Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092639 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12135 on: April 09, 2017, 10:42:46 am »

I am going to try and kick off another one in two hours.  I hope more people show up this time.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12136 on: April 09, 2017, 12:51:18 pm »

Couple minutes off, but here's the details:
Name: Bay12
Password: armok
ServerID: 90108025069348865

And no one showed up at all.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 01:49:17 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #12137 on: April 10, 2017, 01:06:29 am »

HNNNGGGG! Whoever linked to the Game of Thrones mod, I love you. ITS AMAZING!

There's so much new content it may as well be released as a paid D- actually lets not give them any ideas.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12138 on: April 10, 2017, 03:08:08 am »

Yea. It is my favourite mod.
Love, scriver~

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12139 on: April 10, 2017, 09:52:48 am »

Couple minutes off, but here's the details:
Name: Bay12
Password: armok
ServerID: 90108025069348865

And no one showed up at all.

Have you tried the 'Play with your buddies' sub-board? You're unlikely to find many people who are up for an impromptu session here as it's more for game discussion.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12140 on: April 14, 2017, 12:39:58 pm »

Have you tried the 'Play with your buddies' sub-board? You're unlikely to find many people who are up for an impromptu session here as it's more for game discussion.

I think there used to be a CK2 multiplayer thread, if I think about it.  However, I seem to recall having more success here.  (Edit: may make another attempt 24 hours from this post)

By the way, found two interesting mods:
Not yet released, but someone is making another Game of Thrones mod that seems it may be a bit better than the current big one.

Then there's this French mod that supports English as well.  Most of the article is stubs, but it seems some interesting things have been done.

« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:56:34 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12141 on: April 14, 2017, 01:10:40 pm »

that seems it may be a bit better than the current big one.

Better for multiplayer.
Love, scriver~

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12142 on: April 17, 2017, 07:16:38 pm »

that seems it may be a bit better than the current big one.

Better for multiplayer.

Seems there's a link for an alpha release on github if you go to page 5, if anyone wants to try the mod.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12143 on: April 19, 2017, 07:44:26 pm »

Today I learned the option to make up rumors with the Intrigue focus is actually useful for something. I was rearranging the counts of Leon as a Muslim in order to prevent de jure wars, but one of the emirs who owned part of the land owned a county in Leon personally. I couldn't revoke the county via plot because there weren't enough people who disliked him enough to join the plot, but then I realized that if I took the Intrigue focus, spied on him, and slandered him, a few key potential plotters would join the plot due to their decreased opinions of him. I did that and it worked out fine (although it ruined his opinion with me, but that's OK because everybody else loves me.)

Still a crap focus, but it's not that bad if you need somebody dead or want to intrigue-revoke a county.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12144 on: April 21, 2017, 12:02:28 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but how do I get rid of defunct trade posts? I conquered Italy in a Jihad and now there's a bunch of trade posts hanging around the Mediterranian belonging to the former republics of Genoa and Pisa. Since the patricians aren't part of any existing country anymore, they're just kind of... there, and more importantly it's denying me income in a roundabout way (the patricians of the new republics have fewer places to build posts, meaning they have less income, which means I have less income from taxing them.)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12145 on: April 21, 2017, 12:16:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure that that is a bug. I experienced it in my Crimean Empire game, when Venice was knocked out, the patricians didn't disappear but became independent, so instead of a bunch of "Venetian" trade-posts everywhere, it was each families.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12146 on: April 21, 2017, 01:07:09 pm »

Hey, here's a challenge people could attempt.  Start as an independent Canary Islands, and try to either reform the West African faith or be the cause that a heresy supplants a main faith.

...actually, they aren't the only single county islands...anyone up for a multiplayer game where everyone tries to take small, isolated islands to victory in about two hours, or sometime tommorrow?  Maybe using CK2+ so there are a few more options (ex. Gotland)?

Wolfhunter107

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12147 on: April 21, 2017, 03:48:01 pm »

I'm up for that.
Just ask yourself: What would a mobster do?
So we butcher them and build a 4chan tallow soap tower as a monument to our greatness?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12148 on: April 21, 2017, 04:21:49 pm »

I'm up for that.

I'll put up the details in the CKII multiplayer thread, then link here to it for anyone who is interested, but hadn't posted in that thread.  I've been messing around with some older mods, so I need to update my game, so if you are wanting to mess around in it today, I'll need to get that dealt with.

Though I have to ask your opinion on using the CK2+ beta for 2.7.0.2.

Link.  Game is set up using CK2+.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:06:39 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12149 on: April 21, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »

So, I'm not quite finished with my conquests yet, but I'd like to share:
My end goal is to eradicate Christianity forever, with a side order of conquering at least roughly to old Roman borders, using Status of Women laws to breed Muhammad's blood into my dynasty, and capturing all Sunni holy sites, maybe defeating the Reformed Romuvas or conquering my way past the Urals or Himalayas. My strategy revolves around taking entire de jure kingdoms at once; by using the 1000-piety Invasion and Jihads, I can conquer all the land in a de jure kingdom (usually; the invasion of Germany didn't go quite as planned,) and since my army is huge I can revoke all the counties I like when I use Invasion.

I'll probably finish cleaning out Byzantium, conquering the remaining Catholics and the Middle East while I wait for ERE truces to expire. I'll probably go after Tartaria or India afterward, not sure which.

My biggest fear right now is Temujin, as he still hasn't shown up (Delayed Random Mongols, IIRC) and it's freaking me out. Does Genghis Khan's son inherit his event troops?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:46:24 pm by Tawa »
Pages: 1 ... 808 809 [810] 811 812 ... 1002