Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1002

Author Topic: Crusader Kings 2 is released.  (Read 2090573 times)

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
Re: Crusader Kings 2 is released.
« Reply #9600 on: February 15, 2016, 03:16:07 am »

I've created Wales(technically named "Bryhthiad" or something ) and managed to take all but one county within it. Had some really nice alliances with a couple of kingdoms (Pictland and Asturias), but they ceased with the death of my ruler (not close enough family members to keep the bonds) and it would seem I don't have very many children to marry off for alliances/inherit, so now I'm attempting to impregnate as many wenches as physically possible... Maybe I should rethink my life choices.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9601 on: February 15, 2016, 03:22:41 am »

I've created Wales(technically named "Bryhthiad" or something ) and managed to take all but one county within it. Had some really nice alliances with a couple of kingdoms (Pictland and Asturias), but they ceased with the death of my ruler (not close enough family members to keep the bonds) and it would seem I don't have very many children to marry off for alliances/inherit, so now I'm attempting to impregnate as many wenches as physically possible... Maybe I should rethink my life choices.

Ah, the classic "breed with anything that can breed" tactic.  Tried and true, dat, tried and true.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9602 on: February 15, 2016, 05:09:55 am »

As for coalitions, I actually like them.  Ignoring the crowd of powergamers that want to take over the world (literally), I have a game where being in a coalition is the only thing that has kept me independent.
Ah yes, god forbid I dislike a poorly implemetned mechanic that was added for "MUHTIEPLIERZ"  balance, clearly all people that hate coalitions must be powergamers.

It's in EUIV. Also it's insanely easy to roll half the world once you get a bit of impetus, it's a pretty simple method of balancing that out. Also... nations sometimes form coalitions in real life to deal with a major threat?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9603 on: February 15, 2016, 09:11:31 am »

It's in EUIV. Also it's insanely easy to roll half the world once you get a bit of impetus, it's a pretty simple method of balancing that out. Also... nations sometimes form coalitions in real life to deal with a major threat?
Like the Roman and Persian Empires teaming up after centuries of conflict to combat the invading Arabs from the south, or heck - the Mongol invasions united all the enemies they invaded (for all the good it did them)

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9604 on: February 15, 2016, 12:56:15 pm »

Goddammit my brother, who is also my appointed heir and designated regent, is a retard.
My current Aquitaine game has conquered maybe a third of the Iberian peninsula through long, hard work. As luck would have it, the Pope just called a Crusade for Andalusia which would be a wonderful addition to the kingdom but at the same time, my king got his skull bashed in during a battle so he's incapable now. And despite the Ummayad's being weakened due to a couple of internal wars and uprisings, my brother apparently doesn't want to be the owner of both the kingdoms of Aquitaine and Andalucia.  I guess I can just hope that my ruler dies before it's too late to join the Crusade.

Edit: That was a tense couple of years. Lost of couple of counties to regent shenanigans and the Crusade warscore reached 93% before the Ummayads managed to turn it around. Luckily, my incapable ruler had the good sense to die just after I appointed his son his heir instead of the useless brother who was apparently set on turning over Andalusia to our main christian rivals on the peninsula, the Italians. As soon as he was crowned the son joined the Crusade, which was now down to 17% warscore, turned it around almost single-handedly and managed to win the rest of the Iberian peninsula, save a few stragglers and Italian provinces, in a decisive war that made him known as "the Great" at 20 years of age, in a span of 2 years.

I love this game :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2016, 02:00:33 pm by Sartain »

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #9605 on: February 15, 2016, 03:40:29 pm »

Sounds like he earned the moniker "The Great".  Yeah, this game rocks!

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9606 on: February 16, 2016, 10:22:33 am »

My Poland game seems to be going rather well.

...meanwhile in Poland:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

:D

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9607 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:17 am »

Realpolitik, mang. He doesn't need to eat them himself.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9608 on: February 16, 2016, 11:18:02 am »

Yeah, but it's still a funny one.  :D

Anyway! Conclave DD #6 The 2.5.2 Patch

"....We have also acted decisively on the issue of Infamy and Coalitions. Sparing no effort, we have renamed these features to Threat and Defensive Pacts..."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9609 on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:53 am »

I never experienced the horror of coalitions, but my friend insisted they really were awful.  Either way, this seems like a good response by Paradox...

He'll be glad for those changes to shattered retreats, too.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9610 on: February 16, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »

Yeah coalitions got pretty bad, since in my current game as basically the god emperor of the fraticellas every nation in existence decided I need to stop I literally had the entirety of India against me... As a Irishman with control of western Europe.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9611 on: February 16, 2016, 08:32:06 pm »

Well, we'll have to see how it is in play but it sounds like a good system now. Still have to wonder a bit about why they didn't foresee the problems and take measures to avoid them, but at least they're not sweeping everything under a rug.

Only thing to worry about now is if the shattered retreat changes do enough.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9612 on: February 17, 2016, 07:23:53 am »

Yep, (some of) their QA testers share a specific trait probably.

..but again, as we all know, boring and repetitive jobs can pay decently, game testers do not get compensated nearly as well.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 10:45:16 am by gimli »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #9613 on: February 17, 2016, 11:40:34 am »

Being a game dev QA is nothing if not boring and repetetive.
Love, scriver~

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9614 on: February 17, 2016, 01:10:02 pm »

Yep, (some of) their QA testers share a specific trait probably.

..but again, as we all know, boring and repetitive jobs can pay decently, game testers do not get compensated nearly as well.
More likely they have a very limited QA resource pool as the gameplay QA is drawn off by Stellaris, so they were only really testing for bugs.
Pages: 1 ... 639 640 [641] 642 643 ... 1002