Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2054764 times)

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14280 on: December 05, 2018, 05:03:47 pm »

For some reason I've got the african portrait pack now. I'm sure I never bought it so I don't know why I have it. Anyone else get it that didn't have it before the update?

Edit: steam says I have it too. The only thing I can think of was that I recently went to the ultimate portrait pack page on the steam store and clicked on the african portrait pack link to see the cost of it by itself. It doesn't seem to have a page anymore and just spit me out on the steam store frontpage. Can someone else try doing that and see if that's what caused this to happen?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:07:12 pm by A Thing »
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14281 on: December 06, 2018, 09:59:42 am »

According to random speculation by an internet stranger on Reddit, giving the DLC away to all CK2 owners might be Paradox's reaction to "why do African tribes look so white" after Holy Fury was released.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14282 on: December 06, 2018, 04:07:00 pm »

According to random speculation by an internet stranger on Reddit, giving the DLC away to all CK2 owners might be Paradox's reaction to "why do African tribes look so white" after Holy Fury was released.

Yeah found that thread now. It's kind of weird that they didn't mention giving it away in the changelog, but hey, it gives me another reason to start up an Africa campaign now.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14283 on: December 06, 2018, 04:39:19 pm »

Pfft, the 'Become the Sashoyant' task is broken for randomized world in that the 'emperor of' requirement is either for a nonexistent empire or has the wrong name. Would be nice if that one covered the Zoroastrian lands as they are in the randomized world.

The required kingdoms/duchies/counties do exist though, they're just scattered from the eastern parts of Iraq, Persia, east to Pakistan, and north to the Kahzakstan area.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14284 on: December 06, 2018, 04:43:44 pm »

They need to patch many elements of the script. Many names for random religions are wrong. Pseudomuslims occasionally talk about shia and Ali for instance
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14285 on: December 06, 2018, 05:29:27 pm »

Having looked at many of the files... they didn't cover much with the changes. So you still have references to Ali and Alexander, and so on and so forth.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14286 on: December 06, 2018, 07:22:31 pm »

Yeah, as I mentioned earlier, I kept having references to Slavic gods. The holy orders aren't renamed either.

Also, in the instance I mentioned with the sashoyant thing, there definetly was a De Jure empire spanning the Iranian region and the game is going to generate at least one De Jure empire that covers at least part of the area anyway.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14287 on: December 07, 2018, 06:44:03 am »

Last night I reformed my religion and it suddenly started dropping references to Tengri left and right.

Pfft, the 'Become the Sashoyant' task is broken for randomized world in that the 'emperor of' requirement is either for a nonexistent empire or has the wrong name. Would be nice if that one covered the Zoroastrian lands as they are in the randomized world.

The required kingdoms/duchies/counties do exist though, they're just scattered from the eastern parts of Iraq, Persia, east to Pakistan, and north to the Kahzakstan area.

Well, broken it may be, but it also isn't available for achieving in a random world. Only the five or six achievements that explicitly says random or shattered world can be achieved during their respective shattered or random playthroughs.
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14288 on: December 07, 2018, 11:41:03 am »

I don't care about the achievements (having even one mod locks the achievements anyways), was just making an observation on that particular feature for Zoroastrian.

Technically, the sashoyant is still doable since the required duchies and stuff are still in the right region (if a different shape), you'd just have to put more work into it than you would have to for a normal game.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #14289 on: December 07, 2018, 11:49:20 am »

Oh, I misinterpreted what you said, then
Love, scriver~

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14290 on: December 07, 2018, 02:13:22 pm »

I don't care about the achievements (having even one mod locks the achievements anyways), was just making an observation on that particular feature for Zoroastrian.

Technically, the sashoyant is still doable since the required duchies and stuff are still in the right region (if a different shape), you'd just have to put more work into it than you would have to for a normal game.

Took me 500 years of game time to get it when I did it!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14291 on: December 07, 2018, 07:11:15 pm »

I played through to the end date for the first time ever. CKII has long been a favourite of mine and Holy Fury has reinvigorated the game for me. I haven't played this much since the Charlemagne dlc.

I'll have to play through again at some point, I have never seen the immortal event chain yet and I'd like to try out playing as an immortal for a while.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14292 on: December 09, 2018, 04:12:34 pm »

I played through to the end date for the first time ever. CKII has long been a favourite of mine and Holy Fury has reinvigorated the game for me. I haven't played this much since the Charlemagne dlc.

I'll have to play through again at some point, I have never seen the immortal event chain yet and I'd like to try out playing as an immortal for a while.

I’ve seen the chain many times, but appropriately it is always a huckster playing you and always ends poorly.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #14293 on: December 09, 2018, 05:17:56 pm »

I've gotten it and been successful a few times. Actually my first game of Holy Fury it triggered when my first character was around 30, and within a few years he was immortal.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14294 on: December 09, 2018, 06:06:42 pm »

I've gotten it and been successful a few times. Actually my first game of Holy Fury it triggered when my first character was around 30, and within a few years he was immortal.
They nerfed the success chance to really REALLY low levels.

Basically even with a stat of 22 or greater in something, your chances of succeeding are less than 10% at best. Realistically your stats will probably be way lower than that.

I've only ever been successful once and that was when the immortal trait first came out and the chance of success was way higher.

Now it's like an almost guaranteed death sentence or worse.

--------

That being said being an immortal makes the game ultra boring in my opinion. All the difficulty is removed and I usually find myself ending up abandoning that game soon after.
Pages: 1 ... 951 952 [953] 954 955 ... 1002