Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2091955 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #10080 on: March 22, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »

The doc says: Get sick and die! (DD#2.)

Spoiler: Whoops (click to show/hide)

Nice, soooo....I suppose the chancellor will be replaced with the doge's horse pretty soon. :D

I think the Court Physician should be replaced with the doge's horse first.  As least the horse would make sure he was unconscious.

Hm, I wonder if the new patch will still implement the diseases, but you have to buy the DLC for the Court Physician.
New DLC policy: Purchase or die!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10081 on: March 22, 2016, 01:02:55 pm »

The doc says: Get sick and die! (DD#2.)

Spoiler: Whoops (click to show/hide)

Nice, soooo....I suppose the chancellor will be replaced with the doge's horse pretty soon. :D

I think the Court Physician should be replaced with the doge's horse first.  As least the horse would make sure he was unconscious.

Lmao, they _MUST_ add this to the lunatic events list IF the doc can be blamed for creating the lunatic monster. :D

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #10082 on: March 22, 2016, 04:03:54 pm »

Hm, I wonder if the new patch will still implement the diseases, but you have to buy the DLC for the Court Physician.
New DLC policy: Purchase or die!
They said it is DLC content.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10083 on: March 22, 2016, 06:48:30 pm »

So, apparently when an enemy army retreats voluntarily, the game lets THEM go a single province to attack half of my army. When *I* do a voluntary retreat, my army goes halfway across the fucking country.

This game hates me. It truly fucking does.

I mean, at this point I'm finding it more and more repulsive of an idea to actually play because the game find some way of twisting its own fucking rules to dick me. Or it'll kill me at the worst time to dick me. Or it'll make my liege decide that I need all my titles revoking. Or my vassals will spontaneously decide to do a mass revolt even though they all love me for no real reason at all.
I don't think the game is twisting its own rules so much as using some obscure rules that are incredibly hard for the player to even know about. Which, in a way, is about as bad.

As for mass revolts, desire for power trumps opinions, as evidenced by most of human history. Et tu, Brute?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10084 on: March 22, 2016, 07:51:08 pm »

So, apparently when an enemy army retreats voluntarily, the game lets THEM go a single province to attack half of my army. When *I* do a voluntary retreat, my army goes halfway across the fucking country.

I mean, at this point I'm finding it more and more repulsive of an idea to actually play because the game find some way of twisting its own fucking rules to dick me. Or it'll kill me at the worst time to dick me. Or it'll make my liege decide that I need all my titles revoking. Or my vassals will spontaneously decide to do a mass revolt even though they all love me for no real reason at all.
I don't think the game is twisting its own rules so much as using some obscure rules that are incredibly hard for the player to even know about. Which, in a way, is about as bad.

As for mass revolts, desire for power trumps opinions, as evidenced by most of human history. Et tu, Brute?
Well, if this game wasn't obscure and obtruse, this thread wouldn't be 697 pages long.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10085 on: March 22, 2016, 09:16:47 pm »

Do what I do: Abuse mercenaries.  Stash some cash, and don't touch it, so that you can win when the game throws this stuff at you.
As a tribe, prestige is as good as cash.  2500 troops for 500 prestige?  Yes please!

A few things I've had to learn the hard way:
Liege revoking - Usually occurs when your culture/religion don't match your liege.  Sometimes, your character can't change that, but if you let someone of your liege's culture/religion raise your heir, then your liege is less likely to revoke your stuff.

Vassals - Honestly, I have Conclave and it changes the rules considerably.  But pre-Conclave, you have to expect vassal revolts.  Mechanically, they leave factions at 60 relations, so any less doesn't really love you.  Once you beat your first revolt, you find out what started it and revoke provinces to weaken them all.

Every character dies.  Characters with spymasters that are either lousy or that hate them die quicker.  Pick a realm where the oldest inherits and daughters can inherit if no sons exist.

My apologies if you already know these things, but as I said, I had to learn them the hard way as well.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10086 on: March 22, 2016, 09:19:05 pm »

And always remember: There is no problem in this game assassination cannot fix.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10087 on: March 22, 2016, 09:20:40 pm »

Dat kinslayer trait doh.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10088 on: March 22, 2016, 09:21:41 pm »

Dat kinslayer trait doh.
Just keep assassinating. The negative opinion won't matter if there is no one alive.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10089 on: March 22, 2016, 09:22:37 pm »

Or get yourself assassinated.  Clean slate!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #10090 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:42 pm »

Dat kinslayer trait doh.
Just keep assassinating. The negative opinion won't matter if there is no one alive.
Well you get opinion penalties if you get caught doing it too.

I think your target gets a -200 too :o
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10091 on: March 22, 2016, 10:01:48 pm »

Hey, remember that venice game I posted a while ago? It got crazier.

Spoiler: Click to expand images (click to show/hide)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10092 on: March 22, 2016, 10:08:10 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10093 on: March 22, 2016, 10:47:05 pm »

Talk about a game of titans. Ummayads, Abbasids, HRE, Carpathia, ERE... And you're stuck smack-dab in the middle. Quite literally.

Good luck?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10094 on: March 23, 2016, 02:23:51 am »

My map is not as amusing, but because of how unhistorical it got, I want to post it. It's my first serious playthough, so I'm easily amused.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The grey one is Holy Lollard Empire I was talking earlier.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?
Pages: 1 ... 671 672 [673] 674 675 ... 1002