Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093532 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11895 on: March 06, 2017, 04:07:50 am »

Export the save to EU! Yeah it's a terrible blob, that's why you play someone in the new world and try to defeat it!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11896 on: March 06, 2017, 04:24:32 am »

Export the save to EU! Yeah it's a terrible blob, that's why you play someone in the new world and try to defeat it!
You saying that is like asking me to cut off my face, haha.

I hated this achievement because it's super goddamn boring.

The only time I really had fun during the entire thing was in the beginning, which I wrote about here and here.

After I created Francia the game became a complete chore to play, with the constant micromanagement of viceroyalties, plots, and imprisonments.

The only other noteworthy events were:

1. When I conquered the Byzantine Empire, created the Roman Empire, then liberated the Byzantine Empire so I could be the French Roman Empire.
2. When I discovered those immortal superwarriors and recruited them into my army.
3. When the King of Jerusalem (my dynasty member) created an antipope and I went over there, smacked his face in, and conquered the entire thing. Then I reduced his holdings to just a single barony and had him excommunicated. Since he was excommunicated, I could imprison him with no penalties so I kept imprisoning, torture, imprison, humiliate, imprison, mutilate, etc. until he reached something like -1000 relations with me. Yes, I was that bored.

----

So if you ask me to import this I will say "no goddamn way". It's way too boring.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11897 on: March 06, 2017, 05:03:10 am »

There is one thing which bugs me: If you kill a close kin of someone via discovered plot, then the other close kin will become rivals with you, while if you capture, let's say, King/Sultan/Rajah who has 6 children and execute/torture/humiliate him, then the children will simply get major opinion penalty towards you, but will not become rivals with you. This makes no sense.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 05:04:41 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11898 on: March 06, 2017, 08:03:51 am »

Well, this was awkward. The Aztecs were pushed back across the sea (netting me an achievement)... because all their provinces rebelled.

Meanwhile, I am currently fighting 6 wars at the same time. 3 rebels, 1 adventurer, 1 war that I was called in as an ally, and 1 against the byzantines.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11899 on: March 06, 2017, 10:44:27 am »

For understandable reasons, I am not going to repost this. DD#44 is a Q&A. They're still answering as of this post, so get in there.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11900 on: March 06, 2017, 02:12:22 pm »

Personally, I love adventurers. They rarely get enough troops to beat you, and you can banish them after beating them, netting you approximately 500 gold.
Yeah, a friend of mine always assassinates them.

I prefer the 500 gold myself.

Not to mention even if they raise enough troops to be a threat, the AI always splits them up into two or three groups anyway which makes it easy pickings. And you get military techpoints!

That being said, not really sure I want to fight 6 wars at the same time.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11901 on: March 06, 2017, 02:21:11 pm »

Personally, I love adventurers. They rarely get enough troops to beat you, and you can banish them after beating them, netting you approximately 500 gold.

Not to mention even if they raise enough troops to be a threat, the AI always splits them up into two or three groups anyway which makes it easy pickings. And you get military techpoints!

I've also gotten a few of my best marshals from captured adventurers. Assassinating them is a valid option in my opinion only when you're low on men or, as Teneb is, when you're swamped by wars.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11902 on: March 06, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »

I've also gotten a few of my best marshals from captured adventurers. Assassinating them is a valid option in my opinion only when you're low on men or, as Teneb is, when you're swamped by wars.
I don't even bother. I make about a hundred ducats a month and it took fielding 5 mercenaries plus levies plus a holy order to take me below 10k.

Baghdad, my capital, is a huge source of income because of the silk road.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 02:49:52 pm by Teneb »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11903 on: March 06, 2017, 04:59:32 pm »

I'm so bad at not blobbing in this game.

Decided to play AtE as a west coast duke, hoping to just quietly hang around and wait for the Japanese invasion to show up and swear fealty to them. First problem with that was my King's entire family promptly died and I inherited the whole kingdom.

Well, whatever. I wanted to be independent anyway, I can use crown focus to buff up my capital with some more holding slots. A generation or two later, I marry my son off to some princess, 'cause she's a princess, right? Turns out her father's kingdom runs full cognatic and she's the first in line to the throne. Oops. Also she's currently pressing her claim to a nearby kingdom and beating the hell out of it. I ended up inheriting 3 kingdoms more or less by accident.

Earlier, playing vanilla, I was chilling out as the Orthodox duke of Dalmatia, loyal servant to the Byzantine empire. I managed to randomly inherit the Catholic kingdom of Croatia, because they had full agnatic and all the duchesses and princesses were... well, duchesses and princesses, so I was literally the only candidate for the election.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11904 on: March 07, 2017, 09:32:37 am »

It's finally here! Hail Satan!

Too bad that my Internet has problems...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 09:35:33 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11905 on: March 07, 2017, 09:50:04 am »

Anyone going to try to set up a multiplayer game so we can get everyone discovering aspects at the same time?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #11906 on: March 07, 2017, 10:04:19 am »

Ave Satana!

Can't afford the DLC any time soon, so if anyone would like to do an LP, I'd love to watch/participate!

Actually, that sounds pretty damn fun.

Lets try to install the antichrist as an anti-pope... :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11907 on: March 07, 2017, 10:26:41 am »

I don't have the DLC either, some setting it up would be pointless ;)
Love, scriver~

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #11908 on: March 07, 2017, 12:00:39 pm »

Bear in mind - CK2 DLC are per-host, not per-client.

I could set one up shortly, but without Conclave (because I hate it and thus not have it).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11909 on: March 07, 2017, 12:26:22 pm »

Bear in mind - CK2 DLC are per-host, not per-client.

Not going to lie, I honestly think this is one of the best features of the game.  Makes it so anyone can play with anyone, so long as they have the same list of mods.

I could set one up shortly, but without Conclave (because I hate it and thus not have it).

Make a post when you set it up.  I'd like to join in.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 792 793 [794] 795 796 ... 1002