Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093905 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11730 on: February 07, 2017, 03:36:35 pm »

It's hard to tell how much of that is from exclaves, vs. just independent counties. I mean, I see Pannonia, Paley, Bavaria, *maybe* Burgundy (are they in Aragon? ??) but aside from those...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11731 on: February 07, 2017, 04:46:41 pm »

There's a couple of exclaves in an otherwise nice-looking country, and then there's this.
And then there's this.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: February 11, 2017, 08:37:17 am »

"Must poomp de mooskles... Must... oonite... Eerland..." - The last words of Bulk Bogan.

I decided to make Bulk Bogan from Vinesauce Joel's Hard Time (So bad it's good video game about prison life) stream, and of course, CKII is not CKII if you don't turn from Brave to Craven.

I started as the lowly Irish count of Connacht, so "Reelm poomping", as would Bogan say, is really slow. I've only managed to get county of Breifne (it's de jure Duchy of Connacht), but I will try my best to unite Irish people.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 08:46:39 am by CrocAndBearLover »
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: February 11, 2017, 11:24:57 am »

So it's been a while since I've played vanilla CKII, so I forget naming conventions, but both chiefs there are showing first names, right? It's a shame, because the heir's got my surname.

(Sidebar: I'm not someone who cares about my name being known online. There's enough accounts connected to the user names I use that someone would be able to get it easy with a little dedication anyways. Not to mention there's a few hundred people with my exact name, so that's fun anyways.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: February 11, 2017, 11:27:46 am »

(Sidebar: I'm not someone who cares about my name being known online. There's enough accounts connected to the user names I use that someone would be able to get it easy with a little dedication anyways. Not to mention there's a few hundred people with my exact name, so that's fun anyways.)
Yes, you definitely sound like a person who doesn't care about his name being known online.  ;)

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: February 11, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

So it's been a while since I've played vanilla CKII, so I forget naming conventions, but both chiefs there are showing first names, right? It's a shame, because the heir's got my surname.

Yes, it shows the first name of the chiefs. Your surname is "Bogan"? That's awesome!

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: February 11, 2017, 11:45:46 am »

I wish it was Bogan. Nah, I was referring to what I assume is his first name since the other is Chief Bulk. I'm just not sure about name conventions anymore. This game has made me both culturally sensitive as well as inept.

Changing my name to Bogan now though.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: February 11, 2017, 12:17:36 pm »

Bulk (the one who died) is his name, while Bogan is his surname/dynasty. Chief Gorman is Bulk's son, and I play as Gorman right now.

Bulk Bogan is a reference to Joel's Hard Time stream, where he made a character called Bulk Bogan: An extremely strong but dumb prisoner with an accent to rival Tommy Wiseau.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11738 on: February 11, 2017, 03:54:52 pm »

Love, scriver~

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: February 12, 2017, 01:02:04 pm »

I've felt the same way a lot recently. I started to resort to savescumming just so I could enjoy myself (because that's what's most important). But even that doesn't save my characters. The omniverse itself is acting against them.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: February 12, 2017, 01:08:11 pm »

I actually quite enjoy it when the game decides to mess you up. Usually it's pretty easy to just go from being crap to amazing in a few decades, so when the game throws a big speed bump in the way it gets entertaining.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: February 12, 2017, 01:20:53 pm »

Nah, lately I get screwed at every turn. Now, having grown up in the Age of Pokemon, I understand that anything less than 70% is a guaranteed failure. However CK2 has seen me, in my latest vanilla run, go insane from stress that resulted from absolutely nothing. My heir wanted to join the varangian guard and I allowed it. So he got the Great Pox, and from his traits would appear to have been bisected (One armed, legged, eyed) as a result of his adventures. I had another son, a genius, so I decided to duel my son, as he'd also become my rival at some point, by methods I'm not too sure about (seriously, I'm good at making rivals, but I had no notification of this development). I have a 90% chance to win the duel and my ass still gets murdered, my useless cripple son becomes king, and my genius son was found dead under suspicious circumstances not too long after.

Now I understand that history is riddled with tales of families that went like this. But having the worst things happen consistently across every game is getting frustrating. I know it's just RNG but damn.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11742 on: February 13, 2017, 08:08:39 am »

Are you a secret zoroastrian? It's more likely than you think!

« Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:14:30 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: February 13, 2017, 08:20:43 am »

That's awesomesweets!
Love, scriver~

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: February 13, 2017, 08:32:48 am »

Thanks again for posting the dev diaries!
Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 785 ... 1002