Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2092289 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9960 on: March 18, 2016, 02:29:32 pm »

Oh, this is great. My character dropped dead, his heir was underaged and instantly got killed, and I got hit by gravelking between two sisters.

During traditional celebration of succession by means of rebellion, jerks from Rus snatched a province from me. Croatia still doesn't want to be my Vassal, even though absolutely nobody else could save them from total annihilation. And I'm sitting out crusade in anticipation of the next rebellion.

But it could be worse. At least I had good sense in marry my eldest daughter matrileary.
Sounds like you're having fun.
Oh yes. Also, got a lot of money from ransoms once the rebellion ended and traditionally restored size of my demesne at their expense.

Now I can play as a homicidal slut. If only I had a brother to bang, I'd be Cercei Lannister.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 02:54:17 pm by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9961 on: March 19, 2016, 07:42:44 am »

Won a crusade for Finland. Unloaded it onto courtiers with no lands. From this moment on Finland is officially called Teenage Wasteland.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9962 on: March 19, 2016, 10:36:45 am »

- Emperor of Carpathia, we demand you install elective succession in Croatia
- Fine, then I nominate my firstborn son
- Sigh, fine it's not like we had a vote in it anyway.

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9963 on: March 19, 2016, 11:20:52 am »

Emperor of Carpathia

I see you have learned the value of Hungary.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9964 on: March 19, 2016, 01:10:24 pm »

Emperor of Carpathia

I see you have learned the value of Hungary.
I started rolling random nobles, and it Hungarian were the most memorable, so I decided to play as Hungary. Is Hungary special in some way?

A Thing

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm here for ya, kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9965 on: March 19, 2016, 01:24:15 pm »

I started rolling random nobles, and it Hungarian were the most memorable, so I decided to play as Hungary. Is Hungary special in some way?

No, but my first Empire I created was also Carpathia. I think the only sorta unique that Hungarians can do is raid neighboring infidels or something.
Wasteland 1 & 2
"Power Couple: Markus Athing & Cyborg 45"

Makes me curious, can cyborgs have future babies too?
On the offchance they can, I know who I want my daddy to be
(finished)Age of Decadence

Uristides

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9966 on: March 19, 2016, 03:08:04 pm »

So I decided to check how that heir's churning out dynasty members and then:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Yeah, I know, it's completely my fault for landing him before making sure the marriage happened, but damn. I guess my only hope now is killing the betrothed and finding another young genius around, eh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9967 on: March 19, 2016, 07:22:31 pm »

Oh, this is great. My character dropped dead, his heir was underaged and instantly got killed, and I got hit by gravelking between two sisters.

During traditional celebration of succession by means of rebellion, jerks from Rus snatched a province from me. Croatia still doesn't want to be my Vassal, even though absolutely nobody else could save them from total annihilation. And I'm sitting out crusade in anticipation of the next rebellion.

But it could be worse. At least I had good sense in marry my eldest daughter matrileary.
It can always be worse, one of those rebels could be wearing a suit of armour like that of Henry VIII
Spoiler: It is terrifying (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now that's the codpiece of a guy who looks like he's gonna kill some wives and create some religions.

From what we know from history, he's overcompensating.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #9968 on: March 19, 2016, 07:58:55 pm »

So I was playing as a Queen(seducing my way onto the top, though I had to bash Thenns heads in since they don't seem to enjoy heterosexual relationships)-beyond-The-Wall from the earliest date in AGOT mod, and basically I captured Nights Watch Lord Commander and made join me and...
SOMEHOW
...the game forgot to get a new Lord Commander, or at least remove the old one from the position.
Which means... that I vassalized fucking Nights Watch as a Wildling.

I think there is an event that gets the Lord Commander seduced by Wildling woman (which has ridiculous traits) and makes him become "King-on-The-Wall" but I am pretty sure this is a bug.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9969 on: March 19, 2016, 08:57:13 pm »

I'm glad to see that AGOT is now compatible with the latest version!

Some other mod news:
After the End is now compatible with the latest version!
Middle Earth actually has a playable* version and is also compatible with the latest version! Sadly does not seem to work.
Birthright actually has a playable* version and is also compatible with the latest version!

*I haven't tested this or any of the rest.  Middle Earth in particular I'd like to test further, as it has a giant "Beta" tag on it.  May be nothing, may mean you can only play as the Shire, dunno really. Yeah, Middle Earth Mod doesn't work for me.  Maybe others will have better luck.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9970 on: March 20, 2016, 03:25:46 am »

Mongols are kicking Rus and I fear I will be next in line, because they already fought Rus for Ruthenia which is mine kingdom (I only control half of De Jure Ruthenia). It's my first playthrough 'til Mongols and at good day I have only about 20K levies. How screwed am I?

jhxmt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9971 on: March 20, 2016, 07:11:03 am »

Started up my first game for ages, picked a random start (well, clicked random a few times until I found one that appealed) and started off as a count in Lombardy in the Old Gods start.  Fair enough, bit of politicking, bit of snatching other counties up within the duchy, all sounds good.

Twenty years later, Lombardy fragmented.  Significantly.  Three rebellions all at the same time.  So while my king and my duke (liege) are off fighting the wars with the troops they've raised, I decide to perform a little house-reordering and a) revoke the second barony in my home county then b) use the additional levies this provides me with to grab the county next door, which my (amazing) chancellor has managed to fabricate a claim on.

I didn't quite have the initial levies to siege the barony successfully...but, forming a brief alliance with county #3 next door (ruled by my brother in law), suddenly I have more troops on the horizon and seize it successfully.  Then, after a brief respite to allow the levies to rebuild, launched my claim attack and managed to get the second county under my banner.

All this while massive rebel army stacks are circling around besieging counties left and right.  Fortunately mine didn't appear to be appealing.

Next: fabricate a claim on a third county in the (five-county) duchy, get it...and then try and get the duchy, I guess.  I can't just usurp the title from my liege, can I?  I have to actually get a claim and then press it, correct?  It's been so long since I've played this game.

Also, my character went seduction focus initially and proved to be entirely useless at it.  Pretty much the entire female population of the kingdom (not county, kingdom) now hates him due to "Refused Seduction" modifiers.  :P  Is seduction success based on Intrigue?  That would explain a lot.
Quote from: beefsupreme
Try slaughtering a ton of animals, meat makes less decisions than animals.

Why Your Ramps Don't Work
How To Breach A Volcano Safely

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9972 on: March 20, 2016, 07:34:27 am »

Found a 13-year-old girl in my dungeon who was imprisoned for 12 years. Who is she? Why is she imprisoned? I have no idea.

Should review my prisoner list more often.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9973 on: March 20, 2016, 08:25:36 am »

Found a 13-year-old girl in my dungeon who was imprisoned for 12 years. Who is she? Why is she imprisoned? I have no idea.

Should review my prisoner list more often.

Most likely captured during a siege at the age of 1.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9974 on: March 20, 2016, 08:42:08 am »

I wish it was possible to educate child prisoners.  Educate a foreign prince in your culture and religion -> release him, he loves you -> make sure they inherit -> foreign realm is friendly and the vassals may willingly convert too
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 663 664 [665] 666 667 ... 1002