I wasn't taking any chances!

Aussie Dwarf 007 - AdamantineFinger.  Aussie Dwarf Strikes Back.  Aussie Dwarf Does Graspedseduce... wait... you weren't supposed to see that last one.  It goes in... in my other collection.

Oh god, my dwarf's being slashfic'ed.  Or worse.... Damn you Rule 34!

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: August 11, 2011, 11:38:04 am »

You've managed to schism a perfectly good dwarven civilization into not two but THREE factions.  The Boatmurdered guys didn't even manage that. 

Technically, FOUR.  The 'loyal' dwarves, the Enchanted Labor insurrection, the Sword of Boots counter-revolution, and the demon-possessed "fuck everything" dwarves.

It's no wonder Catalyst turned into the last type.  I can empathize.

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: August 11, 2011, 03:10:53 pm »

Let's hope he does - and that he'll die in the Ocean of Goo. Or at the hands of an angry dorf.

Not entirely sure.  I don't think they'll fight just because they aren't in the same group, but we have two seperate loyalties that are involved here.  New migrants (the 4 "loyals") have loyalty to The Sword of Boots (the civ) and... I dont have it in front of me, I think its "The Enchanted Labor of Treaties" - a smaller group of some nature.  It started as some dwarves became enemies of one of those civs, and some became enemies of the other, and eventually this cascade led the "traitor" dwarves to be enemies of both.  So I think we actually had three varieties of traitors - Rebels against Sword of Boots, counter-revolutionaries against the Enchanted Labor of Treaties, and those who said "fuck everyone" and just attacked other dwarves on sight.  I don't know if the third group would fight each other or not.  If so it might explain how some of the really unexpected loyalty shifts came about.

IIRC, the Enchanted Labour of Treaties is the group that founded/runs/ran Failcannon. Basically, Failcannon is the location, while the Enchanted Labour of Treaties are its inhabitants, if I'm not mistaken.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: August 11, 2011, 03:37:06 pm »

Ahhh got it.  Then it wasn't so much an insurrection as an attempted coup by Sword of Boots loyalists/royalists.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: August 11, 2011, 03:50:34 pm »

Ahhh got it.  Then it wasn't so much an insurrection as an attempted coup by Sword of Boots loyalists/royalists.

No, the Sword of Boots is the civ I believe, the Enchanted Labour of Treaties is (or should be, or was) part of it. The "Enchanted Labour of Treaties insurrection/Sword of Boots counterrevolution" sounds pretty accurate. If I'm not mistaken.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 189