Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2093872 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #11610 on: January 20, 2017, 06:53:47 pm »

Carthage's revenge is nearly complete:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Started as the Sultan of Africa (i.e. Tunisia) in Charlemagne, and over a few generations holy warred + invaded almost all of Lombardy. By then I had enough prestige and money to create my own empire. Now I just need to keep the hard-living tribesmen off my case...

Also:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's what you get when you have Berbers in Italy.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #11611 on: January 20, 2017, 07:21:20 pm »

I want to make a sand people joke but it'd sound really racist to someone who doesn't know what it's from...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: January 20, 2017, 09:59:18 pm »

I want to make a sand people joke but it'd sound really racist to someone who doesn't know what it's from...
Don't worry, people that ignorant are a demographic so small that they can safely be mocked rather than listened to, in the unlikely event that they show their faces at all.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: January 20, 2017, 10:03:22 pm »

I think the group of people who know about Tuscany is smaller than the group of people that know Tuscan Raiders :P
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #11614 on: January 21, 2017, 01:52:08 am »

It's definitely interesting when the Aztecs cross the ocean and create the nation of Portugal.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: January 21, 2017, 03:23:49 am »

It's definitely interesting when the Aztecs cross the ocean and create the nation of Portugal.

What is even more interesting is that my United States Citizen brain doesn't seen anything abnormal with that.  After all, those people from South America and Portugal speak the same language, right?  ;)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: January 21, 2017, 05:17:50 am »

What is even more interesting is that my United States Citizen brain doesn't seen anything abnormal with that.  After all, those people from South America and Portugal speak the same language, right?  ;)
The Portuguese speak Nahuatl?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #11617 on: January 21, 2017, 05:54:52 am »

I was fighting against the HRE (while also fighting against Persian Muslims, who somehow managed to get their own piece of Eastern Europe) and it was kinda anti-climatic. I expected REALLY huge, undefeatable doomstacks, but AI wasn't smart enough to make doomstacks, yet they were capable of bringing really huge (like 14000 men) army of mercenaries... But they didn't have enough money to support them, and thus mercenaries revolted. I waited until enemy's numbers were reduced by attrition and then attacked them, and they were defeated eventually. They paid me 1890 or so ducats, and I was really happy with the money. After that, I raided my neighbours and took their money, thus raising the money count up to 2960.

Also, Suomenusko "no upkeep for Holy Orders in Defensive Wars" rocks!

BTW, can you suggest me some starting positions in 769 start date (Counts only!)?
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: January 21, 2017, 09:01:12 am »

For those who actually are interested, I'll be setting up the multiplayer game in 3 hours.  Required mods are the After the End mod and its included submod Extra Empires.

Edit: Meant five hours.  Well, four and a half now.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 09:32:54 am by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11619 on: January 21, 2017, 11:45:21 am »

The Portuguese speak Nahuatl?
Also the Aztecs got Spanicized, the Portuguese speak Portuguese not Spanish, most of SA speaks Spanish with exception to Brazil

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11620 on: January 21, 2017, 01:06:50 pm »

More accurately, the diseases the Spanish gave to the Mesoamericans killed most of them. The descendants of the colonists / allies who survived are the central americans
Otherwise there wouldn't be enough spaniards proportionally to have banged them into a new civilization

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #11621 on: January 21, 2017, 01:09:37 pm »

The castillians allied (and married) the tlaxcaltecs, who, with the aid of spaniards infiltrating Tenochtitlan, went and destroyed the aztecs.

Iberians liked to marry natives of wherever they went for easy alliances (and conversions, and vassals, and taxes), unlike the british colonists (who were often puritans).
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: January 21, 2017, 01:31:08 pm »

The castillians allied (and married) the tlaxcaltecs, who, with the aid of spaniards infiltrating Tenochtitlan, went and destroyed the aztecs.

Iberians liked to marry natives of wherever they went for easy alliances (and conversions, and vassals, and taxes), unlike the british colonists (who were often puritans).
There's also the fact that the Spaniards, who were basically medieval, saw the most important groups they conquered, who were basically medieval, as more or less equivalent entities despite being heathens. There was more respect there. The English, by the time they got colonial, were in the throes of the industrial evolution and the only people left for them were either too strong and distant (China) or were relatively less socially complex due to lower resources and/or recovering from the effects of Spanish-borne plague (North America) or just because they hadn't got the maxim gun or a colonial trade network (India, South Africa). So they looked down on non-Europeans even more than other people, and paternalism became the moral driver.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11623 on: January 21, 2017, 01:56:58 pm »

The one exception to the eternal anglo's smug would be whenever someone allied with them, quickest way to switch from being a barbarian to being a noble equivalent
That and I suppose the Spanish conquistadors were especially reliant upon locals because lines of communication were abysmally long and it was either get local help or everyone dies

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: January 21, 2017, 02:25:59 pm »

Crusader Kings II multiplayer game is up.  Game uses the name of 'Zanzetkuken' with the password of 'bay12'.  Server ID is 90106421809577987.

Edit: Remember, uses the After the End mod with its included Extra Empires submod.  None of the other of the mod's included submods.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 1002