Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2097919 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14205 on: November 25, 2018, 08:45:49 pm »

Also don't forget Zoroastrianism.

And the Chinese religion is "Dharmic" too now, or rather "Eastern".
Love, scriver~

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14206 on: November 25, 2018, 08:47:21 pm »

And Judaism.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14207 on: November 26, 2018, 03:58:50 am »

Is there something I don't understand about laws, or is there something borked after Holy Fury? I'm running empire of Russia, with high crown authority, which is supposed to prevent vassals fighting each other, and titles passing outside the realm through succession. And yet, I keep seeing my vassals fighting wars over each other's counties, and an occasional inheritance warning.

Also, earlier, before I switched to ultimogeniture, I had agnatic elective gavelkind, and switched to agnatic-cognatic due to the risk of my only male heir leaving this mortal coil. The law is supposed to make women be eligible for inheritance once no male heirs are left. But my two daughters showed up in the inheritance queue, and started competing for votes with my son.

What is going on there? Anyone has a scholarship focus on this topic?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14208 on: November 26, 2018, 04:52:55 am »

I dont think high crown authority will prevent either external inheritance or vassal wars by itself. There are specific laws for that that you have to pass (and for which I think crown authority is a prerreq). Scroll up and down, sometimes they are hidden
You can sorta intervene in vassal wars and ask them to make peace btw. It might not work and it might cost you though.

Regardinh external inheritances... best workaround I've found (if you cant implement the law) is to sequentially murder all external heirs until it defaults to someone within the realm  :P
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14209 on: November 26, 2018, 06:09:46 am »

I dont think high crown authority will prevent either external inheritance or vassal wars by itself.
That's what the popup says. Medium authority for inheritance, high for internal wars (edit: the other way around). And there are no separate laws for it that I can see.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 06:12:17 am by Il Palazzo »

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14210 on: November 26, 2018, 06:51:41 am »

Does my reforming character become a god (dogmatic + divine blood+ temporal) after he dies? Or does some event pop off for it.

what are you talking about?

Also...been 6 years...still no holy warriors...

do you have the charlemagne dlc?

The different reformed religion options you have in holy fury can be combined for special effects. for instance, Dogmatic + divine marriage + temporal leadership makes your current character the "High God" of the religion. Sadly in this case there are no mechanical benefits and its just a flavor/RP thing

other combined reform options do have mechanical effects though.

Also I have all the DLC..so not sure why my holy order never fired

List of currently known synergies
https://www.reddit.com/r/CrusaderKings/comments/9zazyz/reformation_combinations/eado38x
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:05:03 am by dennislp3 »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14211 on: November 26, 2018, 07:14:29 am »

I dont think high crown authority will prevent either external inheritance or vassal wars by itself.
That's what the popup says. Medium authority for inheritance, high for internal wars (edit: the other way around). And there are no separate laws for it that I can see.
I'm certain, like 99% certain, that external vassal wars anf inheritance are separate from crown authority, or at least I've seen them as separate.

I have all the dlc (and a couple of mods which dont impact realm laws afaik..)  could it be that's the cause?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14212 on: November 26, 2018, 07:48:16 am »

Could be. I don't have Conclave, Republic, Charlemagne, and the eastern DLCs. As a feudal empire I can only change crown authority, centralization, and adopt imperial administration.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14213 on: November 26, 2018, 08:10:39 am »

Did you check what kind of wars your vassals are fighting among themselves? If I remember correctly, rebellions aren't stopped by the laws, only wars to press claims and conquest between different vassals. So if you're seeing the later along with the former then something is definitely messed up.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14214 on: November 26, 2018, 09:56:25 am »

All kinds of wars, including de jure claims they fabricated themselves.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14215 on: November 26, 2018, 10:18:35 am »

Yeah those things are separate from crown authority. As poo says, authority only gives you access to them as opposed to implementing them immediately.

I know vassal inheritance laws are the first thing in the laws screen - choices being free and illegal - and I’m reasonably sure the vassal wars thing is next below that, which I think gives you the option for free, external, and illegal.

As for the agnatic-cognatoc thing, if your daughters are competing for votes, you’re not ultimogeniture. I’m reasonably sure you can only change inheritance laws once per character, so you have to wait ‘til your next character to switch it to ultimogeniture.

Unless your game is completely borked, anyway.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14216 on: November 26, 2018, 10:24:39 am »

Yeah those things are separate from crown authority.
No, that's only if you have Conclave DLC. I don't.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14217 on: November 26, 2018, 10:44:29 am »

So they are.

According to the wiki, things get a bit weird if have liege kingdoms that aren’t dejure part of your empire, or there are different religions involved. They can basically ignore your laws in some situations.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14218 on: November 26, 2018, 11:21:55 am »

So they are.

According to the wiki, things get a bit weird if have liege kingdoms that aren’t dejure part of your empire, or there are different religions involved. They can basically ignore your laws in some situations.

that was my thinking when i read it. crown laws only work in your de jure land

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14219 on: November 26, 2018, 11:23:59 am »

So they are.

The exceptions listed there don't apply here. That's been all happening within the de jure Russian empire. I hold all kingdom titles, and the empire, with identical laws across the board.

I used to play essentially the same setup before Holy Fury, and seem to remember the Pax Russiana among my vassals working as intended. But my memory might simply be getting wonky.
I'd like to know if anyone has had similar experience, and if it's normal, resulting just from me not understanding how the laws work, or if it's a post-dlc bug infestation.

As for the agnatic-cognatoc thing, if your daughters are competing for votes, you’re not ultimogeniture. I’m reasonably sure you can only change inheritance laws once per character, so you have to wait ‘til your next character to switch it to ultimogeniture.
That's not the point. As I wrote I was elective gavelkind. This is about the gender part of inheritance laws. Agnatic-cognatic, as per its description, should not allow women to be considered while eligible male heirs exist - is what I understood it to mean.
Also, iirc, when my son was eventually elected, the laws otherwise worked as advertised, in that my daughters did not get a share of my demesne.
Pages: 1 ... 946 947 [948] 949 950 ... 1002