Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2053552 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14310 on: December 11, 2018, 03:54:16 am »

That looks like a pre-holy fury map. I’m reasonably sure it’s been around for a while.
Yeah, Rome was added years ago though.
Rome wasn't implemented in a day, you know.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14311 on: December 11, 2018, 05:35:32 am »

That being said being an immortal makes the game ultra boring in my opinion. All the difficulty is removed and I usually find myself ending up abandoning that game soon after.

That's what happened with the game I mentioned. It fired so early that I just gave up. Although, on the other hand, my favourite game I played was as an immortal satanist. But I was using the console to make a crazy story and give myself challenges, so that doesn't really count. Every little bit I'd give all my titles to one of my recent children, move myself to a different part of the world, and start again with a different goal in mind, but a hard time limit to complete that goal before I had to "flee" again. It was a lot of fun, played like that from the 700s start until the 1300s, then converted the game to EU4 with my immortal guy controlling a merchant republic. Never did finish the EU4 game though, that game is way too much of a slog to get through.
How do you that? Restart in a different part of the world I mean and give your titles to your children.

It sounds like a very interesting idea for immortals

With console commands (requires non-ironman game) one could easily switch titles and who you're playing as around, but as long as you're not running an ironman game you should be able to start as any other playable character from the load game screen.

I think, it's been a while.
Yah, but I like the idea of MY immortal witch-king (dubbed 'Iron hand' even though he regrew his hand through black magic) changing identities and restarting somewhere else now that he has been outed as a demon worshipper :p
(I lifted the excommunication as soon as it came because THE POPE IS A SECRET DEMON WORSHIPPER TOO. But he still has a permanent demon worshipping tag. So exile would be IC.  Btw: appropiatedly enough, in his religion the evil force he worships is called "The Cosmic Horror" and I completed the knowledge path a couple of centuries ago so he has the Necronomicon as nighttime reading material)

Shit, dump everything and restart as a low ranking noble elsewhere (with your immediate family maybe) should be a feature. :p
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:38:05 am by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14313 on: December 11, 2018, 09:35:25 am »

MY immortal
Eboby? Is that u?
OWO winks winkily at Draco wearing a evanescence T-shirt

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14314 on: December 11, 2018, 09:57:37 am »

the ultimate stable empire seems to be something like reformed hellenic with Peaceful, hierocratic, ancestor veneration, civilized. naturally you're the caesar augustus of the reformed roman empire a well.

i wonder if Peaceful blocks the Imperial Reconquest CB...
Surely by the time you've done all that, you'll have finished reconquering the empire anyway.

oh not remotely. restoring the roman empire requires, like a dozen or so specific duchies, mostly in italy (plus alexandria, tunis, and antioch) and being emperor of byzantium. hellenism's holy sites are mostly included in that (Lampsako, Edessa, Piraeaus, Rome, Alexandria). while the imperial reconquest cb is good for almost everything that was ever inside rome's borders, ie,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Oh, I didn't know reforming the empire added all that stuff west of Lombardy and Tunisia. I feel like that's new - if not very new, at least newer than the feature. But then, I could be misremembering. The game's been around long enough for memories to get fuzzy.

yeah it was added a little over 6 years ago in Legacy of Rome. that said it's just a CB that you can use if you're the restored roman empire. it's a pretty niche feature.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14315 on: December 11, 2018, 10:36:34 am »

the ultimate stable empire seems to be something like reformed hellenic with Peaceful, hierocratic, ancestor veneration, civilized. naturally you're the caesar augustus of the reformed roman empire a well.

Surely by the time you've done all that, you'll have finished reconquering the empire anyway.

oh not remotely. restoring the roman empire requires, like a dozen or so specific duchies, mostly in italy (plus alexandria, tunis, and antioch) and being emperor of byzantium. hellenism's holy sites are mostly included in that (Lampsako, Edessa, Piraeaus, Rome, Alexandria). while the imperial reconquest cb is good for almost everything that was ever inside rome's borders, ie,

Oh, I didn't know reforming the empire added all that stuff west of Lombardy and Tunisia. I feel like that's new - if not very new, at least newer than the feature. But then, I could be misremembering. The game's been around long enough for memories to get fuzzy.

yeah it was added a little over 6 years ago in Legacy of Rome. that said it's just a CB that you can use if you're the restored roman empire. it's a pretty niche feature.
No, the Byzantine empire also gets the Imperial Reconquest cb, it just applies to a much smaller area.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14316 on: December 11, 2018, 01:49:21 pm »

No, the Byzantine empire also gets the Imperial Reconquest cb, it just applies to a much smaller area.

no, it's Roman Empire only:

Code: [Select]
imperial_reconquest = {
name = CB_NAME_IMPERIAL
war_name = WAR_NAME_IMPERIAL
sprite = 17
truce_days = 3650
is_permanent = yes
check_de_jure_tier = DUKE # this scans all dejure duchies for the counties which are held by or vassals(or below) of selected character. Only valid if is_permanent = yes

allowed_to_target_tributaries = no

sort_priority = 1900

can_use_gui = {
check_if_crusader_trigger = yes
}
can_use = {
ROOT = {
has_landed_title = e_roman_empire
independent = yes
OR = {
religion_group = christian
religion = hellenic_pagan
religion = hellenic_pagan_reformed
}
NOT = { same_realm = FROM }
mercenary = no
}
FROM = {
NOT = { religion_group = muslim }
}
}

i looked for a similar CB for byzantium, but there isn't one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 01:51:37 pm by ZeroGravitas »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14317 on: December 12, 2018, 02:37:38 am »

That being said being an immortal makes the game ultra boring in my opinion. All the difficulty is removed and I usually find myself ending up abandoning that game soon after.

That's what happened with the game I mentioned. It fired so early that I just gave up. Although, on the other hand, my favourite game I played was as an immortal satanist. But I was using the console to make a crazy story and give myself challenges, so that doesn't really count. Every little bit I'd give all my titles to one of my recent children, move myself to a different part of the world, and start again with a different goal in mind, but a hard time limit to complete that goal before I had to "flee" again. It was a lot of fun, played like that from the 700s start until the 1300s, then converted the game to EU4 with my immortal guy controlling a merchant republic. Never did finish the EU4 game though, that game is way too much of a slog to get through.
How do you that? Restart in a different part of the world I mean and give your titles to your children.

It sounds like a very interesting idea for immortals

Using the console. There's a lot of different commands that I used. But you can do anything from switching your character, to giving titles to whoever, to changing your culture/religion, to changing your government, etc. You can even set and remove specific character flags if you want to get really funky.

So what I would do is give myself a small county in wherever I'd like to go next, make that my capital, then just give all my titles to my child. Then switch to them, give me independence, switch back and be on my merry way. I'd usually swear fealty to somebody and go from there, unless I was trying to do something specific. I played as a satanist the whole time to, so I just kinda RP'd it through that in my head.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14318 on: December 13, 2018, 06:17:42 am »

So I have the second coming of christ and the antichrist...at the same time

My firstborn (daughter) was born and my wife saw visions of angels saying she would do great things.

My second born child happens to also be evil....

The first child got the "had a stroke" event and is incapable...a year or so later the whole "made for greatness" event line decided to giver her the genius trait for free....fml....

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14319 on: December 13, 2018, 08:59:36 am »

Needs a little more savant, a little less idiot...

And the stroke was totally the youngest's fault.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14320 on: December 14, 2018, 01:31:55 am »

Yeah...when it happened I didn't care...but now that she was freely granted Genius...I didn't even know that was possible.

I know some special events can remove stuff like incapable so I hope this is one of those cases.

The hardest part is not knowing if I should kill my son or just let him be...I am curious to see if she heals, he actually kills her, or they both grow up with amazing stats.

Suppose there is no point killing him since at the very least I know he will be good.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14321 on: December 14, 2018, 07:39:29 pm »

Quote from dev diary:

Hello all,

It has been a wonderful year for CK2, and I hope you all agree. A lot of work was put into Holy Fury which from the reception seems to be time well spent. We are not quite ready to talk about the next year but when we are you will be the first to know. We will now present something with no further comment.

Happy holidays, we hope you have a great winter break and we will be back next year.

The CK2 Team

RED PANDA CAT BEAR
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14322 on: December 14, 2018, 07:57:41 pm »

I feel like someone in the art department just really likes making animal portraits.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14323 on: December 14, 2018, 08:59:23 pm »

Don't they all?
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14324 on: December 14, 2018, 11:07:35 pm »

The legendary gathering thing seems to have broken for some reason. It's not filling up the bar for some reason or other....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:10:29 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 953 954 [955] 956 957 ... 1002