Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2056653 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #14235 on: November 30, 2018, 01:38:30 pm »

I'm generally rather faithful to my wife/wives/concubines these days. They aren't faithful to me, but hey that's just an excuse to duel people now.

Affairs just kind of lost most of their appeal after a while, unless something can top my experience of 'Basileus Gabriel the Saint's woman of the woods mistress giving birth to the female anti-christ and all the stuff that followed' happens, there just doesn't seem much point in a smattering of extra kids who sabotage my reputation by being born.

I'm considering trying to use reformation to make a super defensive stable pagan state and just hold onto an area without any mass conquering behaviour. Anyone tried something like defensive reformed zunists yet?
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14236 on: November 30, 2018, 02:05:25 pm »

I'm generally rather faithful to my wife/wives/concubines these days. They aren't faithful to me, but hey that's just an excuse to duel people now.

Affairs just kind of lost most of their appeal after a while, unless something can top my experience of 'Basileus Gabriel the Saint's woman of the woods mistress giving birth to the female anti-christ and all the stuff that followed' happens, there just doesn't seem much point in a smattering of extra kids who sabotage my reputation by being born.

I'm considering trying to use reformation to make a super defensive stable pagan state and just hold onto an area without any mass conquering behaviour. Anyone tried something like defensive reformed zunists yet?
It's not cheating. It's free heirs.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: November 30, 2018, 02:56:12 pm »

How even do I lose a duel to someone who has -60 personal combat skill and I have 15?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have the intrigue option, though it'll give me the craven attribute.

edit: I won with the intrigue option, though it had little or no affect anyway. Maybe I'll choose a different target...

edit2: Died again to another target who had -5, I wonder if the drunkard attribute is killing me here.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:00:52 pm by smjjames »

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: November 30, 2018, 04:01:26 pm »

Nah it’s the person you’re dueling with.

I have been killed by someone despite having a 70+ difference in combat skill ad no penalties to mine. That was one of the few times in the game I savescummed (with Ironman!) ‘cause I was so disgusted with the game. Mostly because my intrigue and martial were both above 30, and my heir was rubbish.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: November 30, 2018, 04:02:31 pm »

edit2: Died again to another target who had -5, I wonder if the drunkard attribute is killing me here.
Don't drink and duel.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: November 30, 2018, 04:21:40 pm »

Winner's don't drink.  Loser's get to stop drinking, forever.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: November 30, 2018, 05:03:03 pm »

I'm surprised to hear that. I can't remember ever actually losing to an inferior duel opponent, though IIRC I've been wounded enough to die from the wound health malus some time after my victory. I figured it was super unlikely to lose against an inferior foe, but maybe I've just gotten very lucky.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: November 30, 2018, 05:31:37 pm »

Yeah, I've lost duels with 50 difference in my favour (and they tend to be the ones fought to the death). I'm not sure if there's just that great of a RNG spread, or if there are some hidden modifiers from certain traits.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #14243 on: November 30, 2018, 07:07:06 pm »

I have lost duel like that once. It also should be noted that apparently duels where both fighters die (as in, in the duel, not from the wounds) are a thing. I believe other than pure combat_rating_diff the game also takes into account character's health and some traits have synergies, I think.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: November 30, 2018, 07:36:12 pm »

I have lost duel like that once. It also should be noted that apparently duels where both fighters die (as in, in the duel, not from the wounds) are a thing. I believe other than pure combat_rating_diff the game also takes into account character's health and some traits have synergies, I think.

Had that happen one or two times. The first time it seemed apt, given I was dueling a hero (top rank in the warrior lodge) for their rank. I “won”, turned to the crowd and shouted “I WI-“ and the dude stabs me in the back, saying “now it’s over” and we both die.

When I say apt, I really mean utter bullshit.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: December 01, 2018, 08:53:50 am »

Have I found a hack about getting the money I want from merchant vassals???
So as you know the problem is that if your vassals dislike you they give you less levies and taxes. 
But thing is, noble vassals prefer to pay than to give you soldiers (ki d of ahistorically dont you think? I'd think burghers would try to pay their way out of military service.

Ssssoop... chunk taxes up on nobles, and fill their lands with cities.

It works even better when you have an improved city tax bloodline and you're reassigning titles to your children
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: December 01, 2018, 01:25:48 pm »

Question on warrior lodges, do they still appear if the person having the pagan religion is ruling a feudal government rather than tribal?

While it would make sense to me if they still showed up when Feudal, the wiki doesn't say whether they'll still show up if you're feudal rather than tribal government but have the right religion.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 01:27:51 pm by smjjames »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: December 01, 2018, 01:29:21 pm »

Question on warrior lodges, do they still appear if the person having the pagan religion is ruling a feudal government rather than tribal?
Yes!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: December 01, 2018, 01:51:03 pm »

Okay, just wanted to be sure as I was trying to create a random world (got bored with the de Castillia game) and play a pagan with the warrior lodges, but wasn't sure if I absolutely needed to be tribal or if it'd still work if I played feudal.

Is there a tip for finding the randomized religions that have warrior lodges though?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: December 01, 2018, 01:54:06 pm »

If there is do tell. I chase around the assasin analogues but  beyond then maybe being the third pseudomuslim religion I dont know
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 948 949 [950] 951 952 ... 1002