Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092440 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #12165 on: April 27, 2017, 08:17:38 am »

To wit, it's 45.4% of all mod users that run the Game of Thrones mod.  The percent of all users in general using mods is 42%, which means the percent of all users in general who played on the analyzed day and were running the mod is slightly under 20%.  Tangentially, 60% of all users who are running at least one mod happen to be running at least one of the top 20 mods, one of which happens to be the Game of Thrones mod. 

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #12166 on: April 27, 2017, 08:51:43 am »

Yes, that's how i understood it as well.
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12167 on: April 27, 2017, 09:48:40 am »

On one hand I wish Paradox would stop being so stingy about achievements and mods.

On the other, I kinda like CK2 achievements being so hard to get.

I think I lean more towards the former. I really would much prefer getting my achievements with mods enabled. In any Paradox game.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12168 on: April 27, 2017, 11:13:45 am »

On one hand I wish Paradox would stop being so stingy about achievements and mods.

On the other, I kinda like CK2 achievements being so hard to get.

I think I lean more towards the former. I really would much prefer getting my achievements with mods enabled. In any Paradox game.
Paradox achievements are really hard to get for reasons that don't relate to the actual gameplay aspect of them, though. You have to play totally vanilla and it has to be ironman and nothing can go wrong behind the scenes until that point. I normally just don't worry about the hoops to jump through and add my achievements manually with SAM. And this is the only design studio for whose games I do so.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12169 on: April 27, 2017, 01:10:45 pm »

Still better than some of those payday 2 achievos.  Require you to find three other people to play with who also need the achievement and happen to have the equipment to go at it.

With CKII, ironman's autosaving slowed the game down too much for me, so I basically just forget about its achievements.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12170 on: April 27, 2017, 01:39:58 pm »

I know with EUIV as long as the mod doesn't change the checksum your fine, so graphical/music mods are okay to use.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12171 on: April 27, 2017, 05:20:50 pm »

CKII is the same way. I always play with Anglo-Saxons Use German Faces, Western Slavs Use Russian Faces, and Foal Portraits, and I'll throw on Theatrum Orbis Terrarum as the mood strikes me, but none of them mess with the Ironman I always use.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #12172 on: April 28, 2017, 09:33:08 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm curious, is there any interest in another succession game? Perhaps one that needs DLC this time, instead of a strict Christian game? Maybe a custom dynasty? Or Duke Laszlo of Transylvania? Oh, a modded one could be fun. Maybe After the End or AGoT?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12173 on: April 28, 2017, 11:57:35 pm »

Sorry for the doublepost, but I'm curious, is there any interest in another succession game? Perhaps one that needs DLC this time, instead of a strict Christian game? Maybe a custom dynasty? Or Duke Laszlo of Transylvania? Oh, a modded one could be fun. Maybe After the End or AGoT?

Could just revive the prior one.  We're most of the way to the end of that one anyway, may as well finish it up.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12174 on: May 05, 2017, 03:57:23 pm »

It sucks that CK2 world-gen is stalled. It looks like it was only working because the .pdb was mistakenly included in a few releases, and now that it's gone, the guy making it can't bugtest his code.

It's here: http://ck2generator.com/

I mean, it still works, just only for 2.6.2.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #12175 on: May 05, 2017, 04:59:18 pm »

Rats! I had fun with that when I messed around with it a while back.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #12176 on: May 06, 2017, 03:16:23 pm »

I really want to just start cold-calling people at paradox or something. At some point it'll be annoying enough for them to just give him a copy if nothing else.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12177 on: May 06, 2017, 03:21:01 pm »

I really want to just start cold-calling people at paradox or something. At some point it'll be annoying enough for them to just give him a copy if nothing else.
While you're at it, can you tell them if they're making CK3 to not dumb it down like they did to Hearts of Iron IV. Bloody hell what a piece of garbage that is.

Ah who am I kidding, if they ever make CK3 it'll be a really basic piece of crap tailored to just DLC.

Lukewarm

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps, if you ask nicely.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12178 on: May 06, 2017, 05:46:42 pm »

Don't be so cynical.
Men At Arms (The DLC that allows levies) will only be 19.99!
Don't forget the other essentials:
Royal Whispers ( The DLC that turns on plots)
Proper Legality Of Ancient Times ( This fixes all the bugs they left in the final regarding titles, you can actually take them now. )
Ongoing Construction ( Fixes other bugs, effectively a 30 dollar day 1 patch )
La Regime ( Allows types of government that aren't Tribal )
Inheritance ( Allows for changing inheritance. Without it, your entire realm breaks into individual counties upon your death. )
Christening (This DLC enables the use of names. )
Between all the essential DLC you need to start the game and the game itself, it only comes out to $300! Practically a steal! And there's more to come!

Rilder

• Bay Watcher
  • Rye Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #12179 on: May 06, 2017, 06:09:09 pm »

Practically a steal! And there's more to come!

I can't wait! The Martian Invasion DLC is sure to be a hit!
Steam Profile
Youtube(Let's Plays), Occasional Streaming
It felt a bit like a movie in which two stoners try to steal a military helicopter
Pages: 1 ... 810 811 [812] 813 814 ... 1002