Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093533 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11880 on: March 05, 2017, 08:09:26 am »

It is a little odd how someone will just sit and watch their entire duchy get holy warred out from under them... ... but I suppose the game is balanced around that. If everyone in a crusade target showed up to defend their title, the attackers bringing 25% of their vassal's troops would be horribly outnumbered all the time.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11881 on: March 05, 2017, 08:38:14 am »

Just finished my Ireland -> Wales -> Empire of Britannia campaign. The reason why I didn't go for Empire of Britannia is because MaM will be released soon, plus the campaign itself was kinda dull.

Here, 'ave some screenshots (no detailed commentary for the screenshots, cuz I haven't enjoyed this campaign too much):
Spoiler: Bordergore, NSFL! (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11882 on: March 05, 2017, 08:55:41 am »

Part of the problem may be that if your liege is getting attacked and you defeat the enemy army, it doesn't count for warscore. So even if the vassals want to help, they can only get warscore from besieging stuff.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11883 on: March 05, 2017, 02:45:16 pm »

Why is M&M going to be released on Tuesday....why not Monday? ;.;
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11884 on: March 05, 2017, 02:51:16 pm »

Because they hate alliteration. No M&M on M.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11885 on: March 05, 2017, 04:27:55 pm »

Anyone going to be running a multiplayer game when it comes out, so we can have everyone discovering things at the same time?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11886 on: March 05, 2017, 04:58:01 pm »

Managed to grab the Protector of the Holy Places achievment. I immediately granted Latium to a relative and set him independent, because I don't want to deal with all the Deus Vult that will surely ensure, but still.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11887 on: March 05, 2017, 09:08:42 pm »

Finally...

Another 54 years left...

I never thought I'd see the day...

The game is lagging so much now it's basically moving in slow motion. The other day I played about 28 hours straight and I only managed to advance 100 years.

I can finally, after all these years, get the Seven Centuries achievement...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11888 on: March 05, 2017, 09:09:41 pm »

Now your mission is to import this laggy mess into EUIV :P

Edit: I assume your dynasty is by this point huge enough that it shouldn't matter if you get hit by a bad plague or a string of assassinations?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11889 on: March 05, 2017, 10:14:46 pm »

Pope was a bit more miffed than I anticipated and called a crusade for Jerusalem. Which was scary, because the mongols, who own one third of the entire map are catholics. Fortunately, the Khagan didn't join. Maybe because his wife is Abbasid. I did have to fight off all the other catholics, though. Which, apparently, includes the aztecs?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #11890 on: March 05, 2017, 10:30:20 pm »

Amusingly, though, it should probably actually run faster in EUIV, since the main reason CKII slows down lategame is because of the absurd number of characters in play. EUIV should probably get rid of all those issues.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11891 on: March 05, 2017, 10:34:14 pm »

All the more reason to import it

WORLD CONQUEST
Sigtext!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11892 on: March 06, 2017, 02:01:24 am »

Edit: I assume your dynasty is by this point huge enough that it shouldn't matter if you get hit by a bad plague or a string of assassinations?
My dynasty is so huge I can't even check it as if I open the dynasty screen it lags so hard I can't even scroll it.

There is a member of the Galimani family personally controlling:

4 empires
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

34 kingdoms
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And an uncountable amount of duchies, counties, and baronies.

We also control every single Catholic holy order, so that's 5 extra there.

Oh, and the entire college of cardinals is just members of the Galimani family as well somehow.

The last 22 popes were Galimani, amusingly enough. The last non-Galimani pope was 222 years ago.

----

So yeah, basically my family controls kinda every single holding on the West side of the Caspian Sea. Oh and the Mongols on the East side.

Here's a picture:

----
Edit:

I did it. It's over....

I finally have my Seven Centuries achievement.

Final score is 588,000. Total dynasty members 5493, living members 815. Dynasty prestige 31893.

We started as the mere count of Orleans and we ended as the Emperor of the Rome, the dynasty controlling everything from Iceland to Mecca.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11893 on: March 06, 2017, 03:41:20 am »

How do you get so many living dynasty members? My dynasties are usually have 10-20 members in it.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11894 on: March 06, 2017, 03:56:21 am »

How do you get so many living dynasty members? My dynasties are usually have 10-20 members in it.
If you don't give your family members land, they don't really procreate.

So in this case the Galimani family probably has something like 300 - 400 rulers or something given the amount of family members.
Pages: 1 ... 791 792 [793] 794 795 ... 1002